Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by turbo2nr
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

a86d00cc9f228c8d80448a9792215be4 (resized).jpeg
2AA4B411-342D-43AA-B9FB-F7AA62F9C42F (resized).png
23A274CB-68D0-4544-8478-3B73B7C2B0FF (resized).jpeg
s_5a7613b59d20f0005ef3ee6d (resized).jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's the pay to play on that Primus at Jackbar? $1 a game or so? Just curious how routing something like that works. 8500 games played to break even just seems wild to me as a business model, but I'm assuming the coin drop is just a side gig and the money is in the drinks.

Aurich You nailed it. the machines are an attraction, and my personal passion. they maybe break even after awhile. but the booze is where we pay the bills. i bought the second machine for my personal collection, never to be routed. as i mentioned before, i'm a big fan of the WNBJM gameplay, and this table is IMHO a beautiful addition.

#52 5 months ago

Just had a co-worker talk to me at the water cooler about the Primus game. He doesn't play pinball but is a fan of Primus. In his mind its the best pinball ever. I mentioned it was a re theme of a existing game, didn't care wants to add it to his rec room. He found about it through the metal injunction website.

#53 5 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What's the pay to play on that Primus at Jackbar? $1 a game or so? Just curious how routing something like that works. 8500 games played to break even just seems wild to me as a business model, but I'm assuming the coin drop is just a side gig and the money is in the drinks.

It's also not like the old days where that $8500 pin will be worth $0 in 5 years.

It will be worth $5,000. Or $6,000. Or $8,000.

Buying games to route really isn't such a terrible investment anymore considering how strong the aftermarket is. I know an op in NYC who is getting $3,500 for beat to shit Stern Star Treks he had on route for years. And he might be selling them too cheap.

#54 5 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You have $17,000 lying around and Whysnow doesn't? Or, should say you did, now you've got a couple pinballs.

7,000 plays per year is totally doable. With that rate it would be paid off in under 18 months easily including cleaning trips. Residual value of the game is just gravy on top.

#55 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

You nailed it. the machines are an attraction, and my personal passion. they maybe break even after awhile. but the booze is where we pay the bills

Makes sense! And I hear everyone else about value of games, it's no different than hobby level collecting really. You buy into a game, but if you can trade or sell it you're getting the next one 'cheap'. So it's a sunk cost that pays back into your system really.

Trick is to sell or trade, and not just acquire more.

#56 5 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

i can use from learning that trick!

#57 5 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

i dont know that trick...

#58 5 months ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i can use from learning that trick!

Somehow I managed to pry that Premier Freddy out of your grip!!!

And then you laughed at me for owning that and a Waterworld when you came by.

#59 5 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somehow I managed to pry that Premier Freddy out of your grip!!!

And then you laughed at me for owning that and a Waterworld when you came by.

You just need a Street fighter II to complete the trifecta.

#60 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

You just need a Street fighter II to complete the trifecta.

Believe me, I'd buy one if it were cheap enough. 600 bucks is cheap enough.

#61 5 months ago

I remember one night we had three people and Big Hurt, Gladiators and Barb Wire were all getting played at the same time. It was a Gottlieb/ Premier harmonic moment.

#62 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I remember one night we had three people and Big Hurt, Gladiators and Barb Wire were all getting played at the same time. It was a Gottlieb/ Premier harmonic moment.

That sounds like a nice trip to the arcade in Hell.

#63 5 months ago

It was a trip alright.

#64 5 months ago

Bought one . Love the art. Was going to get a Nellie but this one looks much better. Putting in my shop as a rarity
Beside others that bring people in to play. Should I have spent that amount on this ? Probably could have picked up
another Mideval Madness or another game with the money but happy with my decision. I like Primus and the music fits
well with pinball. And many of my regular customers are excited to be able to play it soon. Hell , I bought a Beatles to
sit next to my Seawitch. LOVE PINBALL.

#65 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Bought one . Love the art. Was going to get a Nellie but this one looks much better. Putting in my shop as a rarity
Beside others that bring people in to play. Should I have spent that amount on this ? Probably could have picked up
another Mideval Madness or another game with the money but happy with my decision. I like Primus and the music fits
well with pinball. And many of my regular customers are excited to be able to play it soon. Hell , I bought a Beatles to
sit next to my Seawitch. LOVE PINBALL.

It amuses me when I see someone post "$8,000 for a Primus? Why, I could buy one and a half Deadpools for that price!!! Beatles?! I could buy a brand new Monster Bash remake for the same money!!!!"

I mean, that's all well and good, but doesn't help you much if you want a Primus or a Beatles.

5 months later
#66 12 days ago

Sold out a while ago. I think everyone is keeping them?

Music City in Nashville may have a new One, but it ain't cheap.

That's the One on eBay.

WNBJM, PBRCC, and Primus can all swap codes.
I tried all in my Primus. No issues.
The sound system is AMAZING on the Primus.
10x better than a Metallica Pro I had with the standard sound from Stern.
Screen-printed, real glass for backglass.

Is WNBJM and PBRCC also real glass??

Anyone seen a WNBJM or PBRCC, or Primus for sale??
Well then, there ya go!
Apparently Stern made just enough for the fans who would enjoy them it seems.
Got me back into pinball! Thanks Stern and Primus!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/296285734319273/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 159.00
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 329.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 109.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7,500.00
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 149.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside