You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180616_113243 (resized).jpg
20180616_113202 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello all
As some of you may know, I've been gradually restoring a Baby Pac Man. Here is the link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-crack-baby-pac-man-restoration-thread/page/3#post-4452029

It is a 100% working game. However, with as much work as I'm doing, I'd love to get the monitor chassis redone. When cold, the monitor has a large ripple on the right side that goes away once the tube heats up. Not even sure if a rebuild would correct this.
I know nothing about monitors, or where to have them serviced. I'm looking for reasonable pricing with a decent turn around.

Thanks all! PM direct If you can help.

20180616_113202 (resized).jpg20180616_113202 (resized).jpg20180616_113243 (resized).jpg20180616_113243 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

One of the guys that does The Broken Token podcast rebuilds them.

#3 5 years ago

First thing you want to do with a CRT rebuild is replace the caps. 75% of the time that will fix whatever your problem is. Nothing hard or crazy about doing that, the only tricky part is taking the chassis off the tube, because you're gonna want to discharge it. Which isn't hard either, but good to know what you're doing because there's a lot of juice in there.

#4 5 years ago

Chad at arcadecup.com is great. But could take a month to get back.

#5 5 years ago

Also VERY IMPORTANT to unplug and discharge the monitor before removing the chassis

#6 5 years ago

i can do it if you want to send to me. message me.

#7 5 years ago

Discharge, cap kit and new flyback it's really easy especially on that 13" Wells Gardner K4800 brought it right back to life. I did one years ago for a MS Pac cabaret. I remember something about following the 4900 manual for schematics or something like that.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

First thing you want to do with a CRT rebuild is replace the caps. 75% of the time that will fix whatever your problem is. Nothing hard or crazy about doing that, the only tricky part is taking the chassis off the tube, because you're gonna want to discharge it. Which isn't hard either, but good to know what you're doing because there's a lot of juice in there.

I am aware of the hi voltage and discharging the annode. But monitors just seem so foreign. I can find my way around a pinball machine in the dark, but this baby is only half pin.
I'll reach out to some of the pinsiders thay have offered help.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I am aware of the hi voltage and discharging the annode. But monitors just seem so foreign. I can find my way around a pinball machine in the dark, but this baby is only half pin.
I'll reach out to some of the pinsiders thay have offered help.

Get a hold of David Countryman(sp.?) he is in your neck of the woods and could help.

#10 5 years ago

Anyone close to IOWA.. ? I have Golden Tee and Silver strike. monitors. Not sure on models #... just asking around. .. THX> NT>..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-does-crt-monitor-rebuilds- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.