(Topic ID: 114575)

WHO dunnit Club - And then I was on the case...

By scylla

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,122 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by daakrolb
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WHO dunnit?”

• Tony 21 votes
    16%
  • Victoria 23 votes
    17%
  • Butler 31 votes
    23%
  • Bruno 15 votes
    11%
  • Trixie 45 votes
    33%

(135 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27001d1c-e381-495f-86e7-f46eabaa2422 (resized).jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 12.48.35 (resized).png
lift ramps (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7876877_7 (resized).jpg
IMG_8253 (resized).JPG
IMG_8100 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240321_180545638 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180539723 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_171323528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180559595 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180552410 (resized).jpg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_225004619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4942 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4908 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from lowga:

Fuse F116, a slow-blow 3 amp fuse is always blown. Replace it and the game functions normally again for awhile---then several games later, same problem again

I had this message on my machine not long before i sold it but mine wasn't blowing the F116 fuse though and turned out to be a loose wire to the 16 opto board. Your issue is different though and again must be a short somewhere to keep blowing the fuse. Not sure what that might be at the moment, i will need to have a look at a pdf of the manual again and see if i can spot something. I don't have the copy of the manual anymore, went with the machine when i sold it. F116 is effecting the flippers cause none of the opto's are working, pretty sure it is linked to all opto power being 12V secondary.

Edit* Found this and it may help solve your problem https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wd-keeps-blowing-12v-opto-fuse-f116
Eric can also most likely update you better with this issue.
I do have to add that i had several mods on my machine running off J116 and the one next door that also uses the 12V secondary supply. In well over a year i never had an issue from overtaxing the supply BUT having said that it may also depend on how long the machine is turned on for/played also. Perhaps my machine had already had the chips mentioned in the post changed before i got it, can't be sure about that.

2 weeks later
#203 5 years ago

Awesome.
ColorDMD looks Great in this machine.
I was bets testing early on, but have been busy with work past couple months.
Eric P has done an amazing job Again!

1 week later
#204 5 years ago

20181113_182104 (resized).jpg20181113_182104 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#205 5 years ago

How difficult is it to find a NOS translite?

Do they come up for sale?

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

PM sent.

#207 5 years ago

If you dont have a topper....
I have a Who dunnit Slot machine glass in new condition up for grabs. Matches artwork on game.
Pm me if interested.

#208 5 years ago

Also curious if there are any super jackpots to be found in this game?

Couldn't see any in the rules that I just read.

#209 5 years ago

Also curious if there are any super jackpots to be found in this game?

You can build the jackpot to 500M, that's super!
Good Roulette is huge too!
But no Super J's, that I can think of.

#210 5 years ago

Doesn't need any, the entire problem/fun of the game is a million jackpots from start to finish.
Jackpots are great, and getting them for just aboot every shot is nice, but you really have to lock them in at max value or it's almost a waste of time.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

You can build the jackpot to 500M, that's super!
Good Roulette is huge too!
But no Super J's, that I can think of.

Which multiball is that possible and how do you do it?!

#212 5 years ago

This was the very first pin I've ever bought. Man do I miss playing it.

#213 5 years ago

i believe they are available from down under.

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thanks - have noticed the Australian ones but pretty expensive and never seen one in person to know what the quality is like.

2 months later
#215 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thanks - have noticed the Australian ones but pretty expensive and never seen one in person to know what the quality is like.

I have one of these brand new NOS Translights for sale. Got this one from Mr Pinball Australia.
$180 shipped to USA.
Pm me if you would like it.
Thanks
Eric

#216 5 years ago

Newest member here. My WD is in very nice shape cosmetically, but when both flippers are pressed, the power turns of and back on again. Ive heard about the br2, cap 5 solution.

Does anyone have any less difficult tests/fixes i could try?

1 week later
#217 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Newest member here. My WD is in very nice shape cosmetically, but when both flippers are pressed, the power turns of and back on again. Ive heard about the br2, cap 5 solution.

You could try a http://kahr.us/ WPC board.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Go to pinwiki, and read the section on WPC resets. I'd put the link here, but it's blocked at my work.

Don't just start replacing stuff until you actually know what the cause of the issue is.

1 week later
#219 5 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Go to pinwiki, and read the section on WPC resets. I'd put the link here, but it's blocked at my work.
Don't just start replacing stuff until you actually know what the cause of the issue is.

Thank you. I will check it out.

#220 5 years ago

Anybody in Club want to buy a W?D Lasserific topper?
PM me if interested.
Thanks
Eric

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold-Thank you.

#221 5 years ago

I had a Who Dunnit? I really liked the clear audio, it is one of the best for sound. Love the after game music also. I did not like the cabinet art nor the trans light. The game is nice and I would buy another if I found one in great condition. I modded the phone by simply putting in a brighter bulb and some tin foil to reflect the light better.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from jbug:

I had a Who Dunnit? I really liked the clear audio, it is one of the best for sound. Love the after game music also. I did not like the cabinet art nor the trans light. The game is nice and I would buy another if I found one in great condition. I modded the phone by simply putting in a brighter bulb and some tin foil to reflect the light better.

I don't like the cab art or the backglass either. Someone should make an alternate trans for this game!

#223 5 years ago

Could somebody have a look under their playfield and let me know where the red and white wire (you can just see in front of the light board) should go? Can't see for the life of me but it can't be far! Thank you.

20190222_175848 (resized).jpg20190222_175848 (resized).jpg
#224 5 years ago

This should be it . I’m going off photos on my phone though .

BD09C560-4DD1-419B-95B8-EFDF8353691F (resized).jpegBD09C560-4DD1-419B-95B8-EFDF8353691F (resized).jpeg
#225 5 years ago

Thank you, it looks like its come off the auto launch flasher

20190226_172534 (resized).jpg20190226_172534 (resized).jpg

#226 5 years ago

That’s what I thought too .

#227 5 years ago

Just upgraded my WD to a way nicer pin that I got from another pinsider. Only issue is that the head decals are missing, it is all black. Does anyone know why Bally would have sold them that way? Have seen the same on other pins in the past.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Just upgraded my WD to a way nicer pin that I got from another pinsider. Only issue is that the head decals are missing, it is all black. Does anyone know why Bally would have sold them that way? Have seen the same on other pins in the past.

I have never seen this! are you sure its factory?

#229 5 years ago

I have a Brand New W?D Translite if anyone is interested. Its Flawless and has been stored flat for almost 2 years. $175 shipped.
Pm me if interested.
Thanks
Eric

Added over 5 years ago:

$145 shipped!

#230 5 years ago

I have a bunch of W?D parts for sale.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Bally Who Dunnit Parts left over from restore. Only few pics here in ad. Pm me if you need more. Price Listed is for all parts Bulk ship depending on location. Price includes check...”
2019-03-05
Anaheim, CA
500 (Firm)
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 224 times

#231 5 years ago

No one wants a great main big ramp is awesome condition???
Easily a 8+++ /10!
$200 shipped.

2 weeks later
#232 5 years ago

Joining the club! Just picked mine up over the weekend and the family is loving it. Whenever I call, I hear it on! Great addition to the game room! Can't wait to read through this post!

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I have never seen this! are you sure its factory?

Yes it is. It is a prototype game. Red boards and all. It is serial number 40.

3 weeks later
#235 4 years ago

Listed a Bunch of W?D parts yesterday.
Get them all cheaper than Marco's or Bay Area with Free Shipping.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Who Dunnit Large Ramp. Ramp with Train Tracks that enters up right lift ramp, drops at center, and returns to left lane. Used condition, Good to Fair condition with no major breaks...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 456 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New Lower Price! Brand New, Never touched. Been out of tube twice for photos only. Purchased from Mr Pinball Australia. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment detail...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 57 days
Viewed: 143 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Stepper Motor Control Circuit Board for the Slot Reels under Playfield. Stepper Motor Part PCB #A-19043-1. Bally WHO DUNNIT Stepper motor hi current driver board. Brand ...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 125 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Game Rom for CPU Socket U6. Latest, most up to date version, L-1.2 R. Brand New Never Installed, protective case for shipment. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me f...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Viewed: 45 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit 3 piece slot reel decals. Brand New never installed, OEM slot reel decals, not reproductions, originals. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Pa...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
35 (OBO)
Viewed: 101 times

#236 4 years ago

Listed a Bunch of W?D parts yesterday.
Get them all cheaper than Marco's or Bay Area with Free Shipping.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Brand New 4 Piece Lot for Who Dunnit. -Sling Shot plastics-protective film still on both sides, 2 pc L & R. -$15 -Right lower lane guide with magnifying glass-protective film s...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Viewed: 165 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Brand New, never installed 3 bank target guide and carrier. Fits a few different games. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchase only. Free Sh...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 39 times
Contributed to Pinside

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit (W?D)Decals-Backboard and 2(L&R) upper ramps in back. Brand New NOS~reflections in photo's are not wrinkles. Will install flat and clean. Sold game, listing many W?...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 34 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Playfield plastics- Black Phone playfield toy and Round number rotary dial plastic/w protective coating. Brand New Never Installed NOS. Sold game, listing many W?D part...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 21 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit (W?D) Roulette Wheel Playfield Plastic. Brand New, Never Installed ~ NOS. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchase only. Free Shipping.”
2020-11-01
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 268 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Playfield Spotlight Sockets. 4 Bayonet base, Brand New~NOS. Used on Who Dunnit or many others. Light that dark spot on Game! Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment de...”
2019-06-04
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 28 times

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Who Dunnit Elevator Ramp Decal. This is the decal is for center field ramp Scoop. Brand new with protective coating on both sides~NOS Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for p...”
2019-07-17
Anaheim, CA
Viewed: 57 times

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “WHO DUNNIT Brand New OEM, Original Factory Playfield Slot Window with Decal applied. VERY CLEAN, no scratches or shelf wear. Been wrapped in brown paper you see in pics for 2 decad...”
2019-04-23
Anaheim, CA
45 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 25 times

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Yes it is. It is a prototype game. Red boards and all. It is serial number 40

Awesome, that's my new thing I have learnt today

#238 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me the length & size of the hex post holding the spot? Also, is there supposed to be a hex post holding the right ramp to the sling?

Thanks.

WD (resized).jpgWD (resized).jpg
1 week later
#239 4 years ago

Does someone have the complete reel wheel assembly under the playfield for sale? I have an address in the us to ship to and one in Europe. I need this to repair a run down machine at a bar in my hometown. If you can help, please pm.

#240 4 years ago

Joining the club. Picked up a decent copy of the game. Excited to get into it a little more.

That being said I think the previous owner tried to flam polish the Roulette exit ramp as mine is warped quite a bit.

Anyone happen to have a clean extra or NOS roulette exit ramp or know where I can get one?

Cheers!

#241 4 years ago

Make offers and combo deals for all Who Dunnit ads.
Thanks

#242 4 years ago

Can someone please send me a photo of the underside of the RED and BLACK targets? Im specifically interested in the exact wiring and the location and orientation of the diodes.

My targets are totally shot, partially disconnected and i need to replace them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 week later
#243 4 years ago

Hi Club!

Some months ago a pair of user asked me about design some quality cards for "Who Dunnit Pinball". I don´t remember these users, maybe one of them was "Ericpinballfan"? I don´t know.

Well, I like these cards will be my next project. Are there interested people? I will spend new two weeks in them (Yes, my cards are hard worked! ).

Regards

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Hi Club!
Some months ago a pair of user asked me about design some quality cards for "Who Dunnit Pinball". I don´t remember these users, maybe one of them was "Ericpinballfan"? I don´t know.
Well, I like these cards will be my next project. Are there interested people? I will spend new two weeks in them (Yes, my cards are hard worked! ).
Regards

I will take one. )

1 week later
#245 4 years ago

Hi bladerunner!

I´m very, very happy with rules card. You will love it! It si very very professional!

I will upload tomorrow!

I´m working in a Free Play card too!

Regards

#246 4 years ago
#247 4 years ago

Liking that. Can't see the photos on a full size screen at the moment but looks good

#248 4 years ago

Happy to have joined the club recently. I hadn't played Who Dunnit before I bought one so I'm pleased to be enjoying it.

One thing has been bothering me about the game that someone might be able to suggest a solution for.

The way the Nudge Slots has been programmed seems to have a big flaw if the slot reels are already showing a 2 or 3 match before shooting a ball in there. This isn't typically too bad except when multi-ball and extra-ball awards are present.

I was playing today and I got a EB-WILD-EB match from a Spin shot. Afterward I shoot Nudge Slots and get an EB. Then again and I get another EB. And again another EB. I got four EBs in a row! All of them were 'Second Chance' matches but they're so easy to hit that they're basically guaranteed.

Needless to say I got my GC score from having so many extra balls but I don't feel like I deserved it at all.

Now, I know I could dial back the maximum allowed EBs, but I feel like any I earn from collecting all clues are ones I should get to have. I just don't think it's fair to for the game to make it so likely for Nudge Slots to award what is currently showing on the reels when shooting in there. I'd prefer they spun randomly as soon as the rollover is shot so that when the ball hits the first bumper it's starting from a random position rather than a pre-matched position.

#249 4 years ago

I have set my machine so you can only get 2 extra balls. There aren't many game specific settings compared to most games but you have to make them all harder than the factory settings to get the most out of W?D

#250 4 years ago

How many folks have successful caught the murderer for all the cases in one game? The closest I have gotten is 4.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case/page/5?hl=fatcake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.