(Topic ID: 156362)

Who Dunnit? - Need help with slot reel please!

By Willy39

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello,
I have a Who Dunnit? and the right reel on the slot machine. Seems slow and does not stop at the intended picture. I think the reel needs to be re-adjusted or tightened on the motor arm? I did do a test in the menu and the opto is working and the reel does spin. It just seems that the right reel is slower. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated on how I can tighten the right reel so it spins correctly with the motor arm.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

how I can tighten the right reel so it spins correctly with the motor arm.

First things first, DO NOT over tighten that slot...known area of issues because it's made of plastic and will crack.
Moving slowly could be the motor needs to be cleaned. Metal shavings get jammed up inside of it, so do a search for that.
I would deal with that first and that might clear up the wrong picture thing...the reels/stickers have a slot (ha) in them that tells the opto where it is on the wheel...so unlikely you'd have to take off the sticker.

Hmm...did PPS start making new reels?

#5 3 years ago

there are some thread explaining how to work on the wheels and how to grind a flat spot on the motor shaft to avoid further damage .Find those , theres a wealth of info on them .

#6 3 years ago

I forgot about this vid , they cover it in here .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.50
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 50.00
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fairbank, IA
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside