Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PBatt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys i have an issue where the 3 bank stops too high up on the playfield when in the down position. Around 10mm too high. The switches for the high and low have no adjustment. and the motor has a flat edge on the shaft so the grub screw can only lock it in one position. What is it that i am not seeing that will help it's final resting place be flush with the playfield.

Thanks in advance

#2 5 years ago

There is a rom that fixes this problem. I had someone years ago burn it for me and it never was a problem again... it is a fairly well known problem.

#3 5 years ago

I'm running 1.2?

#4 5 years ago

My apologies, I remember having this fixed with a collector in Chicago years ago. He had a rom that fixed this issue and the elevator typo that fixes your wrong floor. Its been so long since I owned the game, I'll try to google it for you. This guy burned the rom for me in his basement. Now that I think about it, he may have made the fix himself...

Lemme see if I can find it. It's not an official rom fix.

#5 5 years ago

I'll PM you

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from crypto4:

Hey guys i have an issue where the 3 bank stops too high up on the playfield when in the down position. Around 10mm too high. The switches for the high and low have no adjustment. and the motor has a flat edge on the shaft so the grub screw can only lock it in one position. What is it that i am not seeing that will help it's final resting place be flush with the playfield.
Thanks in advance

I am running 1.2 and do not have that issue. The 3 bank is a "cam" set up. It rises and lowers as the motor turns. The 3 bank should stop at the pre-prescribed height. I don't know if its an opto (probably not) or a switch. I suspect the switch is out of alignment or the opto is. Try cycling it with the test settings. Elevate the table an look to see what it is doing. Most likely loose or broken component.

Hold off on the ROM until you have done this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-dunnit-3-bank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.