(Topic ID: 114575)

WHO dunnit Club - And then I was on the case...

By scylla

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,122 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by daakrolb
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WHO dunnit?”

• Tony 21 votes
    16%
  • Victoria 23 votes
    17%
  • Butler 31 votes
    23%
  • Bruno 15 votes
    11%
  • Trixie 45 votes
    33%

(135 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27001d1c-e381-495f-86e7-f46eabaa2422 (resized).jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 12.48.35 (resized).png
lift ramps (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7876877_7 (resized).jpg
IMG_8253 (resized).JPG
IMG_8100 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240321_180545638 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180539723 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_171323528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180559595 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180552410 (resized).jpg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_225004619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4942 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4908 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bagdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me the length & size of the hex post holding the spot? Also, is there supposed to be a hex post holding the right ramp to the sling?

Thanks.

WD (resized).jpgWD (resized).jpg
8 months later
#294 4 years ago

Anyone knows how to fix the bounce back from the elevator ramp? When the ball is coming too fast, the flap doesn't close fast enough and the ball will bounce back down.

Previous owner had a rubber installed on the falp, but I found that ugly so I removed it. Is there a better fix?

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Crazy question. Whats your playfield pitch and do you have correct flipper coils installed? Just sounds like to much power.
I recently had to remove superbands from my flippers on Mousin Around. They were to bouncy/ strong for a correct feel.

I don't have superbands on flippers yet. Issue seems to be related to the 2 elevator posts bounce or the flap itself (Maybe a little oil). I was wondering if installing superbands on the posts would make them less bouncy. I thought superbands were absorbing speed compared to regular rubbers or Titans.

I'm at 6.5/6.7°.

3 months later
#312 4 years ago

Anyone knows where this plastic is supposed to go? I got this with my slingshot protectors and even if I just completed my topside teardown I can't find this part.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#314 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It goes behind the telephone. It's there to avoid the ball getting trapped

I'm looking but I can't figure out where it actually goes. Any picture would be nice.

Edit: I just found it. Ball can get trapped there??!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
4 months later
#336 3 years ago

I just finished my top side tear down. Really happy with the results (will post pictures later).

But now, I noticed that I got some air balls when the ball is entering the Lift Ramp. I checked and noticed the flap was not touching the PF. After adjusting it, it now touch the PF but I still sometimes get some air balls when it's coming from some angle or at high speed.

Anyone got an Idea? I checked if the slot window was offset but it seems really flush. I noticed is that the flippers coils were not the right colors (blue). Could it be that? Too much power?

EDIT: After reading page 3, I might have to take a look at the linkage for the lift ramp airballs. My ramp seems to move a lot.

#337 3 years ago

Some pictures of my top side cleaning/shop job.

P1040781_REZ (resized).jpgP1040781_REZ (resized).jpgP1040789_REZ (resized).JPGP1040789_REZ (resized).JPGP1040801_REZ (resized).jpgP1040801_REZ (resized).jpgP1040814_REZ (resized).jpgP1040814_REZ (resized).jpg
#340 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Looks nice, but I'D do significantly less blue/purple - it doesn't match the atmosphere of the pin very well. I understand this is all hapening around a city in the 1920s with warm lighting in art deco highrises. But maybe I'm wrong.

It's all a matter of taste I guess. I really dig it like this. And, it look much better in person. Somehow the colors seems a bit more blue-ish on the pictures.

Quoted from PeterG:

I really like it. Love the colors, make this game pop. Best Who Dunnit i have seen se far. Most are really dark.

Thanks! I really like the colors too. The game just Glow!

2 months later
#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Noticed on mine the only spacers are for the spotlights, left ramp exit over the slingshot plastic, and the right ramp just behind the sewer.

Same thing for me. I noticed that some people have a spacer on the right sling to hold the ramp too.

rrr (resized).jpgrrr (resized).jpg
7 months later
#544 2 years ago

In mine it's a 44, so I used the two headed flex. Not perfect but better.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/two-headed-flex-non-ghosting

1 month later
#555 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Hi all. I’ve just joined the club! Does anyone have a lead on the Tonys Palace plastic as my machine is missing that one

You can try and do a google search with the part number 31-2509-10A. They seems to be Out of Stock pretty much everywhere exept for a german site. Ebay or Pinside marketplace is your best bet I guess.

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It says the item is not available but thank you for the link

Was talking about that site

https://pinball-parts.shop/kategoriesuche/spielfeldteile/plastiks/20422/plastik-2er-set-who-dunnit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bagdad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case?tu=Bagdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.