1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by britrex1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190203_160907 (resized).jpg
    20190203_142906 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Who do you guys use for moving help? I don't really feel comfortable phoning family/friends to move a pinball machine and wanted to know if you guys hire movers to help or how that works. Up until this point in time I was only moving pinball machines into my basement, not out. The one time I sold a machine I had the other guy show up to pick up. I have a walk out basement with about a 1 story rise up a grassy hill to the street. Today, I almost dumped a pinball machine on that move and don't want to do that again. I now know that it must be bone dry before I attempt to move a machine if I'm doing it myself. I'd still feel more comfortable if I had 1 or 2 other folks there to spot. My move was going just fine until I started to churn mud instead of moving. I ended up calling the guy I was trading with, giving him a discount, and having him drive an hour to bail me out as I couldn't move the machine up hill or downhill without great risk. Just curious. If you can hire 2 men and a truck for an hour, use labor ready, or whatever.

Thanks guys!

20190203_142906 (resized).jpg20190203_160907 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Gravity without friction can be a bitch!

Glad you were eventually able to move the game safely. Usually I have to move games solo, occasionally I can bribe a brother in law with beer.

I do not think I'd want to move a game up that hill by myself on that hill even in good weather. . .

#3 1 year ago

I put a post on Pinside and Facebook and ask for help. I've gotten fast and good help that way.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago

Yeah, see if anyone in your area fs thread can help. I have my friends and dad help me all the time. I assume more dangerous end when moving. Also, get some kind of thick ratchet tie down to help tie to your dolly to give the person some leverage from having the dolly just take off downhill and help to lift it from dragging.

#5 1 year ago

Couple teenage neighborhood kids pushing from behind and 2 twenty dollar bills should do it.
    Lucky you left the legs on, huh!! I have never seen a pin moved that way. It is on a dolly, right?

#6 1 year ago

I’ve got awesome neighbors who help out.
    I’m one of the more handier guys in the neighborhood so brute strength to help move a pin I trade for helping neighbors get their mowers running or install bathroom faucets or hang ceiling fans. We all look out for each other.

This last week we stole a stick of butter from 1 family and gave away some baby shoes to another. It all washes out.

#7 1 year ago

I was rather newbish when I picked up my Ship Ahoy. I drove 75 minutes to Sheboygan and realized that there was no way that I was going to get the machine up the steep, narrow stairs of the smokey old lesbians’ basement in which it has resided for the past few decades. As luck would have it, my father-in-law lived in town, so I gave him a quick call. 15 minutes later, the old wedgie was loaded in my car. Thanks Papa Jim!

#8 1 year ago

I do it all myself. Check out my history, 98 percent of them were moved by just me. I have 9 steps in and out. I've also brought 50 games to various shows and moved once. Lol

#9 1 year ago

Get a better dolly with 4 wheels. Menards- Home Depot Style....Hook a rope to that car in the picture. Or a lawn mower......And slowly pull it up that hill...Not up the hill with the mower of course...
    LOL. Put down some plywood. Particle board. Leap frog the boards. Don't hurt yourself or anyone else. THAT suck for sure.... Happy Mudding ..

#10 1 year ago

I know if I had to deal with that mess moving pins I would just build a nice sidewalk. Either have someone come and pour concrete or put in a nice paver Path. Either way I bet you could get it done for less than the cost of that pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 224.99
    $ 208.87
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 50.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside