Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tezting
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverWings.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Dry transfers would probably yield the highest quality result, but wow are they expensive! I've gotten price data from 4 sources now, and to do a single apron would cost well over $200.00 - but there is another way: DecalProFX.

https://decalprofx.com/

I have the decalpro system myself, and can vouch for the process. It does work, but takes some practice. So far, I've only done rather small lettering in black and white for an aircraft instrument panel. It did turn out superb! The quality of the decal paper you use, and the quality of the laser print itself is of supreme importance. Of course, the decal itself is incredibly thin, so opacity is a concern. That's why the quality of the laser print matters so much. Also, the decal is somewhat fragile so it will have to get cleared as the final step.

The DecalPro decals should look good when applied atop a white background, so I'm hoping the older Gottlieb apron I want to do will turn out nice. Will post pics if it looks good.

#10 5 years ago

tezting - looking at Terminator 2: Judgment Day in theory yes DecalPro would work but due to the size of the graphics it would be a very difficult job. DecalPro works well when dealing with smaller images, like under 3x6 inches or so. And dry transfers would cost well north of $300.

A vinyl graphics shop could easily cut that out if they have a couple blue tones in stock that you like. I'd guess the charge for doing the whole thing wouldn't exceed $50.00.

Looking at the fairly simple artwork there with its straight line layout, it also could be airbrushed and then cleared. Not a hard image to replicate that way, for somebody who has some talent with the airbrush. The hardest part of that job would be cutting out the stencils.

#13 5 years ago

I've taken aprons to Kinkos for scanning. They did a high res (600 dpi) 2-part scan for only 4 bucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 21.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverWings.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-can-make-apron-stencils?tu=SilverWings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.