(Topic ID: 22614)

Who are these guys and why are they so cheap?

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm looking for a couple wire gates for this SP I just bought. I googled the part number and found my part at all the normal places. Prices ranged from $9-$12. Then I stuble upon

http://www.betson.com/

They have them listed instock at $1.32. Has anyone ordered from them? They have locations listed all over the US in their "contact us" section.

#2 11 years ago

As far as I know you can order from Betson with confidence. They have been an amusement distributor for quite some time.

#3 11 years ago

Yes Betson Enterprises is a good company. I've ordered monitors from them.

#4 11 years ago

I think they have a location by me in Baltimore. Haven't ever bought anything from them but have seen plenty of ebay items they have listed that looked decent.

#5 11 years ago

Oh, they're just the biggest company in the coin-op business.

Noob

#6 11 years ago

Betson Enterprises is several things:

World's largest game route and vending machine route operator.

Second largest game parts distributor (Happ Controls is #1)

Game manufacturer (Betson Big Choice cranes and other equip).

Several branch offices all over the USA where you can walk in and buy parts.

World's largest billiard equipment supplier through their Imperial International division.

Been in business a long time.

Exclusive USA distributor of genuine Peter Chou power supplies and parts to repair them.

#7 11 years ago

That website is a mess. I tried searching some parts and couldn't find anything - including this ball gate.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That website is a mess. I tried searching some parts and couldn't find anything - including this ball gate.

You're supposed to call them or else ask for their huge hard copy catalog. You need to have an account with them to place an order, unless you just happen to walk into one of their branch offices.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I just googled the part # and they were the third or forth. I'd did look as if I would play hell finding my way back to the page once I left.

Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Noob

Really? Noob? Does that mean I get to call you an old fart?

I'm sure there's lots about the coin op industry I'm not familiar with. That's not an aspect of the hobby I've paid any attention to. I'm into pinball machines for home use. Crain machines and the such I have no interest in. I'm sure you more seasoned gentleman who have worked in or near the coin op business could tell me just about everything about every coin op business in the last 50 years. But that was all before my collecting time and I'm not into history.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from the_pin_family:

... I'm sure you more seasoned gentleman who have worked in or near the coin op business could tell me just about everything about every coin op business in the last 50 years. But that was all before my collecting time and I'm not into history.

Only if you consider someone in their late 20s an old fart I have been in the coin-op business for over 12 years, although that hardly makes me seasoned. Ironically, we've indirectly crossed paths before about a few machines that you believed to be near collector quality and I thought were hardly average. It's all relative

You can order from Betson if you have an account (mentioned above), but you must always have the part number(s) handy. Prices are some of the best if they carry it.

FYI, Betson also plays a large role in the pinball market. Certain branch managers have been reaching out and buying up machines via eBay, Craigslist, and auctions, as well as offering ops increasingly higher prices on used pinball machines with no hassles.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

You're supposed to call them or else ask for their huge hard copy catalog. You need to have an account with them to place an order, unless you just happen to walk into one of their branch offices.

Agreed. It's a mess. Catalog and phone service? this ain't Sears. It's almost 2013. You got to be kidding. They need to get with the program.

#12 11 years ago

pinballx said:

Noob

LOL!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Only if you consider someone in their late 20s an old fart I have been in the coin-op business for over 12 years, although that hardly makes me seasoned. Ironically, we've indirectly crossed paths before about a few machines that you believed to be near collector quality and I thought were hardly average. It's all relative
You can order from Betson if you have an account (mentioned above), but you must always have the part number(s) handy. Prices are some of the best if they carry it.
FYI, Betson also plays a large role in the pinball market. Certain branch managers have been reaching out and buying up machines via eBay, Craigslist, and auctions, as well as offering ops increasingly higher prices on used pinball machines with no hassles.

We sir have never crossed paths. Directly or in directly. How about you throw some facts in with your slander. You need to get your facts straight before you start throwing bull shit around.

#14 11 years ago

We sir have never crossed paths. Directly or in directly. ...

PM sent with link. Really not that big a deal. Moving on...

#15 11 years ago

Check and mate.

#16 11 years ago

$30 for a solenoid?????

#17 11 years ago

Not every place selling parts have a 100% mark up.

#18 11 years ago

We sir have never crossed paths. Directly or in directly. How about you throw some facts in with your slander. You need to get your facts straight before you start throwing bull shit around.

^^^ needs to look up the definition of 'slander'

#19 11 years ago

I know the name for sure but I do not believe I have ever ordered anything directly from them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-are-these-guys-and-why-are-they-so-cheap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.