Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ChadTower
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

The left rotating slot wheel below the playfield does not always match the dot matrix display. The dot matrix display is correct but the rotating left wheel is off 9 times out of 10. It's been this way for a long time. Kinda frustrating. Any suggestions for a cure?

#2 10 years ago

I'm not sure how this mechanism works since I don't own the game, but are there opto sensors or switches that tell the game which position the reel is in? Maybe it needs adjustment or replacement.

Hopefully someone who owns the game can chime in and help you out.

#3 10 years ago

Your issue is most likely with the slot reel. The hub might be cracked and slipping on the stepper motor, or it may be warped that the notch that the opto reads may be out of the path of the opto. Slot reels are impossible to find, so be extremely careful if you take them apart.

#4 10 years ago

+1 Tortelvis. If the wheel is spinning okay then it's probably not attached to the spindle properly anymore. Those reels are pretty much unobtanium now. It took me two years to find a set for my Whodunnit (bought without any reels).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-slot-wheel-does-not-match-backglass-matrix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.