(Topic ID: 114575)

WHO dunnit Club - And then I was on the case...

By scylla

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,122 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by daakrolb
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“WHO dunnit?”

• Tony 21 votes
    16%
  • Victoria 23 votes
    17%
  • Butler 31 votes
    23%
  • Bruno 15 votes
    11%
  • Trixie 45 votes
    33%

(135 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27001d1c-e381-495f-86e7-f46eabaa2422 (resized).jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-29 um 12.48.35 (resized).png
lift ramps (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7876877_7 (resized).jpg
IMG_8253 (resized).JPG
IMG_8100 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240321_180545638 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180539723 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_171323528 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180559595 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_180552410 (resized).jpg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpg
PXL_20231223_225004619 (resized).jpg
IMG_4942 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4941 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4908 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.
#601 2 years ago

You are correct on the order from left to right, 3-1-2

The bit is SAE 1/16

I have an older kit from harbor freight that has the bit and even though it is not listed I think it is in this set.
https://www.harborfreight.com/security-bit-set-with-case-100-pc-68457.html

But again you can use the small torx as you do not want to torque down anyway or will crack the 'end'.

If it already cracked I have a set of 'covers' for the ends that stop the expansion and allow you to use the wheel without having to buy new ones.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from abjr:

You are correct on the order from left to right, 3-1-2
The bit is SAE 1/16
I have an older kit from harbor freight that has the bit and even though it is not listed I think it is in this set.
https://www.harborfreight.com/security-bit-set-with-case-100-pc-68457.html
But again you can use the small torx as you do not want to torque down anyway or will crack the 'end'.
If it already cracked I have a set of 'covers' for the ends that stop the expansion and allow you to use the wheel without having to buy new ones.

Not sure if this will help with your Who Dunnit issue but thought it was interesting. Jump to about 6 minutes in to the slot machine reels part if you want.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Not sure if this will help with your Who Dunnit issue but thought it was interesting. Jump to about 6 minutes in to the slot machine reels part if you want.

Thanks. Did you fix yours yet? The project wasn't so bad. Maybe an hour of time. More annoying than difficult. You can see the one on the right had a full coating of metal shavings on it. Had to dig them out. Can compressed air helped but was weak. Probably better with a compressor.

Just waiting for a part for my flippers and time to actually play this thing.

20210921_085409 (resized).jpg20210921_085409 (resized).jpg
#604 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Thanks. Did you fix yours yet? The project wasn't so bad. Maybe an hour of time. More annoying than difficult. You can see the one on the right had a full coating of metal shavings on it. Had to dig them out. Can compressed air helped but was weak. Probably better with a compressor.

Yeah, I actually used an air compressor on the ones I did. A few blasts (outside) and they were spotless. Canned air would still work, but it would take longer since the pressure's not as great. Digging the particles out with a toothpick is not recommended. They're just too clingy.

Did you flatten your shaft ends yet?

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I actually used an air compressor on the ones I did. A few blasts (outside) and they were spotless. Canned air would still work, but it would take longer since the pressure's not as great. Digging the particles out with a toothpick is not recommended. They're just too clingy.
Did you flatten your shaft ends yet?

I did flatten the shaft ends. I used a dremel because that's what I had, but I imagine a bench grinder would have worked better. The canned air wasn't budging the metal shavings, so I had to kind of break them up with the toothpick, then blew them out with the air.

Tested the reels and they seem to be working fine. Spin well, optos are reading. I don't have flippers on the machine now, waiting for a bracket to come in, but once I get that I'll test them in gameplay. Thanks for all the tips.

#606 2 years ago

Can someone post a pic or let me know if they have bare posts between the inlane and top of sling? Normally you see the post with rubber circle for ball to hit and bounce off etc. Or I'd think at least a post sleeve. Just picked one up a few weeks ago cleaned it up nice but just noticed that mine is a metal post nothing on it? Thanks!

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Can someone post a pic or let me know if they have bare posts between the inlane and top of sling? Normally you see the post with rubber circle for ball to hit and bounce off etc. Or I'd think at least a post sleeve. Just picked one up a few weeks ago cleaned it up nice but just noticed that mine is a metal post nothing on it? Thanks!

The manual doesn't list a post sleeve or rubber, and mine didn't have one, but I put a sleeve. I haven't played it like that yet to see ill how it plays though.

20210924_102714 (resized).jpg20210924_102714 (resized).jpg
#608 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

The metal post is there to stop the top of the inlane guide plastic from being broken by the ball over time. No rubber. If you add rubber it makes the game too easy.

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The metal post is there to stop the top of the inlane guide plastic from being broken by the ball over time. No rubber. If you add rubber it makes the game too easy.

Ok thanks to both of you for the help! I just thought it was odd as metal only but if that's the design I'll roll with it!

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Ok thanks to both of you for the help! I just thought it was odd as metal only but if that's the design I'll roll with it!

After falling out of fashion for a bit, it's become a much more common design element again with many of the recent Sterns.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I had the same thought and added one, but instead of easier I thought it made it harder. Now maybe because I'm just not a good player, but it seemed like the inlane was tighter and had more drains down the outlane. So I removed it.

#612 2 years ago

Today I join this club. A couple playfield switches are out. The battery holder looks rough, and the DMD outer layer plastic is separating. Cant wait to get into this some more and discover this game for the first time.

20210927_222243 (resized).jpg20210927_222243 (resized).jpg20210927_222344 (resized).jpg20210927_222344 (resized).jpg20210927_225843 (resized).jpg20210927_225843 (resized).jpgreceived_466217587768317 (resized).jpegreceived_466217587768317 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#613 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

No one is remaking them yet. You can flame polish them but it’s an art. If you get it wrong you will have a melted mess!

I read (possibly early in this thread) that you can't flame polish Who Dunnit? ramps as they are a different plastic and they bubble and turn to mess.

I'd like to know if someone had success.

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Which multiball is that possible and how do you do it?!

I know your post was a long time ago (2 years) but I've only just seen it and didn't see anyone else answer.

To get a 500,000k jackpot it's a combination of things and is within the jackpot you get from going to the basement.

The jackpot starts at 75,000k (from memory) and during multiball, each hit of the pop bumper raises the jackpot by 1,000. If however, you collect the revolver before you start multiball, each pop bumper hit increases the jackpot by 5,000k. The jackpot stays throughout the game and you can continue to build on it in each basement multiball.

My method is during multiball, if the ball is on my right flipper, it hit it up the loop to the pop bumpers, if it's on the left flipper, I hit it up the roulette to claim a jackpot. This way I am building the jackpot while taking some points along the way.

#615 2 years ago
Quoted from JustAnotherRat:

I read (possibly early in this thread) that you can't flame polish Who Dunnit? ramps as they are a different plastic and they bubble and turn to mess.
I'd like to know if someone had success.

Apparently Planetary Pinball is doing the Whodunnit ramps, so there's hope soon!

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Apparently Planetary Pinball is doing the Whodunnit ramps, so there's hope soon!

All of the ramps or just the elevator ones?

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

All of the ramps or just the elevator ones?

I think just the main elevator one, but not 100% sure.

#618 2 years ago

I'm guessing that if that's true it would mainly relate to the center elevator ramp as that particular one is an extruded piece not a molded one like the others. Again it's kind of a guess but i think the type of plastic used in extrusion has different qualities to the molded type.

#619 2 years ago

The plastic scoop that gets the ball to the elevator ramp seems to be made of the same plastic and needs to be redone too

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

The plastic scoop that gets the ball to the elevator ramp seems to be made of the same plastic and needs to be redone too

I think the U-turn plastic is polycarbonate, which is why it can't be flame polished. I doubt Planetary Pinball is doing that one, but they could surprise us!

1 week later
#621 2 years ago

Coming Very soon ... we will have a very small number this week ...

Planetary Pinball

03-9411 (resized).jpg03-9411 (resized).jpg

#622 2 years ago

Looks great

#623 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Looks like Xmas came early this year!
These look great. So glad they are finally able to be reproduced!

#624 2 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Looks like Xmas came early this year!
These look great. So glad they are finally able to be reproduced!

Will the circled areas in these pictures be included in the new ramps?

Screenshot_20211019-151207_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-151207_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-151223_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211019-151223_Chrome (resized).jpg
#625 2 years ago

We are running the Center Ramp only - which is injection molded 03-9411 ... which makes up Center Ramp Assy A-20426

The other ramp would be vac-formed which are A-20421 (03-9407 is the ramp) Right Ramp Assy and A-20420 (03-9406) Main Ramp Assy - These we are not making ... request to Larry at Starship Factory or other ramp mfg's for those two.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Will the circled areas in these pictures be included in the new ramps? [quoted image][quoted image]

The top picture is a separate ramp, not the elevator ramp no?

I had decent results using acrylic glue for that piece

20210917_095312 (resized).jpg20210917_095312 (resized).jpg
#627 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Planetary Pinball
[quoted image]

When can we order and can I get it shipped to Australia?

#628 2 years ago

The bottom picture is of the ramp we are doing and yes it would have the mounting tab (pic attached).

The top picture is normally would have the two tabs (cad extract attached).

03-9406 (resized).jpg03-9406 (resized).jpg03-9411TAB (resized).jpg03-9411TAB (resized).jpg
#629 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

When can we order and can I get it shipped to Australia?

Getting small amount this week, and then larger batch ... hopefully 30 days, but could be longer, probably not shorter ...

#630 2 years ago

Can’t wait. Need new ramps like crazy. Will you post on your website before here?

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We are running the Center Ramp only (which is injection molded 03-9411) which makes up Center Ramp Assy A-20426.

I knew the center ramp section was injection molded (and not vacuum formed).
Which means the cost will be affected by how many you have run while the mold is set, and I see no price shown yet.
WHOdunnit spares (resized).jpgWHOdunnit spares (resized).jpg

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Planetary Pinball
[quoted image]

Awesome. Can’t wait. Another keen Aussie!

#633 2 years ago

Interested as well, from Belgium !
price including shipping...?

#634 2 years ago

is it safe to assume there isn't a waitlist or a notification list i should try to get on for these ramps?

#635 2 years ago

The ramps are hung up in shipping ... as soon as I get some here, then they will go up on the site and then yes, a waitlist will work. Shipping anything anywhere is getting to be a worse problem than we've ever seen ...

#636 2 years ago

I would love to get on the waitlist for these ramps too. W?D is my first pin and one I don't see me every getting rid of because I love it!

#637 2 years ago

All ... a small number of ramps are here and more will be on their way ... shipping is expensive and long delays ...

Here is what we have - a package of the Ramp, the Decal, and the Small Triangular Piece

We will soon get the items on the store (www.planetarypinball.com) which those will sell out, but then you can add to the wait list for the item and then when they arrive there should be plenty ... for awhile.

Thanks for hanging in there, it has been a long time for these ...

Team PPS

WD-DECAL (resized).jpgWD-DECAL (resized).jpgWD-RAMP1 (resized).jpgWD-RAMP1 (resized).jpgWD-RAMP2 (resized).jpgWD-RAMP2 (resized).jpg
#638 2 years ago

Can you please put me on the waiting list for one?

#639 2 years ago

Is it possible to turn off the Extra Ball (buy-in) feature? I searched through the menu but couldn't find it.

#640 2 years ago

Is it possible to turn off the Extra Ball (buy-in) feature? I searched through the menu but couldn't find it.

It's under "Feature Adjustments" on the adjustments menu. First one "Buy Extra Ball - Buy In Feature"

Change it from 1 Credit to Off.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's under "Feature Adjustments" on the adjustments menu. First one "Buy Extra Ball - Buy In Feature"
Change it from 1 Credit to Off.

Awesome. Thanks.

#642 2 years ago

A Small number of the final versions have come in, here is how it looks on the game

WhoDunnitRampExample01 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample01 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample02 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample02 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample03 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample03 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample04 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample04 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample05 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample05 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample06 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample06 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample07 (resized).jpgWhoDunnitRampExample07 (resized).jpg
#643 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

A Small number of the final versions have come in, here is how it looks on the game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn beautiful!

#644 2 years ago

stunning!

1 week later
#645 2 years ago

PPS Do you have a link? I have searched under Who Dunnit and don't see the ramps. thanks

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from micmse:

PPS Do you have a link? I have searched under Who Dunnit and don't see the ramps. thanks

I’ve checked their website everyday for the past week and haven’t seen it yet. Maybe the first lot were presold or reserved.

#647 2 years ago

I’ve been checking everyday for a while now too.

Anybody try that motorized roulette wheel?

#648 2 years ago

Posted on other thread but looks like this is the official one. So yeah would love a new ramp that's so clean. Here's my color dmd I put in last night. Love it!

20211119_192242 (resized).jpg20211119_192242 (resized).jpg
#649 2 years ago

Sounds like there are several of us stalking the site

#650 2 years ago

Slot reel issues.

Had one reel not being in sync with display.

Took it off and did a motor test. All 3 wheels spins in test mode and left and middle keeps on spinning till I press stop. The right, issue one, stops automatically after 5 seconds...

I unmounted motor and checked for dirt, nothing there all clean.

I changed the power cable (4 pins plug with also 2 blue cables) from left to right wheel. Now it's the left wheel that stops after 5 second !!

Something must cut off power to this plug after 5 sec....??

Thx for suggestions...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-club-and-then-i-was-on-the-case/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.