1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by BulkOfTheSeries
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who do you buy your pinball parts from?”

• ebay 15 votes
      14%
    • bay area amusements 23 votes
      21%
    • game room guys 2 votes
      2%
    • marco specialties 72 votes
      65%
    • pinball life 82 votes
      75%
    • mad amusements 3 votes
      3%
    • amazon 2 votes
      2%

(Multiple choice - 110 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

So I began buying pinball parts, I don't know 5 or 6 years ago I guess... seems when I buy parts from people on ebay, stuff gets here within the week... but if I buy parts from "some" of the big name parts companies (not going to mention any names) it takes forever for them to fill an order. So I am curious who do you all buy your pinball parts from?

Looking at all these places, no one seems to carry everything you need for a specific game... so I guess, it may just be the nature of the beast...

still would be interested in where you get most of your stuff.

#2 1 year ago

I'm almost split between Pinball Life and Marco with some Ebay sprinkled in for good measure.

#3 1 year ago

PBResource and Marco.

If they don't have it, I'll make the sacrifice and order it from somebody else.

#4 1 year ago

Don't f***ing buy from mad amusements!!!

#5 1 year ago

PBL and Marco are my go to's

#6 1 year ago

Marcospec and pinballlife are the way to go.

#7 1 year ago

My #1 go to is Pinball Resource, followed by Marco, followed by Pinball Life. Pepper in Great Plains Electronics for my components, and I’m usually covered. I save eBay for the cheap-as-free diodes and transistors.

#8 1 year ago

Just wish shipping wasn't so expensive.

#9 1 year ago

Little Shop of Games! These guys get parts out the door fast. At least they do for me.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrossman5:

Here's what I do: Just imagine the parts cost a little more and shipping was a little less.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Here's what I do: Just imagine the parts cost a little more and shipping was a little less.

hahahahaaaa

#12 1 year ago

Pinball resource, pinball rescue, Ron Webb, Shay Arcade, and Wade Krause.

#13 1 year ago

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_Parts_Suppliers

Quoted from mrossman5:

Order parts in larger batches. Or, when you need one of something that you generally buy frequently, get two instead so you can use the other one for next time.

#14 1 year ago

I, uh, know a guy...

#15 1 year ago

Pinball Life is my first go to....quantity pricing, and very fast shipping, you cant beat that. Shipping charges these days are what they seem to be for everyone.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

Pinball Life is my first go to....quantity pricing, and very fast shipping, you cant beat that. Shipping charges these days are what they seem to be for everyone.

I buy my led's from them I count what I need, I don't buy the over priced "kits"

#17 1 year ago

For LED shopping, I ALWAYS go Comet.

#18 1 year ago

At one time I drank the pinside pinballlife Kool Aid. But then I saw that cheap is what you get, so I opted for quality instead.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

At one time I drank the pinside pinballlife Kool Aid. But then I saw that cheap is what you get, so I opted for quality instead.

I can't say I've had a problem with any products I've bought from them. I had one minor mixup a couple years back, but it was quickly addressed.

Is there something specific you had problems with?

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is there something specific you had problems with?

Yeah, their rubbers and flipper kits.

As an ex auto tech, I learned to get the best quality parts and do the job once or you are just wasting your money and time.

#21 1 year ago

Pinball Resource, Pinball Life and Marco.

#22 1 year ago

PBResurce should have been in the vote.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I do not think that statement is fair at all. I, we really do not understand that at all, what did you buy that you thought was "cheap"..and why would to say something as, I think, mean as stated?

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

I do not think that statement is fair at all. I, we really do not understand that at all, what did you buy that you thought was "cheap"..and why would to say something as, I think, mean as stated?

It means I read a lot of posts on pinside recommending that certain vendor and found out the quality of rubber parts they were selling was pure crap.

Does that explain it more fairly?

#25 1 year ago

PBResource gets almost all of my business. Out/don’t carry it - #2 is PBL.

#26 1 year ago

Big Daddy Enterprises should be in the poll too. http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com Same with John's Jukes (http://www.flippers.com) and Pinballheaven (https://www.pinball.co.uk).

Also the pinball shows - Allentown, TPF, York, ...

-Rob
    -check out my Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#27 1 year ago

PBR, Marcos, GPE

#28 1 year ago

In no particular order:

PinballLife
    Marco
    Little Shop of Games
    Big Daddy
    Comet
    Cointaker
    K's Arcade

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ah, I remember several folks complaining about the rubbers. I usually get mine from PBR.

I haven't had trouble with williams flipper rebuild parts so far.

I just replaced plungers and coil stops on an AFM that had about 2500 plays. They weren't in that bad of shape. I'll have to upload photos a bit later.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As an ex auto tech, I learned to get the best quality parts and do the job once or you are just wasting your money and time.

I bought a bunch of their flipper kits so I guess I'll find out what they're like. I'll tell you whose kits I don't buy anymore........PBResource. Not sold on their Bally black metal pieces....at all. Also bought some Gottlieb kits and the plungers would actually chip pieces off the coil stops.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

PBResurce should have been in the vote.

was one of the reasons I was asking the question have learned of a few new places to look for parts... ty for the post

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Big Daddy Enterprises should be in the poll too. http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com Same with John's Jukes (http://www.flippers.com) and Pinballheaven (https://www.pinball.co.uk).
    Also the pinball shows - Allentown, TPF, York, ...
    -Rob
    -check out my Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/skee-ball-display-pcbs-redesigned?ref=e36051
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

thanks for the leads

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ah, I remember several folks complaining about the rubbers. I usually get mine from PBR.

I haven't had trouble with williams flipper rebuild parts so far.

The majority of the coils I've purchased from them have been defective, half their flipper links have required drilling out because they bound up, and they often take longer to ship things out than PBR does to arrive. Then again I've gotten bad parts from marco and pbr before too...

I end up ordering from marco usually because they seem to have the best quality rubber.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I end up ordering from marco usually because they seem to have the best quality rubber.

Exactly. And what is the most used part when you shop a game?

If it basic supplies like rubber or balls and game specific parts for modern machines, I always make a list for Marco first. Almost every thing else I can get from PBResource.

I've got no reason to go back to other vendors that have given me the runaround or sent crappy parts.

#35 1 year ago

Who supplies the best rubbers these days?

Seems like there’s a bunch of new products.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Marco

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Seems like there’s a bunch of new products.

Titan

#38 1 year ago

Marco
    Pinball life
    Big Daddy Enterprises

#39 1 year ago

I’ve tried titans but they don’t seem to hold up very long.

#40 1 year ago

So many.

Marco and PBL are nearly tied. I love Marco's online catalog and I love Pinball Life's catalog and prices. Also if I order on a Monday, I get my parts usually on a Thursday - not bad!

I've had a couple order mixups with Marco but they have bent over backward to fix each and every issue, and they are a pleasure to talk to.

I have used Steve Young for some esoteric parts as well as some general items. I'm not quite smart enough to do a lot of orders through him yet.

I bought a pile of board components from Mouser as well as Great Plains - GPE especially is well suited for hard to find parts and is organized to help you fix your stuff NOW. Mouser is every component imaginable organized into an indecipherable mess. You better know what you're doing.

Big Daddy enterprises is great, too.

I also buy flyers and fobs from Chameleon Collectibles on eBay.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Have you tried the super-band rubber that cointaker sells? The consistency is stiffer, but I like how the ball snaps off of them.

Whatever they’re made of looks like it will last forever.

#42 1 year ago

What about blue rubbers? I'm thinking titan...

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from cletus:

Have you tried the super-band rubber that cointaker sells? The consistency is stiffer, but I like how the ball snaps off of them.
    Whatever they’re made of looks like it will last forever.

I do like the durability of superbands and ease of clean but they’re more bouncy than usual rubbers.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I do like the durability of superbands and ease of clean but they’re more bouncy than usual rubbers.

Big fan of all the titan rubbers. They have so many colors now and the silicon they use cleans well and holds up well for me at least. Also run by great and ethical people!

For parts in general PBL and Marco are both awesome. Great websites and carry a ton of great game specific parts/mods.

#45 1 year ago

I have ordered from most all of the sources listed, with the exception of Big Daddy. Each seller seems to fill a purpose for me and I am thankful we are lucky enough to have so many choices. I try to spread my dollars around, as I want to support all of these folks. Sometimes though it just comes down to having to use the company that has the obscure part I am looking for more than using a personal preference.

Regarding rubber: I hope to someday be good enough to discern between the 200 different manufactures of rubber. In the meantime, I just use a company that has colors, last a while, but all use the same rebound/feel, and aren't priced like they are made with unicorn tears.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

Mouser is every component imaginable organized into an indecipherable mess. You better know what you're doing.

The upside is that there is a lot available. The downside is that there is a learning curve and you need to have a decent idea about part specs. GPE is definitely more user-friendly, and probably carries about 75% of the components I usually end up needing to order.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I get mine from PBR. They seem to last a long time, they're inexpensive (aside from one Gottlieb-specific post rubber that you can't get anywhere else), orders are delivered at the speed of light, and I haven't felt the need to shop around.

I've been meaning to give titan rubbers a try, but I've heard mixed things.
    I remember vid's thread from a while back where he put them on a location pin, and they seemed to hold up well. I also remember reading that there might have been a bad batch a year or two back that didn't hold up well and was more prone to split apart, so I'm not sure if that's still currently a problem or not.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Little Shop of Games! These guys get parts out the door fast. At least they do for me.

They also recognise the cost of international shipping and combine orders where possible rather than htting you with a penalty surcharge for oversized handling.

Full set of TOTAN ramps (two at almost playfield length plus one spiral) for $35 to Australia. We would pay that for domestic interstate shipping down here.

#48 1 year ago

Ive found that silicone rubbers fit my needs best, but if they get a small tear, they shred faster.

So I rotate them, when doing a quick clean/wax.

Also, I found it easier to simply my rubbers. One color. Clear for me, some friends have stuck with white or black.
    I was always running short, or needing just 1 in green, and didnt want to stock all colors and sizes.

Titan for me, as I like their clear over others..... one way not mentioned, I like the way they hold light and disperse.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Don't f***ing buy from mad amusements!!!

#50 1 year ago

No love for Planetary pinball?
    Marco's is my goto

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 39.50
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 26.95
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside