Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

anchor.gif
SPIDER.jpg
TRS.jpg
limited.jpg
ohno.jpeg
ST_SM_Comparison.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 10 years ago

I would bet, Stern does not sell out these games at the full pre-order asking price, I still see TF LE for sale on Amazon -- http://www.amazon.com/Stern-Pinball-Transformers-Limited-Edition/dp/B008U7127K/ref=sr_1_1

I would bet the LE do not even sell out or Stern does not even build 799 of them. I mean they are limited to 799 (or less).

I predict that this will be a good game, but with this price combined with price stress (I mean people buying ACDC/MET/Tron and WOZ, maybe Predator, RAZA etc.. that people are running out of handy money or room.

Plus with people like me having got burned with XM LE no good code and Aux board issues etc.. that Stern has lost a lot of good will.

I would love to buy one, but not at this price, I believe the max would be $6900 and I hope that Stern is reading these posts etc..

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I might just buy SM & save 8k

So, you're saying you can get a nib SM for -$100 that's a neat trick.

Probably a 100% low play, near-new SM is around $1500 less not $8000 less.

#244 10 years ago

I had a STTNG, sold it had quite a few problems with the cannons, plus it's 20 years old, it's not like You can buy a new STTNG.

I would like to buy SM as well, but they are not being sold new either. It would be interesting if Stern re-run SM or IM but they don't.

So this is the closest thing to a new SM, but with hopefully better light show and we don't know but it could have good rules and good dots etc.. movie call outs etc..

In the end, I am glad they are making so many LE which I prefer, but I won't buy until I play, so I am glad if they don't sell out all preorders. I would hope the price increase is seen as a major reason it is selling poorly if it does and that if there are unsold units Stern or the dealers will sell for a more sane price such as we see with TFLE which are also unsold at this time.

#298 10 years ago

Side note, but hopefully they produce a more appealing art package for a second premium, I would like the premium price but can't stand the art package.

#370 10 years ago

Every time the same thing, always they say: half are going overseas and these are almost gone. I heard that about Wolverene. I had locked in on XM LE but was undesided on which version. I delayed a day before saying I wanted the wolverine version my dealer gave me BS about how they were all gone. Etc..

It's a tactic to sell as many games as soon as possible, just like Avatar or TAV LE I believe there will be lots of these abilible weeks or months from now.

Not that I'm saying it will be bad, but combine the higher number made, the higher price, the availability of a cheaper premium, the lack of finished code, and the lack of feeding frenzy we saw with Met LE and the fact more people are canceling and no one is begging for a slot.

I predict this is not a sell out for quite a while.

This suites me fine, I'd rather wait and see instead of buying a pig in a poke.

Now a game like Magic Girl or RAZA you might have to buy in advance but those games have no pro no premium and a fraction of the number produced overall. I can actually see buying such games in advance but not one of 799 ST LE

#377 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I hear the play is "unbeleivable"
Damn it!

So did "the pin"

#391 10 years ago

Who even can say Stern is producing all 799?

I mean if the orders are light, they cold just be selling 499 or whatever number and keep the other 300 for later or when there is a demand. Stern is tight lipped about the numbers produced for a reason. If they had sold 3000 Tron or 3000 XM you would think they would want to say it to show that they have a hit.

It's better for Stern to have a somewhat tight supply or to seem as if they are hard to come by, if it looks like a stone cold failure that is not a good way to pre sell. I bought the October run of Tron was said to be 100 batch or 150 batch whatever, made it sell out quick, then few months later they make another 200 or whatnot. If I had known it was going back in production several more times I would not have jumped as quick the first time, and they had said only 100 or whatever small number makes people more urgent to buy now.

Note: I am not saying how good it will play or how good or bad the code is, just talking about how quick it sells out. If they have too many on dealers hands like if you call JJ and he says: I have 3 left. You might buy it, but if he says I have 33 left you might not.

Now go back, if Stern is not stupid, I don't think they are stupid. Maybe arrogant or cheap or whatever but not stupid. If they see the dealers not moving or canceling orders it's possible for them to make less numbers just so the market of unsold is not saturated.

We don't know, just that the number will be 799 or less.

#402 10 years ago

It sure seems to me, again I am just outside looking in, but it seems as if more people are not buying an LE than I have ever seen, and at that its being the highest made LE, should be an interesting thing to watch how it turns out.

But to me, the more LE they make the better since the upward price pressure will be less, and may likely go down even if its a great game.

Plus the fact pointed out it might look too much like SM or STTNG not that that's a bad thing to me, I would prefer it to be a clone of a great game than a unique dud. But this could limit the appeal to people who already own one of those.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Marshfield, MO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-didnt-buy-stle-because-of-price-and-799-units?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.