(Topic ID: 114575)

WHO dunnit Club - And then I was on the case...

By scylla

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,122 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by daakrolb
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WHO dunnit?”

• Tony 21 votes
    16%
  • Victoria 23 votes
    17%
  • Butler 31 votes
    23%
  • Bruno 15 votes
    11%
  • Trixie 45 votes
    33%

(135 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27001d1c-e381-495f-86e7-f46eabaa2422 (resized).jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 12.48.35 (resized).png
lift ramps (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7876877_7 (resized).jpg
IMG_8253 (resized).JPG
IMG_8100 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240321_180545638 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180539723 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_171323528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180559595 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180552410 (resized).jpg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_225004619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4942 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4908 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 7 years ago

Just read both pages, all two of them. Some great comments and ideas. I'll copy and steal ideas for sure. Love ours, gets a lot of attention and the wife does love it which is important when you have to many pins.
So Thursday we turn on pin for some games. Few played, game left on, I look over at it an hour later, no DMD??? Completely out,game works just no display. Before I dig in today. Any ideas gang? Thinking a fuse, and check ribbon cables first.
I also wanted to say I've had numerous pins, never had a DMD do this,just go black, first for me.

1 month later
#97 7 years ago

I have original roms in mine.What do people think about updated current roms?

1 month later
#104 7 years ago

At Boot-up Display says I have 2 fuses out, 12volt F112 and F115. Both fuses test good, corresponding LED on power board dark.
Any Ideas??
Looks like Im sending power driver board our for repairs?
Played great a week ago, this happened out of no where.

5 months later
#118 6 years ago

I keep having good games, then all the sudden my 12v 3amp fuse blows. Ive noticed during games the ball through keeps ejecting balls repeatedly. Then on power up says check 12v opto fuses 115 and 116, F116 repeatedly blows. Had game awhile before this gremlin showed up.
Cant figure this grelim out.
I also started a thread this morning and appears this has happened to many others.

5 months later
#127 6 years ago

Anyone know where to get the German sound roms? And would there be a game code rom for cpu to? Or, you just need the sound roms to make game all German speech?
Thanks

2 weeks later
#148 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Couple questions: is there a good methodology to balance the Tony's Palace elevator ramp? It feel like most balls want to go to the right, even slightly. Also, the ball leaves the left trail much slower than the right trail.
Second - my train ramp exit over the left inlane is slightly broken. The left screw plastic has separated from the ramp exit, causing the metal stopper to rotate away a bit from the ramp as the ball hits it. The RIGHT stopper has a three screw setup - two screws in the plastic ramp, and one screw that is anchored to a playfield post.
The left stopper doesn't have an anchor to a playfield post and it is relying completely on the ramp screwholes to hold it. Since that has broken away on one side, it's now loose. So past getting a new train ramp, has anyone solved this type of problem?

Post a picture. Im sure theres a fix.

2 months later
#170 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is there supposed to be a gate on the shooter lane exit?

No...I wondered the same thing forever.
To much traffic during multiball. I assume the proto's had it. But i could see that breaking over time. Thus factory left it out. Also gives you a shooter lane save with it gone, but instant auto fire will happen.

2 months later
#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ok, All Good I bypassed the 12V and GND wire to the 16 opto board with another 2 pieces of wire and all works again so now i just need to track down where one or the other is broken along the line. I can sleep peacefully tonight

My bet is the back of the power driver board at fuse F116. Been there done that on both BR, GI and W?D.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ok, All Good I bypassed the 12V and GND wire to the 16 opto board with another 2 pieces of wire and all works again so now i just need to track down where one or the other is broken along the line. I can sleep peacefully tonight

Also...Are you running a Topper or any other mods of the power driver board? Who dunnit does not like extra power draw off driver board.

1 month later
#195 5 years ago

The mystery is building...
Marc at Freeplay40 has center ramp in hand. Hopefully he will make center ramp soon. It will be a tough vacuform, not injection mold. His center ramp for Hurricane is bulletproof, so it should work.

2 months later
#203 5 years ago

Awesome.
ColorDMD looks Great in this machine.
I was bets testing early on, but have been busy with work past couple months.
Eric P has done an amazing job Again!

2 weeks later
#206 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How difficult is it to find a NOS translite?
Do they come up for sale?

PM sent.

#207 5 years ago

If you dont have a topper....
I have a Who dunnit Slot machine glass in new condition up for grabs. Matches artwork on game.
Pm me if interested.

2 months later
#215 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i believe they are available from down under.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thanks - have noticed the Australian ones but pretty expensive and never seen one in person to know what the quality is like.

I have one of these brand new NOS Translights for sale. Got this one from Mr Pinball Australia.
$180 shipped to USA.
Pm me if you would like it.
Thanks
Eric

4 weeks later
#220 5 years ago

Anybody in Club want to buy a W?D Lasserific topper?
PM me if interested.
Thanks
Eric

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold-Thank you.

1 week later
#229 5 years ago

I have a Brand New W?D Translite if anyone is interested. Its Flawless and has been stored flat for almost 2 years. $175 shipped.
Pm me if interested.
Thanks
Eric

Added over 5 years ago:

$145 shipped!

#230 5 years ago

I have a bunch of W?D parts for sale.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Bally Who Dunnit Parts left over from restore. Only few pics here in ad. Pm me if you need more. Price Listed is for all parts Bulk ship depending on location. Price includes check...”
2019-03-05
Anaheim, CA
500 (Firm)
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 224 times

#231 5 years ago

No one wants a great main big ramp is awesome condition???
Easily a 8+++ /10!
$200 shipped.

1 month later
#235 4 years ago

Listed a Bunch of W?D parts yesterday.
Get them all cheaper than Marco's or Bay Area with Free Shipping.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Who Dunnit Large Ramp. Ramp with Train Tracks that enters up right lift ramp, drops at center, and returns to left lane. Used condition, Good to Fair condition with no major breaks...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 456 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New Lower Price! Brand New, Never touched. Been out of tube twice for photos only. Purchased from Mr Pinball Australia. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment detail...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 57 days
Viewed: 143 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Stepper Motor Control Circuit Board for the Slot Reels under Playfield. Stepper Motor Part PCB #A-19043-1. Bally WHO DUNNIT Stepper motor hi current driver board. Brand ...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 125 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Game Rom for CPU Socket U6. Latest, most up to date version, L-1.2 R. Brand New Never Installed, protective case for shipment. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me f...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Viewed: 45 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit 3 piece slot reel decals. Brand New never installed, OEM slot reel decals, not reproductions, originals. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Pa...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
35 (OBO)
Viewed: 101 times

#236 4 years ago

Listed a Bunch of W?D parts yesterday.
Get them all cheaper than Marco's or Bay Area with Free Shipping.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Brand New 4 Piece Lot for Who Dunnit. -Sling Shot plastics-protective film still on both sides, 2 pc L & R. -$15 -Right lower lane guide with magnifying glass-protective film s...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Viewed: 165 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Brand New, never installed 3 bank target guide and carrier. Fits a few different games. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchase only. Free Sh...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 39 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit (W?D)Decals-Backboard and 2(L&R) upper ramps in back. Brand New NOS~reflections in photo's are not wrinkles. Will install flat and clean. Sold game, listing many W?...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 34 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Playfield plastics- Black Phone playfield toy and Round number rotary dial plastic/w protective coating. Brand New Never Installed NOS. Sold game, listing many W?D part...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 21 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit (W?D) Roulette Wheel Playfield Plastic. Brand New, Never Installed ~ NOS. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchase only. Free Shipping.”
2020-11-01
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 268 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Playfield Spotlight Sockets. 4 Bayonet base, Brand New~NOS. Used on Who Dunnit or many others. Light that dark spot on Game! Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment de...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 28 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Elevator Ramp Decal. This is the decal is for center field ramp Scoop. Brand new with protective coating on both sides~NOS Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for p...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Viewed: 57 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “WHO DUNNIT Brand New OEM, Original Factory Playfield Slot Window with Decal applied. VERY CLEAN, no scratches or shelf wear. Been wrapped in brown paper you see in pics for 2 decad...”
2019-04-23
Anaheim, CA
45 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 25 times

2 weeks later
#241 4 years ago

Make offers and combo deals for all Who Dunnit ads.
Thanks

1 month later
#257 4 years ago

Plenty of who dunnit parts still.
Click my ads and send me a Pm message.
Combo up for discounts!

2 months later
#259 4 years ago

Great restore and spare parts lot.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Roulette wheel=18 FREE SHIPPING”
2020-03-09
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 83 days
Viewed: 766 times

2 months later
#281 4 years ago

Sold my game earlier in year.
I have a Who Dunnit Slot machine topper that would also look great on a pinball machine.
Pm me if you want it.
$75 shipped.
Thanks
Eric

20191112_114405 (resized).jpg20191112_114405 (resized).jpg20191112_114426 (resized).jpg20191112_114426 (resized).jpg
#282 4 years ago

I also still have this. OBO

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Roulette wheel=18 FREE SHIPPING”
2020-03-09
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 83 days
Viewed: 766 times

4 weeks later
#290 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I just snagged a NOS main ramp and I'd like to try and prevent any cracking around the screw holes on this one. Is there anything I can do to reinforce the material around those holes?

Mylar strips, top and bottom, ad washers too.
Worked for me in past. Also, i have thin strips of blue steel used for ramp flaps. Cut into nice form shaped pieces and install top and bottom. Trick is to not over tighten, have just enough post to catch nut.

1 month later
#295 4 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Anyone knows how to fix the bounce back from the elevator ramp? When the ball is coming too fast, the flap doesn't close fast enough and the ball will bounce back down.
Previous owner had a rubber installed on the falp, but I found that ugly so I removed it. Is there a better fix?

Crazy question. Whats your playfield pitch and do you have correct flipper coils installed? Just sounds like to much power.
I recently had to remove superbands from my flippers on Mousin Around. They were to bouncy/ strong for a correct feel.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sold my game earlier in year.
I have a Who Dunnit Slot machine topper that would also look great on a pinball machine.
Pm me if you want it.
$75 shipped.
Thanks
Eric[quoted image][quoted image]

Slot Backglass still available!
$75 was the Free Ship price if it sounds expensive. OBO.

6 months later
#320 3 years ago

If you dont have a topper....
I have a Who dunnit Slot machine glass in new condition up for grabs. Matches artwork on game.
Pm me if interested.

Slot Backglass still available!
$75 was the Free Ship price if it sounds expensive. OBO.

Bump for my W?D slot glass.
Makes a Great Topper!
I also have new code Game Rom. Never used or open. Latest revision. $15
Lastly- I have a NOS roulette wheel plastic for game in upper right corner. $15

Added over 4 years ago:

Rom is Sold.

1 month later
#330 3 years ago

Any interest in a Who Dunnit Topper?
Very Nice Slot Belly Glass looking to move.
Would look great in top of game lite up.
$45 shipped!
PM me.
Thanks

20200827_123332 (resized).jpg20200827_123332 (resized).jpg20200827_123340 (resized).jpg20200827_123340 (resized).jpg20200827_123419 (resized).jpg20200827_123419 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#342 3 years ago

Price Drop, $15 Shipped!

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit (W?D) Roulette Wheel Playfield Plastic. Brand New, Never Installed ~ NOS. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchase only. Free Shipping.”
2020-11-01
Anaheim, CA

2 months later
#381 3 years ago

Black Friday Sale this week/...and I've had it forever bump.
$10 Bucks Shipped!!!!
SOLD!!

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
2020-11-01
Anaheim, CA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.