View topic image gallery

IMG_6977.jpg
IMG_6987.jpg
IMG_6967.jpg
WP_20150519_19_29_55_Pro.jpg
WP_20150519_19_29_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20150519_19_29_35_Pro.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I was trying to reply two dead flasher bulb when I found the previous owner had let them out for a reason. The new bulb were lighting up like crazy (video http://1drv.ms/1AeppLY)!

When checking the board I saw the GI were in a pretty bad shape. I have never tackled GI connectors troubleshooting yet so I am not too sure where to go from there.
The rest works fine even if it seems all flashers are rather dim...

Looking in the manual, from what I understand (limited understanding at this point...) it seems the lower right flasher should have voltage connected to J105-5 and drive to J125-6 with Blu-Grn.
105 in top right corner is completely empty... I think blu-grn also connect to 125-5 if I count it right?

WP_20150519_19_29_35_Pro.jpgWP_20150519_19_29_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20150519_19_29_45_Pro.jpgWP_20150519_19_29_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20150519_19_29_55_Pro.jpgWP_20150519_19_29_55_Pro.jpg

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Looking in the manual, from what I understand (limited understanding at this point...) it seems the lower right flasher should have voltage connected to J105-5

Manual is wrong, should be J106-5 and is in correct place on photo #3

Quoted from hisokajp:

and drive to J125-6 with Blu-Grn...... I think blu-grn also connect to 125-5 if I count it right?

Counting from right to left it looks in correct place as well on photo #1+2

#3 8 years ago

Time to learn board work lol Gonna need a new transistor for them flashers they are probably on the same one.
Also the gi looks like its directly soldered to the header pins so you will probably wanna get 2 molex connectors and redo that .ill try to find all the stuff you need and what transistor needs replaced anc get back to you .

#4 8 years ago

thanks guys, not sure I completely understand quite yet, needs to do quite a bit of reading on that.
I was going to try and redo J120/121 with male/female connector in my next order.

I just wasn't sure those GI really had an effect on the 2 flashers going nuts Since J106-5 is apparently correct as well

I was also trying to find in the manual the information on the other translate flasher, but I couldn't quite find the page where those are listed?

3 weeks later
#5 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Time to learn board work lol Gonna need a new transistor for them flashers they are probably on the same one.
Also the gi looks like its directly soldered to the header pins so you will probably wanna get 2 molex connectors and redo that .ill try to find all the stuff you need and what transistor needs replaced anc get back to you .

hey Bigd, I was wondering if you had time to get some more info for this one?

#6 8 years ago

Looks familiar - I think the same guy that wired your Who Dunnit wired mine too!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whodunnit-gi-issues

I got mine back together and working, just soldered on some new header pins and re-wired the connectors.

Just take a lot of pictures before disconnecting the wires from the board - you can label the connectors with a sharpie as well to help you when re-connecting.

Here's my before and after...

IMG_6967.jpgIMG_6967.jpg IMG_6987.jpgIMG_6987.jpg IMG_6977.jpgIMG_6977.jpg
#7 8 years ago

thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 26.50
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-flasher-over-powered and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.