(Topic ID: 44925)

Who do I have to screw to get neon multiball??

By Atomicboy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 68 days ago by roger0043
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Tonight I had my best game of CV. I've been in the 400m's before, but topped out at 467M, 215 cannonballs, joined the circus twice, won battle twice - good game.

HOWEVER... I got the sideshow a whopping 6 times, and not once did I get neon. Each time I got another, I kept thinking "oh man, this is it", but nope. I know it only comes later on, but seriously, 6 times and no neon?? I actually started thinking I would see the stupid roonie again before this.

I started thinking about this, and I'm not even sure if I've seen neon since getting the home roms... Is it actually possible with them? I recall getting it maybe 4-6 times before, but it was within the first year of owning.

#2 11 years ago

Take off the glass. It's a lot easier.

#3 11 years ago

Yes it exists in home rom.

I want the ever rare 5 multiball stack but neon mb cannot be forced to happen.

#4 11 years ago

I've got Neon MB 3 times in the last 3 days. The last time was in the last hour. And yes, that's with the Home ROM.

#5 11 years ago

It's rare w the home ROM

#6 11 years ago

just rare

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've got Neon MB 3 times in the last 3 days. The last time was in the last hour. And yes, that's with the Home ROM.

Frig dude how?? I literally have not seen this in over a year... and I make it to the circus about 60-70% of the time, and get sideshow usually 2-3 times at least per game. My only other option is to turn off copycat, and roonie (I believe this is an option in the home roms??) and anything else I can under sideshow to try and maximize the possibility.

It's getting to be very frustrating. I seriously don’t think I have seen this since I installed home roms about 1.5 to 2 years ago.

...is there a setting in the home roms to turn it off I wonder? ha wouldn't it be hilarious if I did that and didn't know it.

My AFM two machines down has strobe MB too much, as it's either the 3rd of 4th SOL every game, and neon MB is non existence in CV. I would like both rectified for better balance.

#8 11 years ago

I don't see Neon Multiball much, but I have got it as the first Sideshow award before, so in my experience, it doesn't necessarily have to come later on.

It's really a shame it does not happen with more frequency, as it is one of the cooler multiballs out there in my opinion. It's really similar to AFM's Strobe Multiball the way averything goes dark and you just have the Neon flashing on and off. It's also cool that you can win an extra ball on it. I've only got the extra ball about 2 time put of the 10-15 times I've seen Neon Multiball pop up in the 2.5 years I've owned the machine.

Note: I have the home ROM.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Frig dude how?? I literally have not seen this in over a year... and I make it to the circus about 60-70% of the time, and get sideshow usually 2-3 times at least per game. My only other option is to turn off copycat, and roonie (I believe this is an option in the home roms??) and anything else I can under sideshow to try and maximize the possibility.
It's getting to be very frustrating. I seriously don’t think I have seen this since I installed home roms about 1.5 to 2 years ago.
...is there a setting in the home roms to turn it off I wonder? ha wouldn't it be hilarious if I did that and didn't know it.
My AFM two machines down has strobe MB too much, as it's either the 3rd of 4th SOL every game, and neon MB is non existence in CV. I would like both rectified for better balance.

I have no idea what to tell you.

All three times that I got Neon MB (in three consecutive days) I said to myself "what are these guys talking about on Pinside who say that you never see Neon MB with the Home ROM"? Three times in three days, and that's not even playing more than an hour a day.

Will be interesting to see if the times I get it goes down dramatically in the future.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I have no idea what to tell you.
All three times that I got Neon MB (in three consecutive days) I said to myself "what are these guys talking about on Pinside who say that you never see Neon MB with the Home ROM"? Three times in three days, and that's not even playing more than an hour a day.
Will be interesting to see if the times I get it goes down dramatically in the future.

That's insane.... I'm starting to think I have to look at my roms more.

Can you tell me if you changed anything in the standard roms settings? The only thing that I recall changing was the skill shot choice option, as it was simply too easy with this enabled.

Can those that are getting Neon tell me if you have that enabled or not? I know it shouldn't matter, but again, when thinking about this, I wonder if that was the cut off point of ever seeing Neon again.

#11 11 years ago

I've had my CV (with home ROM) for 5 years now. I have played it a ton. I have seen Neon multiball a grand total of twice that entire time. Once while my mother-in-law was playing shortly after I got it, and then once just a couple weeks ago. I almost had to change my undies when it popped up!

You mentioned turning off the vid modes to increase chances. Unfortunately you can't do that...at least not Copy Cat. I friggin hate Copy Cat. Its only redeeming quality is the easy extra ball. I actually turned Roonie back on to lower the chances of seeing copycat. Such a stupid, stupid mode. It is the only thing in the entire machine that doesn't fit the theme. Why it was added for the home ROM without an adjustment to turn it off is beyond me.

I will say this...I would gladly kick in $100 to a fund for someone with the know-how to get it done to create a 2.1 ROM. All I ask is to have an option to disable copycat (like Roonie has now) and increase the chances of seeing Neon (adjustable would be nice). Everything else could stay the same. I know I'm not the only one that would kick in for that.

I've seriously considered trying the latest non-home version which would solve both problems, but would lose all the good stuff from 2.0. Haven't tried it yet though...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That's insane.... I'm starting to think I have to look at my roms more.
Can you tell me if you changed anything in the standard roms settings? The only thing that I recall changing was the skill shot choice option, as it was simply too easy with this enabled.
Can those that are getting Neon tell me if you have that enabled or not? I know it shouldn't matter, but again, when thinking about this, I wonder if that was the cut off point of ever seeing Neon again.

The only setting that I changed on the Home ROM was with regard to the skill shot as well. But the difference as I recall it was that the ability to advance Marvels with the skill shot are off by default, not on. I turned it on (i.e, made it easier). I have no idea if this has any effect on Neon MB, but that is the only difference in settings that we have.

I agree though: makes the game way too easy. I will be turning it off. Joining the Cirqus should be more difficult to achieve than it is now with the Skill Shot enabling Marvels.

#13 11 years ago

I've had the home roms in my CV for a LONG time. I think since 2003 or so? I've seen Neon MB exactly 3 times. Twice my mother in law was playing. I've gotten it once.

#14 11 years ago

Put 1.4 back in and you will see it all the time. That's what I did.

#15 11 years ago

Ok, so this was a good discussion then, it would seem that the home roms have in fact limited the ability to see neon - I was not aware of this before, is it common knowledge?

Jediturtle - I agree I would put some $$ toward a more balanced rom. I'm the opposite with copycat, as I don't mind it as much as roonie, I HATE that - it's loud, it's annoying, I could do without it. Copy cat doesn't fit the theme, but it gives an xball, and once you are above 15 or so, it gets pretty insane, and I must admit that I kind of like it when I do well.

But all this aside, neon clearly needs to be more achievable. It's too frickin cool to hide away. It's not that it's even something very hard to obtain, such as a wizard mode.

The only thing that keeps me with the home roms is the ability to skip the animations. That is a MUST. I watch the odd ringmaster go down, and for guests, it's cool, but it's good to be able to skip them when you want.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Ok, so this was a good discussion then, it would seem that the home roms have in fact limited the ability to see neon - I was not aware of this before, is it common knowledge?
Jediturtle - I agree I would put some $$ toward a more balanced rom. I'm the opposite with copycat, as I don't mind it as much as roonie, I HATE that - it's loud, it's annoying, I could do without it. Copy cat doesn't fit the theme, but it gives an xball, and once you are above 15 or so, it gets pretty insane, and I must admit that I kind of like it when I do well.
But all this aside, neon clearly needs to be more achievable. It's too frickin cool to hide away. It's not that it's even something very hard to obtain, such as a wizard mode.
The only thing that keeps me with the home roms is the ability to skip the animations. That is a MUST. I watch the odd ringmaster go down, and for guests, it's cool, but it's good to be able to skip them when you want.

Yea, it is common knowledge that 2.0 pretty much killed Neon Multi. Such a shame. I don't mind it being a rare occurance, but it should be more like once every 10 games or so, not once every few years!

I can see why some like Copycat, which is why I am all for having it be an option that can be turned on or off in the settings. They made Roonie and Fire the Cannon that way, so I can't imagine why they didn't do the same for Copycat. I enjoy the cannon, and honestly don't even mind Roonie since it is pretty short, fits the theme, and is pretty funny. Copycat is just a game killer to me...but it's cool that you like it. I didn't mind it for the first few years I owned the game, but now it honestly just makes me want to turn the machine off.

Hopefully someday, someone can answer our hopes with a small update.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I've had my CV (with home ROM) for 5 years now. I have played it a ton. I have seen Neon multiball a grand total of twice that entire time. Once while my mother-in-law was playing shortly after I got it, and then once just a couple weeks ago. I almost had to change my undies when it popped up!
You mentioned turning off the vid modes to increase chances. Unfortunately you can't do that...at least not Copy Cat. I friggin hate Copy Cat. Its only redeeming quality is the easy extra ball. I actually turned Roonie back on to lower the chances of seeing copycat. Such a stupid, stupid mode. It is the only thing in the entire machine that doesn't fit the theme. Why it was added for the home ROM without an adjustment to turn it off is beyond me.
I will say this...I would gladly kick in $100 to a fund for someone with the know-how to get it done to create a 2.1 ROM. All I ask is to have an option to disable copycat (like Roonie has now) and increase the chances of seeing Neon (adjustable would be nice). Everything else could stay the same. I know I'm not the only one that would kick in for that.
I've seriously considered trying the latest non-home version which would solve both problems, but would lose all the good stuff from 2.0. Haven't tried it yet though...

I played 2 games on your CV (which plays awesome btw!) at MGC and got awarded Neon Multiball during one of those games.-My friends and I couldn't believe it! Maybe it's a sign that you should trade/sell it to me

-Mike

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I played 2 games on your CV (which plays awesome btw!) at MGC and got awarded Neon Multiball during one of those games.-My friends and I couldn't believe it! Maybe it's a sign that you should trade/sell it to me
-Mike

That so figures. I hate you.

Hmm..after seeing my daughter light up playing WOZ, I might consider trading for that. LOL!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 11 years ago

Yes, a small update would be great for CV. Kill the Copy Cat mode altogether or at least allow it to be disabled. Ditch the "flaw" in Ringmaster Battle that lets you play (and score) forever, killing CV as a tournament game. Neon Multiball a bit more often would be cool but not nearly as easy to get as Strobe on AFM.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Reading through, it seems you actually need to get the mother in law playing to achieve it!

#22 11 years ago

To get Neon MB on the home rom.Defeat the ring master twice without lighting any marvels (easier said than done) Then shoot the side show for Neon MB.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Yes, a small update would be great for CV. Kill the Copy Cat mode altogether or at least allow it to be disabled. Ditch the "flaw" in Ringmaster Battle that lets you play (and score) forever, killing CV as a tournament game. Neon Multiball a bit more often would be cool but not nearly as easy to get as Strobe on AFM.

You can shut off the higher ringmaster battle scoring to cut the nuts off this mode in 2.0

Off to test the 2 RMs/no Marvels theory now

#24 11 years ago

Swing and a miss, no worky on glass-off test. Does machine need to be at factory settings?

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Swing and a miss, no worky on glass-off test. Does machine need to be at factory settings?

I just went and did the glass off test.Not on factory settings.Got neon MB the same as stated before.

RM frenzie marvel will light as it should,then send the ball to the side show for neon MB.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

I just went and did the glass off test.Not on factory settings.Got neon MB the same as stated before.
RM frenzie marvel will light as it should,then send the ball to the side show for neon MB.

I have never heard of this one before. Just tried it and guess what I got. F'ing Copy Cat.

As much as I wish you could force it like this...you can't. It's random and super rare. Maybe your way helps the chances of it, but it doesn't look like it is a guarantee. Too bad.

#27 11 years ago

So fellow Pinsider Eskaybee came over today to check out my HUO CV (that has the Home ROM).

Guess what he got on his first game?

You guessed it: Neon Multiball!

This is the fourth time in four days that I've seen Neon Multiball. Can't complain about that. <knock on wood>

#28 11 years ago

I've only seen this mode once. It's a shame. It's sure cool.

#29 10 years ago

It's pretty bad I have to youtube what it looks like again, despite how well I usually do at CV..

2 weeks later
#30 10 years ago

So low and behold, weird thing, not sure if this did anything or not, but had a game a couple nights ago, on the first sideshow I started flipping both flippers to skip through it, which I never do, and Neon happened. I can't imagine it had any effect, but you know I'll be doing this for another 4 months at least trying to see it again. I almost couldn't believe my eyes when it started.

Despite seeing it many a moon ago, I started thinking it was a myth, just like the female orgasm.

#31 10 years ago

I got Neon MB again yesterday.

Don't mean to rub it in...but...

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's pretty bad I have to youtube what it looks like again, despite how well I usually do at CV..

I have yet to see Neon Multiball in the hundreds of times I've played it. A link to the video of it would be nice. About to call Mythbuster's to see if it actually exists or not.

#33 10 years ago

I have had it link 3 or 4 times in the few months I have had the game. Its pretty cool, yet to beat it and get the extra ball though. Its more common if you start side show after starting another multiball.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I got Neon MB again yesterday.

Don't mean to rub it in...but...

So you get to live in socal with great weather, AND get neon all the time. That's fair...

2 months later
#35 10 years ago

I played CV twice at Swavesey over the weekend and had Neon MB twice. No idea how though, scores weren't that massive (35-40m).

#36 10 years ago

I played 4 games last week and got it in 2 of the games....and only made the side show once each game. Closest I got to completing the 10 was 4 remaining. It is a tough one to complete. I have the original version on the game...never changed.

10 years later
#37 68 days ago

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I own my CV for 5 years, with the 2.0 ROM and never have had the neon multiball. Prior buying it, I have played a lot on my virtual pin, so today I decided to play one game on the virtual, just to see how will compare to the real one. 5 minutes in the play and I get neon mumtiball?? I've never had seen that before, so I went to search and found this post. Right away I went to test defeting the ringmaster twice and going to side show on my real pin Quess what, got neon multiball. It works!

#38 68 days ago

Well done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-do-i-have-to-screw-to-get-neon-multiball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.