Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

anchor.gif
SPIDER.jpg
TRS.jpg
limited.jpg
ohno.jpeg
ST_SM_Comparison.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

i was planning on buying one and i did not just because of price and how many - nothing to do with the game itself as i think it will be awesome - i based it on the price and 799 being made. is anybody not buying because of the same reason.

Yeah I held back, too. Just too high of a price & too many units to do the blind pre-order. I may still get the game - but I'll just get a Premium as I find that price to be reasonable, it has all the same features, & I like the cab/translite art better anyway.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why didn't I pre-order and spend over $8000 on Star Trek LE? Because I still haven't figured out how much customer support came with my $8000+ Metallica LE. That and I am not as enthused as I was on that one. And contrary to popular belief, my money does not grow on trees.

You paid $8000+ for your Metallica LE? Talk to me next time you buy a new game, brotha!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

One reason: STTNG is still the superior game. And it's 20 years older.

We don't know that. None of us have played Stern's new ST.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

But arn't they only 3 color LEDs versus the million color ones used on WOZ?

No, they can change to any color. Prob not as high tech as WOZ, but just cuz WOZ LEDs can change to millions of colors doesn't mean they will actually be programmed to do so or that your eye would tell the difference between 10,000 variations of red. AC/DC and Metallica already have some inserts with the RGB color changing LEDs. Now, while on AC/DC for example, they maybe only use ~10 colors, if you go into the test menus you can monkey with them to see their range. Since the Prem/LE is using these RGB LEDs for all inserts, it's possible that we'll see an impressive full color spectrum light show like WOZ. It all comes down to the code and how it's used.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It is indicated in the features list that GI will also be using RGB LEDs. I'm still trying to figure out if this is accurate and/or what it means.

The GI will be individual color LEDs in sockets in programable zones, like Xmen, Avengers, ACDC, and Met Prem/LEs. The inserts will be able to change to pretty much any color like the color changeable inserts in AC/DC & Met Prem/LEs.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So simple and obvious.
Seems a little inaccurate to call those RGB though.

Well, there's two posibilities.

1.) It's a typo...maybe leftover from Avenger's features (its GI lights literally were Red, Green, and Blue)

2.) I'm wrong and they figured out how to have all the GI lights controllable with full color change FX.

I hope I'm wrong ...but based on the pics, you can kinda see the white, red and blue GI affecting the plastics.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The GI on Stern I believe can only do 3 colors.

Right - cuz it's literally 3 different color bulbs in various zones.

However the inserts can change to any color. Check out an AC/DC LE or Premium... the top lanes, fire button, hell-face and arrows will be different colors for different modes and stuff...there's Red, blue, white, pink, yellow, light blue, light red ...and when you start Multiball the face & button go crazy colors...I'm pretty sure I've seen green purple and others during that MB start sequence.

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

You have METLE selling out 500 in 24 hours .. and STLE is a more anticipated title,

Says who?

Quoted from Eryeal:

has a LOT more fans,

Wheel of Fortune is the most watched TV show on the planet "Fans" doesn't always equal pinball buyers. Marvel fans didn't try to kill each other to buy X-Men or Avengers...but Metallica fans did. There are different types of fans who are willing to spend money on fan-type products. If Star Trek fans had any bearing on pinball, the original 3 ST pins would be priced WAY higher than they are. Star Trek fans don't have passion for the new movies to the point where they'd spend $8k on an LE pinball. They could have Bally ST, DE ST, and STTNG for that price and prob have money left over.

Quoted from Eryeal:

has a better designer

Pinball people know this, but this has little bearing on most people who buy pinball machines.

Quoted from Eryeal:

- I think that justifies a 60% increase in LE production. I could have easily seen them going crazy and doing 1000, 1500, etc. The price increase is another story, but the quantity of LE's I think was the right number to make from a business perspective.

No, making Premiums is the smartest business decision they've made since doing the multi-tier thing. Too many LEs and it's not longer LIMITED. It loses it's edge as a must-have and must-buy-before-everyone-else item. The great thing about the Premium is if you just want the game with all the features but don't give a sh*t about collectibility and hype - the GAME is available for everyone! There's no reason to make 800 LEs if you're making Premiums.

Now, they may in fact sell all 800 LEs...but it won't be instantaneous like Metallica. If they have patience to move units...then I guess it worked out for everyone.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I disagree. The LE has things a premium does not.

Only bling and different art...Premium has all the same playfield features and functionality. It's the Pro that TRULY doesn't have things that only the Prem/LE have.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I thought there was something about those side flashers that the LE has that the premium doesn't. It looks like there are holes for something there anyway . . . if the light show is different that is a big feature difference even if the toys are the same.

It's just red chase lights. My guess is that they'll be tied into whatever the Warp chase lights on the ramp are doing...possibly just a reprogrammed sequence. It's not going to be any massive code based lighting FX like Tron LE...just bling. Cool, lighted bling, but just bling. The Premium is still going to have the light FX that count - color changing GI, color changing inserts, and whatever the laser starfield thingie is.

#417 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who even can say Stern is producing all 799?
I mean if the orders are light, they cold just be selling 499 or whatever number and keep the other 300 for later or when there is a demand. Stern is tight lipped about the numbers produced for a reason

Well it's a bit tricky with the LEs, as there's a plaque on the game that says "#__ of 799" ...so even if they don't complete the run, the public perception will be that there are 799. Allegedly, the only LE that didn't complete its run is Rolling Stones LE. They didn't make 350, even though the plaque says so. If the game is cool, I don't see why they wouldn't eventually build them all. Sell them now, sell them later...it's still a sale.

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Not sure if this has been brought up, but Trekkers have DEEP pockets. They are an older and more affluent generation than say Metallica fans or Transformer fans. This machine was advertised as headline news on Star Trek.com. I have the feeling that this machines sells will reach far outside of the normal pinball circle of buyers. Just a prediction, but I think you'll see a sell out.
Murph

I've said this before and I'll say it again...Trekkies hold TOS and TNG in much higher regard than the new movies. How come they aren't throwing HUGE money at Bally ST, DE ST 25th or STTNG? Those would be the pins Trekkies want. Why would they buy the new movie pin for $8k when they can get all 3 originals for less than $8k?

#500 10 years ago

Have you seen the new movies? They ARE about Kirk and Spock and the old crew. No Spark, though....but there never was.

#504 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That could be a good character though. Maybe Spock's lost and forgotten evil brother.
Spock vs Spark.

Sounds like a Star Trek vs. Metallica thread

#506 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Hwawonyu.....sorry to disappoint you but no melt down today. With the new pinside rules all I can do is tell you how smart, good looking and intelligent you are. Sorry I never bought your X-MEN LE for $5.5K but get over it....life goes on. YOU PROMISED ME I WAS ON IGNORE.....obviously you keep your word....try not to work too hard today. Today is probably the toughest day I have had in months as watching the painters paint my house is wearing me out !!! Almost as tough as yesterday watching the lawn crew mow my lawn.....life is tough for HOP !!!

4 months off and nothing's changed

-Random caps. Check
-Obsessed with game prices. Check
-Repetitive novel length posts about the same thing over and over. Check
-Spamming FS threads. Check
-Reminds everyone how rich and retired he is. Check

Only thing left is that fake account to thumbs-up yourself & another ban

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

However, I am impressed with how much you guys have increased your KARMA POINTS.....I can't even fathom how I could EVER accumulate that many points....

Well, as you saw in your Iron Man Monger issue post - I, uh...ya know...try to HELP people when I can....and I engage people in conversation with observations and rational opinion rather than monologue AT them. No one cares about Karma points...I don't know why you do. It's just something that happens when you post. If they vanished today, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Quoted from houseofpin:

and I have more FREE TIME THEN ANYONE ON HERE so it "blows my mind". Guess I have other interests and things to do with my FREE TIME then post all day and night every day of the week.
Glad to be back at least for a little while....tomorrow is golf and the Caps pre-season opener at Verizon Center. Saturday is the Nationals game and the concert after. Sunday I am going out on my boat.....so I guess my Karma points will not increase much the next few days.....going to miss you guys !!!

Blah blah blah I'm rich blah blah blah I'm retired blah blah blah I'm better than all of you blah blah blah...

No one cares.

Keep bragging, keep being redundant, keep being a hypocrite....maybe if you keep it up a bit more, people will come around and realize what a peach you are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-didnt-buy-stle-because-of-price-and-799-units?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.