(Topic ID: 285471)

Who Does The Best Professional Restoration??

By loghome895

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by shiffdog
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0C210B6C-568A-46B5-83E4-0323466157AC (resized).jpeg
    FBB68B24-3AFA-4FBF-B1F1-61CC33A04CF0 (resized).jpeg
    BAD9CD63-C7BE-4981-BCD1-C29AD3E24B75 (resized).jpeg
    8E2721E5-C83E-4E45-B82E-B1CEEC01C6C7 (resized).jpeg
    630F63F1-A83B-4BA5-8F98-90B8FCF352B7 (resized).jpeg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Who does the best pinball restoration ? ........ High End Pins Christopher Hutchins OR Pinball Pimp Jeff Miller? Opinions?

#2 3 years ago

What game do you have?

#3 3 years ago

#4 3 years ago

Silverball Mania I have New CPR Playfield , New back glass , and All new boards and other new miscellaneous items...

#5 3 years ago

Not sure I would spend that kind of loot on a silver ball mania

#6 3 years ago

Money is not the problem .....I know I will not get what I put into the machine The question is who does the best professional work ? This machine will be an Heirloom for my kids and there’s.......

#7 3 years ago

High End Pins, Chris did a TZ for me several years ago me and gave me a machine that was better than new. He will also customize it. I sent him some parts to put in it which he did and I asked that it be power coated black with black legs and LEDs. It came out better than I could have hoped for.

#8 3 years ago

is there anything you want special done to your game?

you might just go for great, rather than amazing and save some money

#9 3 years ago

Your kids must really love silver ball mania !

#10 3 years ago

High_End_Pins is better known by far so most people don’t have an informed opinion about Pinball Pimp.

Quoted from loghome895:

This machine will be an Heirloom for my kids and there’s...

If by heirloom you mean a junk table in the spare room that they glance at once a month while thinking about getting rid of that old thing then sure.

#11 3 years ago

All you have to do is follow HEPs threads. His work is second to none IMO

#12 3 years ago

Pinball Pimp if I recall specializes in the older games.

I think he can and will do more modern stuff but his wheelhouse is 70s and 80s pins.

I think he does art for CRP on those older games also.

#13 3 years ago

There is no question that Chris at HEP has no equal. The only question could be who is second best.

#14 3 years ago

Yes I have looked at both of there websites. I was very impressed with both of there work they do. And what I mean by heirloom is a pinball machine that will be cared for and cherished by the family for generations to come. At least I know my kids will respect it WHY? Because that’s how they were brought up by me. )

#15 3 years ago

Chris at HEP did a MB for me, and I will say his work is incredible. He’s also the most well known, so that may lead to a longer wait time. You’d have to contact him to find out.

#16 3 years ago

No nothing Special other then LED lights which I have. I just want it in a MINT NEW Condition

#17 3 years ago

Thanks Sammiesguys .....Did you have the pinball machine shipped? Or did you deliver it yourself? I was thinking about taking a trip and delivering it myself.

#19 3 years ago

Why not do it yourself?

a Bally restoration is a good candidate for a personal restoration
    nothing in it is too hard for you

#20 3 years ago

Don’t have the time and never really did any real soldering in my life. The honey dues keep me busy! Any anyone that is married knows what I am talking about. Lol

#21 3 years ago

I’m sure you can’t go wrong either way.
    Jeff is a friend and I have collaborated with him on many of my custom projects.
    His stencils are used regularly on my own restorations and I would consider no others unless there is no choice.
    We both have different styles,processes and skill sets that we use and rely on to offer these services to the public and I think generally most are happy with the results we are able to achieve.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I’m sure you can’t go wrong either way.
    Jeff is a friend and I have collaborated with him on many of my custom projects.
    His stencils are used regularly on my own restorations and I would consider no others unless there is no choice.
    We both have different styles,processes and skill sets that we use and rely on to offer these services to the public and I think generally most are happy with the results we are able to achieve.

Very classy, Chris. I wouldn’t expect anything less of you. Just one more reason why you’re the best.

#23 3 years ago

Hey Chris!
    Thank you for your response. I have been looking at your work and Jeff’s as well. You guys make it difficult for a customer to chose, you both have outstanding workmanship and are assets to the Pinball community. Thank you both for the professional work you do! )))

#24 3 years ago

Amen ! Well said Mr. Tantrum!.....

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Thanks Sammiesguys .....Did you have the pinball machine shipped? Or did you deliver it yourself? I was thinking about taking a trip and delivering it myself.

I actually bought the game from someone and had it shipped directly to Chris. Then he took over everything from there. I know you said money isn’t really an issue, but you’d save a few bucks delivering it yourself. And you would also know that there wouldn’t be issues with shippers causing damage. Although if it was damaged, you’d be sending it to the best person to handle it.

#26 3 years ago

Thanks Sammiesguys Great to know !

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Thanks Sammiesguys Great to know !

No problem. If you’ve got any other questions, feel free to send me a PM. Or post it here, there are plenty of other customers that may be able to answer if I forget to check back.

#28 3 years ago

I have a MM that Chris restored about 12 years ago. It still looks brand new.
    When my kids were in High School and had their friends over, it got a lot of play. Never had a single problem with it!

#29 3 years ago

Vandy 89 did you have any trouble with shipping as far as damage ?

#30 3 years ago

I know nothing about Jeff’s work so I won’t opine on a comparison obviously, that said, HEP’s work is stellar and if you are looking for legacy family heirloom quality and last ability he does that level quality work. No issue with shipping from HEP, he protects the games incredibly well...they look ready for a landing on Mars.

#31 3 years ago

I've only seen the work of Bryan Kelly. It is incredible! I'm lucky enough that my local pinball bar often has a few of his restorations in rotation and I can't stop myself from staring when I come across them. His Whirlwind is the most beautiful System 11 machine I've ever laid eyes on. Not garish. Just like-new. And his lighting complements the playfield perfectly. He may be semi-retired now. I don't think he likes compliments too much though. I once tried to praise his work and he responded by blocking me.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

he protects the games incredibly well...they look ready for a landing on Mars.

This Guy at HEP is from Mars. The level of these restorations are phenomenal.

#33 3 years ago

Toast Mach Restorations in Kingston NY. They do really high quality work.

#34 3 years ago

You will not be disappointed with either one.

I have known Jeff for years and his work is just amazing. His talent and energy level are both off the charts along with his incredible attention to detail.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Silverball Mania I have New CPR Playfield , New back glass , and All new boards and other new miscellaneous items...

HEP is fantastic

Ken Head also does great restos.
    pinhead52 here on pinside.

#36 3 years ago

“No issue with shipping from HEP, he protects the games incredibly well...they look ready for a landing on Mars.”

As above

#38 3 years ago

I've never seen either's work in person. From the pictures you couldn't go wrong either way. I think I do a decent job but I'm amateur hour compared to those guys. It does motivate you to improve your own skills for sure.

I use Jeff's stencils in my own restorations and they are fantastic. If you mess one up he'll cut you the one you screwed up. A great guy to work with.

#39 3 years ago

HEP does “better than new” restorations. But all of these guys are doing exceptional, time consuming work. so it can take a LONG time (where you will not have your game) to get it back. It’ll be worth it, but factor that into your decision.

#40 3 years ago

Bally Old Chicago has long been a grail pin for me and I finally got one. The playfield is really pretty good but I decided to go all out so I got a CPR playfield and sent it to Ron Kruzman. I've never had one done by him before. It's the same thing here, you know it will take some time and you'll never recoup your money but in the end it will be worth it. I'll do the rest myself and hope I can come out somewhere near where guys like Chris and Jeff end up.

#41 3 years ago

Not familiar with Ron Kruzman? What does he specialize in?

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Not familiar with Ron Kruzman? What does he specialize in?

Playfields.

#43 3 years ago

Confused? Why would you take a NEW CPR playfield to Ron?.......

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Confused? Why would you take a NEW CPR playfield to Ron?.......

Because he will dial it up to 11. A lot of those new playfields have minor imperfections, or clear that is "pretty good". He makes them perfect.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Because he will dial it up to 11. A lot of those new playfields have minor imperfections, or clear that is "pretty good". He makes them perfect.

That's pretty much it.

When you add Ron's charge on top of the cost of the playfield itself it makes little economic sense and if it was an game I wouldn't keep I wouldn't do it but this is a keeper. If I'm going to restore it and keep it then I want it as good as it can get.

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think he will put the dimples in the proper places too. CPRs aren’t always perfect there either.

#47 3 years ago

I used to do tons of restorations starting back 15 years ago. In the last five years I really haven’t done as many since the stencil business blew up and I’m cutting stencils for guys all over the world on a daily basis. It just doesn’t leave any time to do these 120+ Hour restorations. Also when doing machines to this level you limit your customer base because they get very, very expensive by the time they’re finished and most guys freak out when you give them a price!

With the prices of donor machines these days and brand new everything plus labor... they are easily usually $10,000 or more in the end. They ain’t cheap folks when you go down to the screw and basically build a one off pinball machine from the ground up!

http://www.pinballpimp.com/

0C210B6C-568A-46B5-83E4-0323466157AC (resized).jpeg0C210B6C-568A-46B5-83E4-0323466157AC (resized).jpeg630F63F1-A83B-4BA5-8F98-90B8FCF352B7 (resized).jpeg630F63F1-A83B-4BA5-8F98-90B8FCF352B7 (resized).jpeg8E2721E5-C83E-4E45-B82E-B1CEEC01C6C7 (resized).jpeg8E2721E5-C83E-4E45-B82E-B1CEEC01C6C7 (resized).jpegBAD9CD63-C7BE-4981-BCD1-C29AD3E24B75 (resized).jpegBAD9CD63-C7BE-4981-BCD1-C29AD3E24B75 (resized).jpegFBB68B24-3AFA-4FBF-B1F1-61CC33A04CF0 (resized).jpegFBB68B24-3AFA-4FBF-B1F1-61CC33A04CF0 (resized).jpeg
    #48 3 years ago

Hey Jeff!

That’s what I want my Silverball Mania to look like! What would it cost to do? I have new CPR playfield ALL new boards New skin for coin door and new plastics. What I need is entire cabinet make over, New mirror polished side rails, New targets, New lamp sockets, etc........ Not sure if I need Ron Kruzman to do the CPR playfield or not Would you recommend that Jeff?

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I've only seen the work of Bryan Kelly. It is incredible! I'm lucky enough that my local pinball bar often has a few of his restorations in rotation and I can't stop myself from staring when I come across them. His Whirlwind is the most beautiful System 11 machine I've ever laid eyes on. Not garish. Just like-new. And his lighting complements the playfield perfectly. He may be semi-retired now. I don't think he likes compliments too much though. I once tried to praise his work and he responded by blocking me.

Bryan can be a dick now and then but he's never blocked (not sure what you mean by that) anyone, as far as I now.

I've seen both Chris and Jeff's restores and you can't go wrong with either one.

#50 3 years ago

My goal is to be known as “The OK-est” Pinball Restoration guy one day.

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-does-the-best-professional-restoration?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.