(Topic ID: 143427)

Who Collects Hot Wheels 1:64th Scale Cars?

By swinks

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bax1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200925_180030894 (resized).jpg
Lamborghini (resized).jpg
s2zl1h (resized).jpg
24ersyb (resized).jpg
1fd0ea (resized).jpg
HW-Recent_(resized).JPG
HW-Racks_(resized).JPG
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
625x465_4095566_13189458_1448878665.jpg
625x465_4074948_13107200_1448878079.png
625x465_4075040_13107272_1448877693.png
625x465_2839603_7589159_1448878242.jpg
ClubKitBox.jpg
clubcars2.jpg
P1110183.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

My recent scores: was surprised to find the BTTF and Simpsons family car, haven't seen them since. Also, anyone know where to get nice racks like I have my Ferraris in. I bought a bunch of these many years ago, but have long since filled them. Would love to get some more.

HW-Racks_(resized).JPGHW-Racks_(resized).JPG

HW-Recent_(resized).JPGHW-Recent_(resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#52 8 years ago

I know you guys are mostly collectors but if anybody has any track sets they've acquired and not using I'm looking to buy some. I've hooked my son into playing with the them and we enjoy building tracks and running the cars....already found a couple older tracks on eBay as of late. The cars get opened up and played with a lot so the .99 cent and basic ones work for us....not really collecting the cars. We do enjoy the color changing/shifting cars though. Let me know what you have of this if any. Thanks.

#53 8 years ago

I contacted Mattel in Aus directly and they sold me a heap of tracks for $1 per 3 ft, so worth a try - the kids love them

we also created a game for the kids with the colour changing cars - we get 2 of them for each child and but them in a plastic cup fill it with water and freeze them over night for the next day and then either in the shower or at a water table they defrost the cars and play with the colour changing that way

#54 8 years ago

Actually Swinks I have PLENTY of hot wheels track itself....it's the same price here in all the major retailers and I can get it easily. It's the track sets I'm enjoying with my son. We have a few and enjoy setting them up. The Shark Attack set came with color changers and he loves them......cool idea about freezing them. I'll give that one a try!

The track sets are cool bc they come with various pieces you cant always buy separately....there are some really over the top ones out there.

#55 8 years ago

sorry Pinballerchef "track sets" yeah they are fun and great to mix them up. Toys R Us sometimes gets motors on their own which can never have enough of those but the sets are dearer.

as for the frozen cars the kids call them "Ice Cars" worth a try, a bit of hot water helps them release and then you have a big ice cube with 2 cars

1 year later
#56 6 years ago

I have all the colors of 'Splittin Image'. Original red line. Had a bunch of others but had to sell to get $$$ for pinball. Have to have priorities.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I collect one. The Johnny Lightning 1970 Yellow Corvette that was used for a few different sets.
They used my actual 1970 Corvette for the picture and to model it from.

That's awesome!

We have something in common in addition to our pinball hobby.

I own the real 1965 Nova SS that is pictured on that packaging for the initial Johnny Lightning "Muscle Car USA" series in 1998.

1fd0ea (resized).jpg1fd0ea (resized).jpg

s2zl1h (resized).jpgs2zl1h (resized).jpg

24ersyb (resized).jpg24ersyb (resized).jpg

3 years later
#58 3 years ago

I haven't peeked at these for a while, mostly because I haven't seen anything interesting for a long time, and they've also been moved in the store where I'd normally come across them when picking up groceries.

Anyway, decided to take a look, and spotted something interesting: a licensed set. There used to be all kinds of licensed sets: Ferrari sets, Mustang sets, etc. Well, there's now a Lamborghini set with Veneno, Huracan Super Trofeo, Murcielago Superveloce, and Aventador J.

Lamborghini (resized).jpgLamborghini (resized).jpg

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I haven't peeked at these for a while, mostly because I haven't seen anything interesting for a long time, and they've also been moved in the store where I'd normally come across them when picking up groceries.
Anyway, decided to take a look, and spotted something interesting: a licensed set. There used to be all kinds of licensed sets: Ferrari sets, Mustang sets, etc. Well, there's now a Lamborghini set with Veneno, Huracan Super Trofeo, Murcielago Superveloce, and Aventador J.
[quoted image]

Very nice find. I recently got this Batman 5-pack.

IMG_20200925_180030894 (resized).jpgIMG_20200925_180030894 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#60 3 years ago

so I am thinking about selling all of the hot wheels I have collected. Anyone into collecting still? I have a lot of multiples and some pretty decent supers.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

so I am thinking about selling all of the hot wheels I have collected. Anyone into collecting still? I have a lot of multiples and some pretty decent supers.

I am always on the lookout for beach themed hotwheels and dodge chargers

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I am always on the lookout for beach themed hotwheels and dodge chargers

I need to dig out my boxes and see what I have. I might have some zamac chargers.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-collects-hot-wheels-164th-scale-cars/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.