(Topic ID: 114575)

WHO dunnit Club - And then I was on the case...

By scylla

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 916 posts
  • 140 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by matt_adams
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WHO dunnit?”

• Tony 18 votes
    15%
  • Victoria 19 votes
    16%
  • Butler 29 votes
    24%
  • Bruno 12 votes
    10%
  • Trixie 42 votes
    35%

(120 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

burned_J120 (resized).jpg
who dunnit boards (resized).jpg
49E31E8B-B68A-4E92-907E-0C5563BB7184 (resized).jpeg
3FC3CDE9-B158-4C11-AFC3-FAB6DEE6CBF0 (resized).jpeg
B8674D7B-FA6C-453C-A089-6C4686FB0069 (resized).jpeg
CA145902-7A85-46DA-B338-A37ACFEBE90D (resized).jpeg
7B20F49E-B168-42CC-8F68-7E2AC09B6843 (resized).jpeg
7E4337B0-4C02-4619-A606-BD7AC547707C (resized).jpeg
Who Dunnit #1 (resized).jpg
20220421_094940 (resized).jpg
20220419_195732 (resized).jpg
20220419_200607 (resized).jpg
20220413_224714 (resized).jpg
chip socket row.jpg
whodunnit_stepper_motor_boards (resized).jpg
20220409_160246 (resized).jpg

There are 916 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.
#901 49 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I’m back in the club and it’s an awesome restoration. Arrived here last week. Had a couple of issues but my tech had it sorted in about an hour. It’s slowly coming back to me what I have to do. Haven’t had one of these for about 10 years. Great fun game! Happy flipping all.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great with all the chrome!

#902 49 days ago

Yeah I’ve always loved the chrome look. Tempted to take it further with a chrome coin door!

#903 48 days ago

That looks amazing!

#904 48 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Yeah I’ve always loved the chrome look. Tempted to take it further with a chrome coin door!

What a beauty! Be proud for that restoration!

#905 48 days ago
Quoted from Uffe88:

What a beauty! Be proud for that restoration!

It’s HEPs so yes I am.

#906 46 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I’m back in the club and it’s an awesome restoration. Arrived here last week. Had a couple of issues but my tech had it sorted in about an hour. It’s slowly coming back to me what I have to do. Haven’t had one of these for about 10 years. Great fun game! Happy flipping all.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great looking game!
Nice topper! Where is it from?

#907 41 days ago

Having some issues with my Who Dunnit. Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-switch-help

#908 40 days ago
Quoted from Watkinsd13:

That looks great with all

Great looking game!
Nice topper! Where is it from?

Topper was from laserrific now owned by Cointaker.

https://laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers/products/who-dunnit

2 weeks later
#909 20 days ago

Aww man, I moved my who dunnit from my shop to my home basement. After setting it back up it seems to play fine but all of the GI is out. I see its on 2 fuses and they both look good. After looking through the boards I noticed this plug (circled in pink) is not plugged in but it doesnt seem to have anything to do with the GI. Any thought or suggestions? Anyone know what that plug is to? Thanks!

who dunnit boards (resized).jpg
#910 20 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Aww man, I moved my who dunnit from my shop to my home basement. After setting it back up it seems to play fine but all of the GI is out. I see its on 2 fuses and they both look good. After looking through the boards I noticed this plug (circled in pink) is not plugged in but it doesnt seem to have anything to do with the GI. Any thought or suggestions? Anyone know what that plug is to? Thanks!
[quoted image]

My suggestion is to follow the plug pretty sure that is your dmd power, I guess you have a color dmd plugged in so thats not needed?

I see one other plug pulled at the bottom of the screen, where does that lead?

If all of the GI at once I definitely suspect plug out or fuse - check and double check those. Just because a fuse looks okay doesnt mean it isnt blown

#911 20 days ago

Thanks yes I do have a color dmd and thought that was the lower one hanging there. With both legs of the GI out I would be surprised if its fuses. Everything worked before the move and I did check the 2 fuses but I will check that plug and fuses again. Thanks!

#912 20 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

Your problem is most-likely J120 with that okie-joe fix to the left side of it (where the red arrow is pointing) and the obviously burned header block.

The header block needs to be replaced and the wires need to be moved to a brand new connector to really fix the problem. You should be able to get everything you need (assuming you already have a soldering iron) from Ed at Great Plains Electronics. But if you fiddle with what's there and scrape the header pins you might be able to get enough continuity to get it going again.

burned_J120 (resized).jpg

#913 20 days ago

Thanks Pinmonk. First thing after work I'll be fiddling!

#914 19 days ago

Okie-joe…….

1 week later
#915 9 days ago

Hi club!

Do you know if its possible to make it harder to get Extra ball, when the ball is bouncing between the bumpers and triggers/change the slots?

#916 8 days ago

Just set the maximum amount of extra balls per game to say 2 that way any that are won after that are awarded as points, l think

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 916 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!