You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a86d00cc9f228c8d80448a9792215be4 (resized).jpeg
2AA4B411-342D-43AA-B9FB-F7AA62F9C42F (resized).png
23A274CB-68D0-4544-8478-3B73B7C2B0FF (resized).jpeg
s_5a7613b59d20f0005ef3ee6d (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i always loved the whoa nellie gameplay, myself. but that's me.

I thought it was fun, both in the original EM version and the digital remake from Stern. But fun in the same way I enjoy EM games, for the simple challenge that keeps you trying 'one more time'. Cool for location, or playing your friend's, not something to drop a ton of money on, because it's not likely to last long.

I went through an EM phase and enjoyed having them, and then tired of the shallow experience and sold them. When you're in the under/over $1000 price range it's no big deal to try things out like that. $8500 doesn't do it for me, for that price I want something more. I love my TNA but I wouldn't have spent more than I did on it, for the same reason, and that game offers more imo.

Primus is definitely the coolest version, if you have the money and want a Woah Nellie get that one.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

who is this "us" you speak of? does that include me? cuz i bought 2 of em. so based on your theory, you and I differ how?

You have $17,000 lying around and Whysnow doesn't? Or, should say you did, now you've got a couple pinballs.

What's the pay to play on that Primus at Jackbar? $1 a game or so? Just curious how routing something like that works. 8500 games played to break even just seems wild to me as a business model, but I'm assuming the coin drop is just a side gig and the money is in the drinks.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

You nailed it. the machines are an attraction, and my personal passion. they maybe break even after awhile. but the booze is where we pay the bills

Makes sense! And I hear everyone else about value of games, it's no different than hobby level collecting really. You buy into a game, but if you can trade or sell it you're getting the next one 'cheap'. So it's a sunk cost that pays back into your system really.

Trick is to sell or trade, and not just acquire more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-bought-a-primus?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.