(Topic ID: 114575)

WHO dunnit Club - And then I was on the case...

By scylla

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,122 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by daakrolb
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WHO dunnit?”

• Tony 21 votes
    16%
  • Victoria 23 votes
    17%
  • Butler 31 votes
    23%
  • Bruno 15 votes
    11%
  • Trixie 45 votes
    33%

(135 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27001d1c-e381-495f-86e7-f46eabaa2422 (resized).jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 12.48.35 (resized).png
lift ramps (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7876877_7 (resized).jpg
IMG_8253 (resized).JPG
IMG_8100 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240321_180545638 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180539723 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_171323528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180559595 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180552410 (resized).jpg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_225004619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4942 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4908 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So check this out fellow gumshoes...I really like the idea of using an MRS magnetic-activated switch in place of some physical micro switches with the metal arm. At times, my 3-way ramp switches would slow down the ball or even stop it and I would then adjust the switch. I had that issue on The Shadow and at the top of my GB ramp. So I saw a post by Pinsider “Sonic,” who is offering MRS switches for $30 each. I took a chance and ordered 3, cut my green and white wires on my 3 ramp switches and soldered the MRS switches on. Check it out below! They work great. They are highly sensitive and register hits every time a ball passes by. You can mount them under the ramps or on the sides. No more metal switches to activate or touch the ball. Better flow, and registering 100% so far.
It’s just marrying of the bare wires and soldering them together. Each MRS comes with several inches of wire, one green and one white. Easy to cut and match up greens and whites. I just exposed a half inch of wire on each and twisted them together, add a tiny bit of solder and covered with heat shrink or electrical tape. The MRS has adhesive tabs under them for sticking to the ramp.
Really happy with these magnetic switches and how they improve my pin. Some may prefer the metal switches, and I do as well in most locations. Here tho, they work great!
They use MRS switches on some other pins too. On Safe Cracker for the top A-B-C rollovers. I think TZ may have some.
Contact Matt, “Sonic” here on Pinside if you are interested. He will custom make them with the length of wire you need for your application.
Enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the write-up Mark! You've caught on to exactly what Dan & I are gunning for with MRS' and their application beyond what WMS originally used them for. As you noted, we make a replacement for the original MRS' as found in 7 WMS pins: SC, CV, NBAFB, NGG, RFM, SWE1 & CC, as well as the quasi-universal Ramp style you used in WD and several custom MRS' for the bowls in Diner, CFTBL, Transporter, CC & coming next week, Taxi.....

Matt & Dan - M&M Creations

1 year later
#721 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just received my new centre ramp which is fantastic!
What measures have others gone to to hide the ugly wiring for each switch that is visible?
Has anyone tried doing MRS switches instead?

Hi Terry -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case/page/7#post-5494993

Look familiar? That's our first version of our universal ramp MRS. Our current version of those MRS' are about 1/3 that size ....so to answer your question - yes they have!

Matt
M&M Creations
"We don't touch your balls..."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.