(Topic ID: 261525)

Who buys the majority of new Pins, Op's or Home use?

By MK6PIN

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Coindork
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Why do you buy machines?”

• Purchased for home use only 90 votes
      85%
    • Purchased for commercial use 16 votes
      15%

(106 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

You wonder when a true "HUO" machine would be coming, with no coin mechs ( on purpose)?

Stern Spiderman - Home Edition, I don't think it sold too well.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

odin got me thinking about this last night (yes, I have no life) when he disagreed w people calling pinball machines "toys" in another thread.
    I think his point was very valid, yet many that own these things now only see the money slot as a nostalgic carryover.

More of a hobby than a toy collection ... just like many analogies could be made. But could just be considered toys by some, I can see their point.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What percentage made ships out of the US?
    What does the scene look like in Europe for location Play?

Gary Stern mentioned that number in a Pinburgh presentation back in 2018. I think he said it was about 40% or so (Someone would have to search for it). NASCAR didn't sell well because it is not popular internationally, so they re-skinned it to be Grand Prix to try to sell some more internationally. Sports themes in general don't sell well.

Some interesting stuff in that presentation - like they will never do a wide body pin again.

Jack from Jersey Jack said in one of his presentations at one of the shows that international sales was a pretty significant chunk (if I remember right it was above 30%).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingbw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-buys-the-majority-of-new-pins-op-s-or-home-use?tu=kingbw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.