New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 178999)

Who does this home collection belong to? N.Illinois

By vdojaq

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pinball (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I have a Facebook acquaintance that posted this picture. Said it was his wife's cousin. Anyone?

pinball (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

well he likes color DMD's

#3 3 years ago

Good reason not to be identified on this site. Creepers trying to find out about your stuff and location.

#4 3 years ago

Those unique flashers on The Getaway look familiar. Maybe from the game room pics thread like 6 months ago?? Search if you want, since those are not private. (the drop ceiling and Hydro Thunder are extra clues) I'm not a creeper, just a Sherlock fan.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-see-pic-of-games-rooms

#5 3 years ago

Shouldn't be asking on here. Some people do not want their collection to be known publicly.

#6 3 years ago

Why not ask your friend who it is?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Shouldn't be asking on here. Some people do not want their collection to be known publicly.

I say that and get moderated, nice.

#8 3 years ago

I actually a little surprised that people post entire photos of their collections (all at once, or conduct full video pinball "tours") on any general social media website (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc).

It actually makes a person become an increased target for theft, not for the machines that they own (as pinball machines are a little hard to sneak out the back door without someone noticing unless it is a summer home or independent storage facility), but their other household goods such as firearms, guitars, jewelery, etc.

However, pinball machines are becoming direct targets for thievery due to increased interest in the market.
    Route games continue to be stolen in most major cities of the United States at higher volumes than the past five years.

The question that would be asked by a thief is: "If he/she owns this type of 'expensive' stuff, what else does is the house that is potentially valuable?"
    Crop shots are fine, but any person needs to have a good security system (or at least the signs) installed to dissuade would be thieves, if they do additional research. A backtracked address search is not that hard to acquire in this day and age.

Hopefully, the person that posted the photo, received PERMISSION to take and upload that photo of his collection (or part of it overall).
    People have taken out their camera phone in my house in the past, and I had to politely state "put it away please."
    This is part of the reason, I can no longer have open house, not private invites.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I actually a little surprised that people post entire photos of their collections (all at once, or conduct full video pinball "tours")

Video tours are the best. Often show layout of the house, and security system, etc.

LTG : )

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Video tours are the best. Often show layout of the house, and security system, etc.

Well, if someone is describing their household security system, that makes a bit more sense, especially if the games are in a sealed climate controlled basement, with no bay windows, or lower access doors, as accessibility to the entire home is a bit more tricky.

Show of those cameras, signs, seals, and other deterrents.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

and security system,

I should add if there is one, brand, and where key pad is.

#12 3 years ago

I am a pinball collector, I have no money for cars, jewelry, cameras, food, or other luxuries

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

Why not ask your friend who it is?

He was being a smart ass and told me to figure it out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.99
    Tools
    PinShield
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 64.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 18.95
    $ 199.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    € 18.95
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 2.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside