Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by VegasMike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Looking for suggestions. When the taxi shot is lit and the ramp flips up, the ball almost always hits the flexible lip of the pop up ramp when making the shot with the left flipper. Anyone else have this issue?

- Is there anyway to adjust the ramp so it pops up higher? It appears to be at it's highest already.

- Or is there a way to bend up (without breaking) that flexible lip of the pop up ramp to make the shit?

- Or is the left flipper hitting the ball too hard and I need to adjust that.

If I manually roll the ball. It does barely fit. It seems that a shot from the flipper must raise it slightly off of the playfield.

Thanks for the help!!!

#2 9 years ago

There's probably some wear on the the lift linkage . I had a similar problem and was lucky enough to find a nos assembly at a show .marco has them listed on there web site but they were put of stock

#3 9 years ago

Do you have the part number or link to the product page on marco? Thanks!

#4 9 years ago

If I cannot find them is there any way to adjust that arm so it raises higher? The ramp does raise high enough for the ball to enter and exit. I can actually make the shot fine with the right flipper. That is why I am wondering if I can adjust the arm on the ramp or if left flipper needs some adjusting. Maybe left flipper is scooping the ball and making it leave the playfield as if the ball is rolling it should make it under lift ramp (barely).

#5 9 years ago

Part is a-16248 also used on Bram Stokers Dracula it looks like there still out of stock . If you make changes that raises the ramp higher when its open then it wont close all the way when down and you'll get air balls .Maybe look a placement of flipper rubber also possible wear on flipper bushing ?

3 months later
#6 9 years ago

I just picked up a W?D last month and have noticed the ball flies a lot as it travels over the clear plexiglas slot machine window. If there is a ridge or lip between the playfield and plexiglass then the ball will hit the lip and skip a bit, causing unpredictability when the ball hits the ramp (or, in my case, goes into the phone or 'Red' roulette switch).

Check to see if the transition on/off the slot plexiglass is smooth. If not, then the ball may skip and not clear the ramp opening.

*I haven't found a solution - I hope to address it once I break it down to change out the rings and wax the playfield.

/First Post!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-ball-hits-right-pop-up-ramp-lip-on-taxi-loop-around and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.