5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spraynard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_2090.jpg
    003.JPG
    pins1.jpg
    2009 Rav4 Limited.jpg
    IMG_1146.JPG
    P6300031.JPG
    image-939.jpg
    image-63.jpg
    image.jpg
    DSCN0312.jpg
    DSCN0700.JPG
    image-97.jpg
    image-38.jpg
    image-880.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-386.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Hunting very actively for a new pin hauler. But also considering taking my current one and parking it in the driveway and getting a nice little commuter car.

Just wondering who does what...

(note my current hauler is a land rover with 110k miles on it. I drive daily into New York City. Costing me $15 daily in gas plus upcharge for parking an oversize)

#2 5 years ago

That's me...

#3 5 years ago

I drive my Honda CRV every day. 25mpg, and fits 1 pin nicely.

#4 5 years ago

We don't drive it daily (wife and I car pool and work at that same site but different buildings) and instead run one of our commuter cars. The pin hauler stays home only getting 2-5000 a year. But our pin hauler is our 4wd, horse trailer hauler, car hauler, house remodel hauler so it gets a work out but without the mileage. It's nice to to tell people at the pump when your filling a 36 gallon tank with 93 (tuned) when they ask, "What kinda mileage so you get with that?" and you can tell them you didn't buy it for mileage.
    image-880.jpg
    image-38.jpg
    image-97.jpg

#5 5 years ago

moi. beater Tundra, don't recommend due to horrible mpg

#6 5 years ago

I drive my full size Chevy pickup daily. I kind of need a hauler for work, since we do our own survey fieldwork. I often have to move around quite a bit of equipment.
    Every time I need to move a pin, I end up cleaning out the back of the truck first.

#7 5 years ago

Yeah I drive my "pain hauler" everyday.

#8 5 years ago

I keep a 2009 Ford F-250 Diesel with a liftgate and tie down bars on it. 287,000 miles and runs good. Can carry a few pins and videos at the same time. I got it for next to nothing and brought if to the local Ford dealer to have him go over everything. $7,200. later I have a great truck that I rarely use.

#9 5 years ago

I'm rollin in my '97 QX4 every day. Bad mpg for the power that it has. Comfortable though and has a nice stereo.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Yeah I drive my "pain hauler" everyday.

You're lucky....mine only let's me drive her two maybe three times a week...and only when the kids aren't home

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

I drive my Honda CRV every day. 25mpg, and fits 1 pin nicely.

I loved my CRV. We had to upgrade to a Pilot recently, the family grew a little. The pilot is a little piggy on gas though, not like my CRV. I have yet to haul a pin in the pilot.

#12 5 years ago

really a 5x8 enclosed trailer and a capable crossover is all you commuters need. We have a truck because we also need it for our camper but I'd don't drive it much. I drive a Ford Fusion everyday.

#13 5 years ago

Honda Fit pulls double duty for me. 30-40 mpg can't be beat as far as pin haulers go.

#14 5 years ago

2015 Mazda CX5. Actually has more cargo room then my old Jeep Grand Cherokee which surprises me because it looks smaller. Fits one widebody pin and dolly with room to spare. 33 mpg is better then the 11 mpg that gas guzzler gave me.

#15 5 years ago

I'm lucky since I'm only 15 minutes away from work. I drive my truck 2 or 3 times a week. My normal ride is a 3 series BMW.
    003 (2).JPG 002 (2).JPG001 (2).JPG

#16 5 years ago

Work from home, drive a two-seater convertible when I need to roll, take the wife's RAV4 on pinball adventures. Easy peasy.

#17 5 years ago

My 2010 Rav-4 LE goes down the Taconic parkway 5 times a week. Love the Ravs, killer sound systems and great in the snow. Love them so much, the Mrs. Drives a tricked out 2010 6 cylinder! ~SpOoKy

#18 5 years ago

Full size Chevy van for me - my only vehicle so I have to drive it every day but I love it. Nothing like a full size van that holds 4 pins and a hand truck with no problem! Around 15 to 16 MPG gets a little expensive at times but still cheaper than owning two vehicles.

My favorite part about a van over a pick up is weather is no issue & when I get home late I don't have to unload right away. Down side is sometimes van is full of pins I don't have room for anywhere and I have to stash one or two somewhere to go get more machines.

To me - a van is the only way to move a pinball machine. Out of the weather & plenty of head room when loading. It just doesn't get any better than a van with a 4x8 sheet of plywood on the floor for loading and moving machines.

#19 5 years ago

I have a very modest Mazda 5 and it will fit 1 pin, even a NIB.

IMG_0789.JPG

#20 5 years ago

Like too-many-pins, I'm a van guy. Ford E250 for me, it doubles as a work van when I'm not at play.

Steve

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Industen:

2015 Mazda CX5. Actually has more cargo room then my old Jeep Grand Cherokee which surprises me because it looks smaller. Fits one widebody pin and dolly with room to spare. 33 mpg is better then the 11 mpg that gas guzzler gave me.

I looked very closely at the cx5 and I found it just won't fit a nib pin.
    I just bought a brand new skoda yeti 1.4 l engine turbo it fits a nib.
    I travel about 500 miles a week.image-386.jpg

#22 5 years ago

Look familiar Blownfuse? image.jpg

#23 5 years ago

I drive my 2008 Scion xB everywhere and couldn't be happier with it. It swallows pinball machines and gets great gas mileage!

#24 5 years ago

Yeah, it does. But on long trips, you can't sardine 5 games into it if needed, then slip a piece of plywood on top of them for an air mattress like I can.

Steve

Quoted from Lmjdad:

Look familiar Blownfuse?

#25 5 years ago

I have a friend who lends me his Nissan NV3500, drives like a truck and has a ton of room. He doesn't use it everyday, just for his side work.

#26 5 years ago

My 2013 F150 Supercrew in my hauler and my daily driver. Wouldn't have it any other way.

#27 5 years ago

My pin hauler is a 2009 Honda Fit which I use to commute to work four days a week - great gas mileage and it fits a wide body pin

#28 5 years ago

My wife's daily driver is my pin hauler....2011 Dodge Durango. I forget the exact lettering but the plate says Soccer Mom.

#29 5 years ago

Any one of my families 5(was 6 last week) vehicles can haul a pin.

#30 5 years ago

I love my Honda element, and it is a great pin hauler. I really hate that they discontinued it, as I like it much better than the CRV. Haven't looked at the fit's. I am surprised they can take a pin. I'll have to look at it, but I will always hold up the Toaster on wheels as the best Honda.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

I'm lucky since I'm only 15 minutes away from work. I drive my truck 2 or 3 times a week. My normal ride is a 3 series BMW.

003 (2).JPG 167 KB

002 (2).JPG 243 KB

001 (2).JPG 294 KB

Those are some RED pants

#32 5 years ago

Used to drive it 7 days a week.
    DSCN0700.JPG
    Since I got this two years ago it's my winter truck now, unless I need to haul a pin of course
    DSCN0312.jpg

#33 5 years ago

Me too.

#34 5 years ago

I drive mine every day as its my service truck. Ed

image.jpg image-63.jpg image-939.jpg
    #35 5 years ago

Use my Santa Fe everyday and she has picked up all of my pins. Since I work out of home most of my mileage comes from pinball!

#36 5 years ago

Yep!! Love my truck!!

PhoebeP6300031.JPGP6300031.JPG

#37 5 years ago

Here's my gas-sipping daily driver/pin hauler!

IMG_1146.JPG
    #38 5 years ago

Yep, drive it everyday. Good mileage and power. Never know when you'll need to haul something

2009 Rav4 Limited.jpg

#39 5 years ago

If your looking for a pin hauler in a small commuter car I love my suzuki SX4. You may find a nice used one? But they no longer sell this model in the USA. Back seats fold down and you must remove head which i like to do anyways. another good choice is the subaru forester remember how that FH fit? door shut too.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Those are some RED pants

We're on the edge of style here in Connecticut. In this case, the wrong edge.

#41 5 years ago

Here's my pin hauler, 2007 Avalanche, 107,000 miles and going strong. It's my daily driver, have a 45 min one way commute at 16 mpg but at least I feel safe!
    pins1.jpg

#42 5 years ago

It's my regular vehicle, 1993 Ford Aerostar EXT,( the extended version is crucial). Would love to find another one with low miles on it, it's an excellent pin hauler!!

Last month, passed a major milestone with a surprising result:

BTW kilometers not miles

#43 5 years ago

Yeah, 2013 Honda Fit Sport.

40 mpg on average every week when I fill up!

#44 5 years ago

Since 2011

003.JPG
    #45 5 years ago

Current Fits still hold pins? I thought I Read somewhere that they redesigned them and they don't clear any more?

#46 5 years ago

1993 Toyota pickup 4x4, 22RE 5-speed extra cab with topper. All original. Bought new - now at 269,000 miles, daily driver.
    Never has let me down.

#47 5 years ago

2014 Honda CRV, 28 MPG (w/ Econ mode on, which it is 24/7). Previous ride (Honda Fit) was also my pin hauler. While the Fit got much better mileage, I think the CRV is a hundred times more comfortable to ride in, so I am ok with the trade off.

#48 5 years ago

I have had two 2005 ford escapes (one 2.3L and one 3.0 v6), both were DD and winter drivers. Could haul one pin (wide body no issue) and 3 people. Looking at going to a 2015 escape now.

#49 5 years ago

Looking for a new car myself and the CX-5 is pretty high up on my list.

I had heard from a CRV owner that the seats don't fold completely flat and that many modern pins needed to have their backboxes detached and slid forward to fit in the vehicle. Can any of the CRV owners here confirm?

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from erichill:

Looking for a new car myself and the CX-5 is pretty high up on my list.
    I had heard from a CRV owner that the seats don't fold completely flat and that many modern pins needed to have their backboxes detached and slid forward to fit in the vehicle. Can any of the CRV owners here confirm?

Check this thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in

i thought someone posted about a crv and mx5 in it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 218.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 209.99
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside