(Topic ID: 268473)

Who can make replacements for Blackwater 100 ramps?

By sethbenjamin

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jaytech10
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey, so, I recently picked up a Blackwater 100, and it is in pretty good condition.
I intend to do a teardown/restoration on it at some point, and when I do, I would be willing to send the various plastics to somebody who could make reproductions. I've seen where people have had games where the plastic obstacles were broken and rendered their game unplayable. I'd take on the project myself but just I don't have the skills to tackle 3D scanning/plastic molding.
Just interested in doing this for the benefit of the hobby. I saw that they've made Whitewater reproductions (obviously a more popular title), so someone is doing this...

#2 4 years ago

Edit, scratch that....

#3 4 years ago

If you find a source, I’m definitely interested

#4 4 years ago

Freeplay40 makes a lot of repro ramps

#5 4 years ago

I would be in for all of the ramps on BW100 as well as Escape From The Lost World. Every example I have seen of these 2 titles needs ramps.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Freeplay40 makes a lot of repro ramps

Problem here is that these ramps have graphics printed on them, and are a lot larger/deeper than the kinds Freeplay has done in the past. If they were vaccu-formed it would've involved a BIG form and some large sheets of plastic, which probably wouldn't fit in the average kitchen oven...

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:Problem here is that these ramps have graphics printed on them, and are a lot larger/deeper than the kinds Freeplay has done in the past. If they were vaccu-formed it would've involved a BIG form and some large sheets of plastic, which probably wouldn't fit in the average kitchen oven...

I know that ramps for these titles would be far more difficult to make.... I would expect to pay 2x or 3x the price compared to any "average" ramp. I personaly would pay $700+ for a set of all of the vacuum formed pieces for either of these titles.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I know that ramps for these titles would be far more difficult to make.... I would expect to pay 2x or 3x the price compared to any "average" ramp. I personaly would pay $700+ for a set of all of the vacuum formed pieces for either of these titles.

I imagine it would be costly for whoever was able to make the reproductions, so your estimate might not be so far off. A lot of time involved for sure. I've always admired Blackwater for its outside-the-box design, I can't imagine somebody won't be interested in making repro plastic features at some point.

2 years later
#9 1 year ago

I'm going to pursue it in months to come. Hopefully I can get another machine to buy and pp has the artwork somewhere for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.