Topic Stats

• 533 posts
  • 152 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Wolfanoz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

anchor.gif
SPIDER.jpg
TRS.jpg
limited.jpg
ohno.jpeg
ST_SM_Comparison.jpg

There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No Spark, though....but there never was.

That could be a good character though. Maybe Spock's lost and forgotten evil brother.
Spock vs Spark.

#502 5 years ago

Hwawonyu.....sorry to disappoint you but no melt down today. With the new pinside rules all I can do is tell you how smart, good looking and intelligent you are. Sorry I never bought your X-MEN LE for $5.5K but get over it....life goes on. YOU PROMISED ME I WAS ON IGNORE.....obviously you keep your word....try not to work too hard today. Today is probably the toughest day I have had in months as watching the painters paint my house is wearing me out !!! Almost as tough as yesterday watching the lawn crew mow my lawn.....life is tough for HOP !!!

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That could be a good character though. Maybe Spock's lost and forgotten evil brother.
Spock vs Spark.

Sounds like a Star Trek vs. Metallica thread

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Hwawonyu.....sorry to disappoint you but no melt down today. With the new pinside rules all I can do is tell you how smart, good looking and intelligent you are. Sorry I never bought your X-MEN LE for $5.5K but get over it....life goes on. YOU PROMISED ME I WAS ON IGNORE.....obviously you keep your word....try not to work too hard today. Today is probably the toughest day I have had in months as watching the painters paint my house is wearing me out !!! Almost as tough as yesterday watching the lawn crew mow my lawn.....life is tough for HOP !!!

4 months off and nothing's changed

-Random caps. Check
-Obsessed with game prices. Check
-Repetitive novel length posts about the same thing over and over. Check
-Spamming FS threads. Check
-Reminds everyone how rich and retired he is. Check

Only thing left is that fake account to thumbs-up yourself & another ban

#507 5 years ago

As much as I'd like to purchase the LE I'm starting to find myself being priced out of the market at this point. 8k for a NIB LE is pushing just a little too much. Guess I'll just have to go over to my brother's house and play his for free. <edited>

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : No political banter please.

#508 5 years ago

Rare.....I think it was more like 5 months off.....and yes nothing has changed with you either. Hey, I see your Karma point total is fast approaching 100,000 so nothing has changed for you either (i.e. living your life on pinside trying to "get under peoples skin"). Don't worry I promise I will not try for the posting lead this week. I would be golfing today but I wanted to bring in lunch for the painter crew who has been working for almost 2 weeks and doing a great job for me. So since FOR ONCE I had nothing to do I figured I would spend some time on PINSIDE and there you are and my good friend HWAWONYU.....amazing, "some things never change".

However, I am impressed with how much you guys have increased your KARMA POINTS.....I can't even fathom how I could EVER accumulate that many points....and I have more FREE TIME THEN ANYONE ON HERE so it "blows my mind". Guess I have other interests and things to do with my FREE TIME then post all day and night every day of the week.

Glad to be back at least for a little while....tomorrow is golf and the Caps pre-season opener at Verizon Center. Saturday is the Nationals game and the concert after. Sunday I am going out on my boat.....so I guess my Karma points will not increase much the next few days.....going to miss you guys !!!

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Today is probably the toughest day I have had in months as watching the painters paint my house is wearing me out !!! Almost as tough as yesterday watching the lawn crew mow my lawn.....life is tough for HOP !!!

Doesn’t sound tough but, sure sounds dull.

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

However, I am impressed with how much you guys have increased your KARMA POINTS.....I can't even fathom how I could EVER accumulate that many points....

Well, as you saw in your Iron Man Monger issue post - I, uh...ya know...try to HELP people when I can....and I engage people in conversation with observations and rational opinion rather than monologue AT them. No one cares about Karma points...I don't know why you do. It's just something that happens when you post. If they vanished today, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Quoted from houseofpin:

and I have more FREE TIME THEN ANYONE ON HERE so it "blows my mind". Guess I have other interests and things to do with my FREE TIME then post all day and night every day of the week.
Glad to be back at least for a little while....tomorrow is golf and the Caps pre-season opener at Verizon Center. Saturday is the Nationals game and the concert after. Sunday I am going out on my boat.....so I guess my Karma points will not increase much the next few days.....going to miss you guys !!!

Blah blah blah I'm rich blah blah blah I'm retired blah blah blah I'm better than all of you blah blah blah...

No one cares.

Keep bragging, keep being redundant, keep being a hypocrite....maybe if you keep it up a bit more, people will come around and realize what a peach you are.

#511 5 years ago

Wonder if he annoys everyone at those events too?

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well it's a bit tricky with the LEs, as there's a plaque on the game that says "#__ of 799" ...so even if they don't complete the run, the public perception will be that there are 799. Allegedly, the only LE that didn't complete its run is Rolling Stones LE. They didn't make 350, even though the plaque says so. If the game is cool, I don't see why they wouldn't eventually build them all. Sell them now, sell them later...it's still a sale.

I thought Stern sold out to Distributors? They are making them all. They may sit in warehouses but they are making them all.

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Sorry if those "exact words" were never spoken.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was attacking. I like your idea.

I thought it was funny that 'beam me up scotty' gets used so much, but was never said on TOS.

They did say it later, in one of the movies.

#514 5 years ago

houseofpin you have made your position crystal clear to all in this thread. I am asking you to stop posting in this thread to allow others to continue the discussion without your constant reply from this point on.

#515 5 years ago

Rare...any pinsider I have met in person I have no issue with...PERIOD...not one and I have met many. In fact, I would consider most friends. I was appreciative of your help with the IRON MONGER and truly it is you who always have to make comments first....you and a few others.

Truly, a have quite a few pinside friends that reviewed the "back and forth" that got me banned and as many stated "you were the one being stalked". You guys like to "put fuel on the fire" and then certain of us "don't like to take it" and then the issues start. You like to "pull our chain".

You are 500% correct...I feel we are in a BUBBLE caused by a lot of factors. However, I keep adding to my collection because I enjoy the hobby. YOU GUYS should "thank me" as I have definitely helped the demand end of the equation (not many add 14 pins in 6 months at these prices). My goal is to make people aware that this is a HOBBY and NOT A BUSINESS and for some it has become a way to make money rather then just enjoy the pins.

Well thanks for your help on IM. It was good ole Dave's post that annoyed me because he tries to come across "as this great guy" and he always tries to start up with me. We have a word for someone like him in NY but I don't feel like getting another BAN VOTE....sorry Dave no HOP MELTDOWN on pinside......

#517 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

OUTTA HERE until next week

anchor.gif

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.

#519 5 years ago

The price is absurd - so many quality used machines for 1/2 of that.

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I assume you're talking about the price on a Premium StarTrek?
If so, what about the value on the Pro model? For (is it $4800?), it looks to be a pretty good deal if you ask me. Even has some colour changing LEDs.
For some reason, when Pinsiders state the cost of a new pin, they typically quote the LE or the Premium. In my opinion, Stern makes those versions for those of us who just can't get enough and want the bling included!
There's nothing wrong with a Pro model if you're more concerned with value.

#522 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I wonder what this game will do for the pricing and availability of STTNG over the coming year?

I think it depends on whether it's well-received or not after the code is final. IJ is always going to command a premium over IJ4 and I think IJ4's value ends up being capped because the two are always compared.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

every game is limited edition. Once they stop making them, that's it.

Very true. I still ordered the LE but I did it because I prefer the armor and art package. I also like the fact that unlike TFLE, there's no dead space in the playfield like TFLE's IronHide rocker. If the Vengeance moves and spits out pinballs on occasion, I'll be happy.

#523 5 years ago

Where is the off switch on this HOP alien? It is like the whole universe IS him. Sheesh...

#524 5 years ago

Itsssssssss To Muchhhhhhhhh Money !!!!!!!!!!! I like Neo's Math on this. Sorry . I can't pay that extra money for them items , If I want that other stuFF I can buy it later less the sigs and keep my Originals or sell later to recoup some $$$ from this still big Premium Price / Long live the Modders like Pinball Refinery and all the rest

P.S I hope you get one Steve, As I still would like to see one in person =)

#525 5 years ago

So Many Sttngs Have come up for sale to Fund The New one, that is a True Fan of TOS right there ..Lol I love me STTNG and hope to buy one in the near future

#526 5 years ago

It's funny that there's almost as many Star Trek le's as there are total iron mans.

1 week later
#527 5 years ago

666 the number of the beast!

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

It's funny that there's almost as many Star Trek le's as there are total iron mans.

Can that be verified? I don't see a lot of IMs, but are their numbers known.

#529 5 years ago

About 1050 IM.

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Right, I'm just saying that I don't think we'll see a noticeable depreciation in DMD titles (or even pre-DMD) right away. Some JJP fans predicted that the LCD would make the DMD seem "antiquated", but that hasn't happened yet. I DO agree that there are many recent titles where DMD tech was poorly used for movie clips. But titles like AFM and Metallica that have great dots won't feel "stale".
Having said all that, if someone does a Whirlwind DMD project, I might have to jump on that!

I won't comment on depreciation, but the LCD already makes 20-something-year-old DMDs look antiquated. Compared to WOZ or any HD display, DMD displays (esp. animations) look like @$$. Open your eyes.

#531 5 years ago

So when the heck do we get to see the FRIKKIN LASERS? =P

#532 5 years ago

Glad to see the Pros are getting such great reviews!

1 week later
#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So when the heck do we get to see the FRIKKIN LASERS? =P

Have a feeling they're saving those for the Premium and LE editions.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 533 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside