(Topic ID: 114575)

WHO dunnit Club - And then I was on the case...

By scylla

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 244 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by bladerunner
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WHO dunnit?”

• Tony 9 votes
    13%
  • Victoria 14 votes
    20%
  • Butler 15 votes
    22%
  • Bruno 7 votes
    10%
  • Trixie 24 votes
    35%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 72 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WD (resized).jpg
20190226_172534 (resized).jpg
BD09C560-4DD1-419B-95B8-EFDF8353691F (resized).jpeg
20190222_175848 (resized).jpg
20181113_182104 (resized).jpg
whodunnit (resized).jpg
Freeplay card (resized).jpg
Cast of characters card.pdf (PDF preview)
img20160830_20521911 (resized).jpg
20180316_202624 (resized).jpg
C5A4E886-17E3-4F54-903A-9D0BDEB20A69 (resized).jpeg
171D4B18-642B-43A4-A332-5ADF778B5D24 (resized).jpeg
DSC03375 (resized).JPG
DSC03374 (resized).JPG
MVIMG_20180212_215304 (resized).jpg
17991D3F-6930-4A41-9D98-BE1AE7446C93 (resized).jpeg

There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 months ago
Quoted from lowga:

Fuse F116, a slow-blow 3 amp fuse is always blown. Replace it and the game functions normally again for awhile---then several games later, same problem again

I had this message on my machine not long before i sold it but mine wasn't blowing the F116 fuse though and turned out to be a loose wire to the 16 opto board. Your issue is different though and again must be a short somewhere to keep blowing the fuse. Not sure what that might be at the moment, i will need to have a look at a pdf of the manual again and see if i can spot something. I don't have the copy of the manual anymore, went with the machine when i sold it. F116 is effecting the flippers cause none of the opto's are working, pretty sure it is linked to all opto power being 12V secondary.

Edit* Found this and it may help solve your problem https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wd-keeps-blowing-12v-opto-fuse-f116
Eric can also most likely update you better with this issue.
I do have to add that i had several mods on my machine running off J116 and the one next door that also uses the 12V secondary supply. In well over a year i never had an issue from overtaxing the supply BUT having said that it may also depend on how long the machine is turned on for/played also. Perhaps my machine had already had the chips mentioned in the post changed before i got it, can't be sure about that.

2 weeks later
#203 6 months ago

Awesome.
ColorDMD looks Great in this machine.
I was bets testing early on, but have been busy with work past couple months.
Eric P has done an amazing job Again!

1 week later
#204 6 months ago

20181113_182104 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#205 6 months ago

How difficult is it to find a NOS translite?

Do they come up for sale?

#206 6 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

PM sent.

#207 6 months ago

If you dont have a topper....
I have a Who dunnit Slot machine glass in new condition up for grabs. Matches artwork on game.
Pm me if interested.

#208 6 months ago

Also curious if there are any super jackpots to be found in this game?

Couldn't see any in the rules that I just read.

#209 6 months ago

Also curious if there are any super jackpots to be found in this game?

You can build the jackpot to 500M, that's super!
Good Roulette is huge too!
But no Super J's, that I can think of.

#210 6 months ago

Doesn't need any, the entire problem/fun of the game is a million jackpots from start to finish.
Jackpots are great, and getting them for just aboot every shot is nice, but you really have to lock them in at max value or it's almost a waste of time.

#211 6 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

You can build the jackpot to 500M, that's super!
Good Roulette is huge too!
But no Super J's, that I can think of.

Which multiball is that possible and how do you do it?!

#212 6 months ago

This was the very first pin I've ever bought. Man do I miss playing it.

#213 6 months ago

i believe they are available from down under.

#214 6 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thanks - have noticed the Australian ones but pretty expensive and never seen one in person to know what the quality is like.

2 months later
#215 4 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Thanks - have noticed the Australian ones but pretty expensive and never seen one in person to know what the quality is like.

I have one of these brand new NOS Translights for sale. Got this one from Mr Pinball Australia.
$180 shipped to USA.
Pm me if you would like it.
Thanks
Eric

#216 3 months ago

Newest member here. My WD is in very nice shape cosmetically, but when both flippers are pressed, the power turns of and back on again. Ive heard about the br2, cap 5 solution.

Does anyone have any less difficult tests/fixes i could try?

1 week later
#217 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Newest member here. My WD is in very nice shape cosmetically, but when both flippers are pressed, the power turns of and back on again. Ive heard about the br2, cap 5 solution.

You could try a http://kahr.us/ WPC board.

#218 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Go to pinwiki, and read the section on WPC resets. I'd put the link here, but it's blocked at my work.

Don't just start replacing stuff until you actually know what the cause of the issue is.

1 week later
#219 3 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Go to pinwiki, and read the section on WPC resets. I'd put the link here, but it's blocked at my work.
Don't just start replacing stuff until you actually know what the cause of the issue is.

Thank you. I will check it out.

#220 3 months ago

Anybody in Club want to buy a W?D Lasserific topper?
PM me if interested.
Thanks
Eric

Added 91 days ago:

Sold-Thank you.

#221 3 months ago

I had a Who Dunnit? I really liked the clear audio, it is one of the best for sound. Love the after game music also. I did not like the cabinet art nor the trans light. The game is nice and I would buy another if I found one in great condition. I modded the phone by simply putting in a brighter bulb and some tin foil to reflect the light better.

#222 3 months ago
Quoted from jbug:

I had a Who Dunnit? I really liked the clear audio, it is one of the best for sound. Love the after game music also. I did not like the cabinet art nor the trans light. The game is nice and I would buy another if I found one in great condition. I modded the phone by simply putting in a brighter bulb and some tin foil to reflect the light better.

I don't like the cab art or the backglass either. Someone should make an alternate trans for this game!

#223 3 months ago

Could somebody have a look under their playfield and let me know where the red and white wire (you can just see in front of the light board) should go? Can't see for the life of me but it can't be far! Thank you.

20190222_175848 (resized).jpg
#224 89 days ago

This should be it . I’m going off photos on my phone though .

BD09C560-4DD1-419B-95B8-EFDF8353691F (resized).jpeg
#225 89 days ago

Thank you, it looks like its come off the auto launch flasher

20190226_172534 (resized).jpg

#226 87 days ago

That’s what I thought too .

#227 86 days ago

Just upgraded my WD to a way nicer pin that I got from another pinsider. Only issue is that the head decals are missing, it is all black. Does anyone know why Bally would have sold them that way? Have seen the same on other pins in the past.

#228 86 days ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Just upgraded my WD to a way nicer pin that I got from another pinsider. Only issue is that the head decals are missing, it is all black. Does anyone know why Bally would have sold them that way? Have seen the same on other pins in the past.

I have never seen this! are you sure its factory?

#229 83 days ago

I have a Brand New W?D Translite if anyone is interested. Its Flawless and has been stored flat for almost 2 years. $175 shipped.
Pm me if interested.
Thanks
Eric

Added 79 days ago:

$145 shipped!

#230 82 days ago

I have a bunch of W?D parts for sale.

Archived after 24 days
Not sold
Parts - For Sale
New “Bally Who Dunnit Parts left over from restore. Only few pics here in ad. Pm me if you need more. Price Listed is for all parts Bulk ship depending on location. Price includes check...”
2019-03-05
Anaheim, CA
500 (Firm)

#231 78 days ago

No one wants a great main big ramp is awesome condition???
Easily a 8+++ /10!
$200 shipped.

2 weeks later
#232 61 days ago

Joining the club! Just picked mine up over the weekend and the family is loving it. Whenever I call, I hear it on! Great addition to the game room! Can't wait to read through this post!

#233 61 days ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I have never seen this! are you sure its factory?

Yes it is. It is a prototype game. Red boards and all. It is serial number 40.

3 weeks later
#235 32 days ago

Listed a Bunch of W?D parts yesterday.
Get them all cheaper than Marco's or Bay Area with Free Shipping.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Who Dunnit Large Ramp. Ramp with Train Tracks that enters up right lift ramp, drops at center, and returns to left lane. Used condition, Good to Fair condition with no major breaks...”
32 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Brand New, Never touched. Been out of tube twice for photos only. Purchased from Mr Pinball Australia. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchas...”
33 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Who Dunnit Stepper Motor Control Circuit Board for the Slot Reels under Playfield. Stepper Motor Part PCB #A-19745-1. Brand New, NOS. Upgraded with surface mounted socket for Chip ...”
32 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Who Dunnit Game Rom for CPU Socket U6. Latest, most up to date version, L-1.2 R. Brand New Never Installed, protective case for shipment. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me f...”
32 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Who Dunnit 3 piece slot reel decals. Brand New never installed, OEM slot reel decals, not reproductions, originals. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Pa...”
33 days ago
Anaheim, CA

#236 32 days ago

Listed a Bunch of W?D parts yesterday.
Get them all cheaper than Marco's or Bay Area with Free Shipping.

Parts - For Sale
New “Brand New 4 Piece Lot for Who Dunnit. -Sling Shot plastics-protective film still on both sides, 2 pc L & R. -$15 -Right lower lane guide with magnifying glass-protective film s...”
33 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Brand New, never installed 3 bank target guide and carrier. Fits a few different games. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchase only. Free Sh...”
33 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Who Dunnit (W?D)Decals-Backboard and 2(L&R) upper ramps in back. Brand New NOS~reflections in photo's are not wrinkles. Will install flat and clean. Sold game, listing many W?...”
33 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Who Dunnit Playfield plastics- Black Phone playfield toy and Round number rotary dial plastic/w protective coating. Brand New Never Installed NOS. Sold game, listing many W?D part...”
33 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Who Dunnit (W?D) Roulette Wheel Playfield Plastic. Brand New, Never Installed ~ NOS. Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment details. Paypal purchase only. Free Shippi...”
33 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Playfield Spotlight Sockets. 4 Bayonet base, Brand New~NOS. Used on Who Dunnit or many others. Light that dark spot on Game! Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for payment de...”
32 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Parts - For Sale
New “Who Dunnit Elevator Ramp Decal. This is the decal is for center field ramp Scoop. Brand new with protective coating on both sides~NOS Sold game, listing many W?D parts. Pm me for p...”
32 days ago
Anaheim, CA

Archived after 2 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Parts - For Sale
New “WHO DUNNIT Brand New OEM, Original Factory Playfield Slot Window with Decal applied. VERY CLEAN, no scratches or shelf wear. Been wrapped in brown paper you see in pics for 2 decad...”
2019-04-23
Anaheim, CA
45 (Firm)

#237 32 days ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Yes it is. It is a prototype game. Red boards and all. It is serial number 40

Awesome, that's my new thing I have learnt today

#238 31 days ago

Can anyone tell me the length & size of the hex post holding the spot? Also, is there supposed to be a hex post holding the right ramp to the sling?

Thanks.

WD (resized).jpg
1 week later
#239 19 days ago

Does someone have the complete reel wheel assembly under the playfield for sale? I have an address in the us to ship to and one in Europe. I need this to repair a run down machine at a bar in my hometown. If you can help, please pm.

#240 18 days ago

Joining the club. Picked up a decent copy of the game. Excited to get into it a little more.

That being said I think the previous owner tried to flam polish the Roulette exit ramp as mine is warped quite a bit.

Anyone happen to have a clean extra or NOS roulette exit ramp or know where I can get one?

Cheers!

#241 14 days ago

Make offers and combo deals for all Who Dunnit ads.
Thanks

#242 10 days ago

Can someone please send me a photo of the underside of the RED and BLACK targets? Im specifically interested in the exact wiring and the location and orientation of the diodes.

My targets are totally shot, partially disconnected and i need to replace them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 week later
#243 2 days ago

Hi Club!

Some months ago a pair of user asked me about design some quality cards for "Who Dunnit Pinball". I don´t remember these users, maybe one of them was "Ericpinballfan"? I don´t know.

Well, I like these cards will be my next project. Are there interested people? I will spend new two weeks in them (Yes, my cards are hard worked! ).

Regards

#244 2 days ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Hi Club!
Some months ago a pair of user asked me about design some quality cards for "Who Dunnit Pinball". I don´t remember these users, maybe one of them was "Ericpinballfan"? I don´t know.
Well, I like these cards will be my next project. Are there interested people? I will spend new two weeks in them (Yes, my cards are hard worked! ).
Regards

I will take one. )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
$ 399.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 26.50
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fairbank, IA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 244 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside