You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a86d00cc9f228c8d80448a9792215be4 (resized).jpeg
2AA4B411-342D-43AA-B9FB-F7AA62F9C42F (resized).png
23A274CB-68D0-4544-8478-3B73B7C2B0FF (resized).jpeg
s_5a7613b59d20f0005ef3ee6d (resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

just got my order in for a Primus to go in Jackbar in Brooklyn. anyone else taking the plunge?

-jon - Jackbar

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

just got my order in for a Primus to go in Jackbar in Brooklyn. anyone else taking the plunge?
-jon - Jackbar

BOOOOOOOOOM!

#3 5 years ago

where did you order it from?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

where did you order it from?

You can only buy it from their site.

https://clubbastardo.themerchcollective.com/collections/primus-pinball/products/primus-custom-pinball-machine-limited-edition-signed

You can only add 13 curb, 10 inside and 6 white glove service pins to cart currently so they are getting down there.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

You can only buy it from their site.
https://clubbastardo.themerchcollective.com/collections/primus-pinball/products/primus-custom-pinball-machine-limited-edition-signed
You can only add 13 curb, 10 inside and 6 white glove service pins to cart currently so they are getting down there.

Shows 46 games still available.

#6 5 years ago

so they sold a bit more than half in the first day. i wonder what the expectations are.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

so they sold a bit more than half in the first day. i wonder what the expectations are.

To sell them all.

#8 5 years ago

I bought a Primus.... t-shirt.

s_5a7613b59d20f0005ef3ee6d (resized).jpgs_5a7613b59d20f0005ef3ee6d (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Shows 46 games still available.

54 is 44 more than beatles store has sold since release. Primus>Beatles confirmed.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

54 is 44 more than beatles store has sold since release. Primus>Beatles confirmed.

Primus web site also updated regularly!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Primus web site also updated regularly!

At least beatles store has a competent staff that keeps it fresh. You have to look for the positives and not obsess over not getting your phone call from batman.

#12 5 years ago

Isn't that just Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons in a new art package? Yes It is, didn't they use that for PBR also?
Weak

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Isn't that just Whoa Nellie Big Juicy Melons in a new art package? Yes It is, didn't they use that for PBR also?

I'm guessing they are going to keep on using it.

It's either that or break out the old Stern Rawhide playfields. Or perhaps even some leftover Chicago Coin stock.

#14 5 years ago

Whoa Primus, yep

#15 5 years ago

looks like there's only about 8-10 left.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

Weak

23A274CB-68D0-4544-8478-3B73B7C2B0FF (resized).jpeg23A274CB-68D0-4544-8478-3B73B7C2B0FF (resized).jpeg
#17 5 years ago

I like it but not $8K like it. You have to be a true fan or collector to pony up the money on another re-theme of this playfield.
Stern is cashing in on left over stock that's for sure.
-Mike

#18 5 years ago

i always loved the whoa nellie gameplay, myself. but that's me.

#19 5 years ago

There was a time when Sam Stern owned Williams.

I wonder if they might revisit some of those great Williams layouts from the late 50s and early 60s.

#20 5 years ago

What’s the layout on this game anyway?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

seawitch?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Two stand up targets and eight star rollover buttons.

#23 5 years ago

I see 12 machines left. Should be sold out soon.

Not for me, but good for Stern, Primus, developers and fans. Quick sale at asking price. Seems like everyone wins.

Edit: Correction, 50 additional games available from the "Stern" option.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Ok, I'll have to agree I do like the play of that game. Definately a nitch collector item and if they sell then it's all good.
Would certainly play one if I saw it in the wild I'll take back my 'weak' comment in hindsite. It's pinball after all!

#25 5 years ago

Oh! Sorry, I hadn’t caught on that this is a retheme. The Beatles comments sure make a hell of a lot more sense now.

#26 5 years ago

I’ll take 150 of them

2AA4B411-342D-43AA-B9FB-F7AA62F9C42F (resized).png2AA4B411-342D-43AA-B9FB-F7AA62F9C42F (resized).png
#27 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I thought it was fun, both in the original EM version and the digital remake from Stern. But fun in the same way I enjoy EM games, for the simple challenge that keeps you trying 'one more time'. Cool for location, or playing your friend's, not something to drop a ton of money on, because it's not likely to last long.

I went through an EM phase and enjoyed having them, and then tired of the shallow experience and sold them. When you're in the under/over $1000 price range it's no big deal to try things out like that. $8500 doesn't do it for me, for that price I want something more. I love my TNA but I wouldn't have spent more than I did on it, for the same reason, and that game offers more imo.

Primus is definitely the coolest version, if you have the money and want a Woah Nellie get that one.

#28 5 years ago

It's perfect for the kind of pinball person that likes a game like El Dorado so much, he goes out and buys a Target Alpha and Solar City as well.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's perfect for the kind of pinball person that likes a game like El Dorado so much, he goes out and buys a Target Alpha and Solar city as well.

It actually would be pretty awesome to see all 3 versions of the game sitting side-by-side. Maybe Stern will do that at a show one day.

#30 5 years ago

I want to see all three of these and the next three lined up next to each other. That makes six.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Primus is definitely the coolest version, if you have the money and want a Woah Nellie get that one.

I still prefer the Pabst version myself. Not a fan of the predominantly featured bald headed Primus character.

As a former owner, the issue I ultimately have with the game (regardless of version) is the limited code - even for an EM remake. The gameplay could really benefit from 1) a greater reward for completing the top rollovers and then shooting the saucer and 2) bonus point scoring.

#32 5 years ago

How long after the final one is sold do we see them on Ebay or Pinside for $20k?

#33 5 years ago

Just checked.

Only 8 left!!!!!

#34 5 years ago

Yeah, but if you pick “Stern/Distributor” drop down you can load up 50.
Which leaves...
8 for liftgate.
2 for inside.
2 for white glove.

C’mon Primus!
Mama Didn’t Raise No Fool!

#35 5 years ago

Cap'n Andy says two weeks!

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

How long after the final one is sold do we see them on Ebay or Pinside for $20k?

a86d00cc9f228c8d80448a9792215be4 (resized).jpega86d00cc9f228c8d80448a9792215be4 (resized).jpeg
#36 5 years ago

Are the games built and ready to ship?

#37 5 years ago

i'm being told 2nd week in december.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Hmm, Stern gonna be busy..let's see if that happens

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Ima need to get my ass to Jackbar. Heard you’re also getting Beatles! Strong!

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing they are going to keep on using it.
It's either that or break out the old Stern Rawhide playfields. Or perhaps even some leftover Chicago Coin stock.

Rethemed WWE might have made a much more interesting Primus, but there's the whole software thing...

Of course they could have put a Primus wrapper on it by fronting the game with an animation of Primus tripping and all the wrestling is part of their trip. Change the names of everything to weird and make the announce goofy and it could have been pretty fun.

#41 5 years ago

Isn’t there still 50 signed KISS LE machines sitting in a warehouse somewhere?

#42 5 years ago

Man. This has been killin me. I just can't justify three nice machines over one though. In other words I can't afford it right now sad face.
*he shook my hand, and walked away

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Isn’t there still 50 signed KISS LE machines sitting in a warehouse somewhere?

No. However many were left were sold to distributors for regular price with the autograph cards included.
KISS never took delivery of those games. They sent Stern the signed cards and any sold were shipped from Stern.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man. This has been killin me. I just can't justify three nice machines over one though. In other words I can't afford it right now sad face.
*he shook my hand, and walked away

I hear ya! But don't lose hope.

Soon I will be putting together a list of 100 people to each get in on my Planter's themed game using a Tron playfield and I will make sure to keep one spot open for you, my friend.

#45 5 years ago

Just to make Les proud I bought a FT though fish on.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just to make Les proud I bought a FT though fish on.

much better game and a fraction of the cost!

Easy to get caught up in the hype of a new game with fancy green everything, but gotta be honest to ourselves. That Fing thing aint worth that money and was not intended for us. Same for Beatles... These games are not meant for us. If you really want one, then wait it out and pick one up when the Beatles fan passes in a few years or the Primus fan ODs in the next year

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

These games are not meant for us. If you really want one, then wait it out and pick one up when the Beatles fan passes in a few years or the Primus fan ODs in the next year

who is this "us" you speak of? does that include me? cuz i bought 2 of em. so based on your theory, you and I differ how?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

who is this "us" you speak of? does that include me? cuz i bought 2 of em. so based on your theory, you and I differ how?

You have $17,000 lying around and Whysnow doesn't? Or, should say you did, now you've got a couple pinballs.

What's the pay to play on that Primus at Jackbar? $1 a game or so? Just curious how routing something like that works. 8500 games played to break even just seems wild to me as a business model, but I'm assuming the coin drop is just a side gig and the money is in the drinks.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Quoted from Aurich:

You have $17,000 lying around and Whysnow doesn't?

Bingo!

My guess is the second was also bought as a collectible investment? hoping it goes up in value?

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

8500 games played to break even just seems wild to me as a business model

In fairness, you're left with a routed but still very limited game, which is way more than break even. Profit could be found after a couple thousand plays, or maybe even zero plays if these things somehow appreciate in value.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hardware
86Pixels
Hardware
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-bought-a-primus?hl=londonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.