(Topic ID: 168650)

Who bought the $512 Asteroid Annie plastics?

By radium

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jibmums
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

So these NOS Asteroid Annie plastics went for $512.

Who bought 'em? Step forward so that we can honor you properly.

ebay.com link

#4 3 years ago

Probably the same guy that bought this...

ebay.com link » Nos White Water Topper Decal With New White Topper

#5 3 years ago

Holy cow... and there were two bidders over $500. An amazing machine, and someone wasn't afraid to invest in theirs!

#6 3 years ago

I thought that Pinball Resource still had these in stock?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

That would be kind of funny. It would make sense as well since PBR doesn't have much of a presence online. If you were new, you wouldn't know about them.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

Doesn't look like it.

http://pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm

#9 3 years ago

PBResource does not have any Annie plastics... Steve has confirmed this with me on more than one occasion.

#10 3 years ago

I bid on them. Figured it would go for a few bills, but man... $500... ouch.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

PBResource does not have any Annie plastics... Steve has confirmed this with me on more than one occasion.

He used to many moons ago.

#12 3 years ago

I bid on them because one plastic in my asteroid annie is broken. But no way at 500$

#13 3 years ago

Just a note, even if it might not be listed on his site, it is still prudent to ask via email or call.

That was my case for plastics for City of Gold.

#14 3 years ago

Looks like its time to dig out my old plastic set in one of my boxes.

Actually, come to think of it, it is an even better time again to start selling NOS parts.
Let me see how high the insanity decides to go.
Let us have some fun.

Just like the Ebay parts wars back in 2000-2001.

Username:
wa-state-pinball-stronghold

First up for the flying circus, Both NOS factory packaged ToM ramps with full decals, microswitches, and assemblies.
Coming to a "theatre" near you soon.
Watch the fun in the next week or so.

#15 3 years ago

Those were good selling times.
Ebay myself under doughslingers. Golden days for arcade parts too.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I bid on them. Figured it would go for a few bills, but man... $500... ouch.

When did you pick up an Annie?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Another set just popped up for a few bucks more.
ebay.com link » Nos Asteroid Annie And The Aliens Plastic Set Gottlieb Pinball Playfield Rare

Save a few bucks and get these...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nos-asteroid-annie-and-the-aliens-plastics-set#post-3345835

#19 3 years ago

"Only selling because I have two extra sets for my game."
....... and you saw a set just sell for more than a whole decent EM game sells for. HA

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Just like the Ebay parts wars back in 2000-2001.

Way before my time.......what happened?

#21 3 years ago

Just seeing this now..

Holy crap.

I've got all my plastics scanned and was seriously looking in to doing a small repro run to help fellow Annie owners.

Its probably the same guy that paid thousands for the NOS Annie backglass... I wanted that too, just not that bad... I would love to have NOS BG and plastics to go with my NOS playfield

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Way before my time.......what happened?

WMS factory closeout sales and Chicago "dumpster diving" which immediately were redirected to Ebay for immense profit.

The WMS factory at one point had to install locks and chains on their dumpsters, and eventually guards for a period.

Basically, due to the uncertainty of any potential pinball parts being made in the future as reproductions for parts were smaller (including stupid things like coils, coil sleeves, and rubber rings), NOS parts especially ramps went for some highest prices ever recorded in pinball history.

We are talking assemblies going for over $1000, not just items like playfields.

Prices for games right now may be insane, but people really have no idea how bad things can get.

#23 3 years ago

me and my proxy bid was actually higher
HAPPY!

#24 3 years ago

WMS factory closeout sales and Chicago "dumpster diving" which immediately were redirected to Ebay for immense profit.
The WMS factory at one point had to install locks and chains on their dumpsters, and eventually guards for a period.
Basically, due to the uncertainty of any potential pinball parts being made in the future as reproductions for parts were smaller (including stupid things like coils, coil sleeves, and rubber rings), NOS parts especially ramps went for some highest prices ever recorded in pinball history.

Thanks for sharing that bit of pinball history with us xTBKx.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Just seeing this now..
Holy crap.
I've got all my plastics scanned and was seriously looking in to doing a small repro run to help fellow Annie owners.
Its probably the same guy that paid thousands for the NOS Annie backglass... I wanted that too, just not that bad... I would love to have NOS BG and plastics to go with my NOS playfield

That would be great! If you do go ahead with them I'd definatly be in for a set.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from BoP:

If you do go ahead with them I'd definatly be in for a set.

+1

#27 3 years ago

Prices for games right now may be insane, but people really have no idea how bad things can get.

Crazy times, I wish I'd gotten into the hobby twenty years ago and seen all the fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Oxford, PA
€ 8.40
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 55.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 109.99
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 159.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside