Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jrrdw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    #1 12 years ago

Who are the moderators here on Pinside?

Sealclubber, who else?

#2 12 years ago

Hellodeadcity is one I think and of course Robin

#3 12 years ago

Do any of them possess banhammers?

#4 12 years ago

Pretty positive they do. Why, who you got in mind?

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from PwninShiznat:

Pretty positive they do. Why, who you got in mind?

I like the smiley at the end there PwninShiznat...I don't think you really need an answer...right?

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

I like the smiley at the end there PwninShiznat...I don't think you really need an answer...right?

ROFL, you nailed it.

#7 12 years ago

PwininShiznat and jayhawkai, why do you guys keep your location a secret? Is there a major reason? Just wondering, I like to know where everyone is to try and make local connections. Not a big deal, like I said I was just wondering.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

PwininShiznat and jayhawkai, why do you guys keep your location a secret? Is there a major reason?

Ummm....back atcha JWW? lol

#9 12 years ago

Assuming that the same peeps who are reading the "other" thread are also reading here, the easiest way to shut up the insipid is to completely ignore EVERYTHING they say. It's no different than ignoring a screaming child trying to get your attention for another piece of candy.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Ummm....back atcha JWW? lol

That is wierd, I guess I had hid that at one time or another because it use to be listed. BTW, T_G are you still making plans for next year or has that deminished?

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Assuming that the same peeps who are reading the "other" thread are also reading here, the easiest way to shut up the insipid is to completely ignore EVERYTHING they say.

Good point, sir

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

T_G are you still making plans for next year or has that deminished?

Plans are being made. I need to put together a better set of information. June and July are my busiest months so hopefully I can get it together soon.

#13 12 years ago

T_G, no problem sir, I just had not heard anything in a while about it so I was wondering. Thanx.

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Assuming that the same peeps who are reading the "other" thread are also reading here, the easiest way to shut up the insipid is to completely ignore EVERYTHING they say. It's no different than ignoring a screaming child trying to get your attention for another piece of candy.

Well put TG.

#15 12 years ago

I'm a pinside member since 2008 and also a Moderator
    if you have a problem with a thread or a major spelling snafu feel free to Pm me and I'll fix it for you.

I'd also like to take the time to thank the members on pinside for being more mature/adult and not going with the childish name calling or threats that I've seen on other game/pinball sites when P.O.V. s clash.
    We may not always see eye to eye but as long as we try to keep a 'Class' through out the forum post I'd be happy.

#16 12 years ago

I just had not heard anything in a while about it so I was wondering.

Just because he is an ape- doesn't mean that he forgets about things in just one month!
    Cut him some slack...

Can't you see he's training for the 3rd Annual "Greater Iowa 26K Ape Run and Feces Toss"!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

It's HIS time to shine!
    You can do it TG!
    Your an animal!
    I want you to eat lightning and crap thunder at this thing!!! (As dangerously painful as that sounds...)
    Go get em' champ!
    Eye of the GorillaTiger!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

as long as we try to keep a 'Class' through out the forum post I'd be happy.

Whoops!
    Sorry Autumn... I will try to keep things "SuperClassy" for you from now on!!!

So, I was playing TAF the other day....

#18 12 years ago

That's a lot of gorillas Nimble Pin
    You wouldn't be trying to 'leak' out the next Stern pin would you?

#19 12 years ago

Mayyybeee...

'Congo 2' "Electric Boogaloo" Spring 2012. (Gomez-Sheats-Ritchie-Borg!)

Don't believe me?

I sure hope JJP has something to answer this future Stern, "Master-piza"...

#20 12 years ago

Have you guys ever heard of a forum term "thread-jacking"? It's when a member post about a totally different subject then what the title suggest and authoring post.

Example: Who Are The Mods....

The thread-jacker -

Quoted from jwwhite15:PwininShiznat and jayhawkai, why do you guys keep your location a secret? Is there a major reason? Just wondering, I like to know where everyone is to try and make local connections. Not a big deal, like I said I was just wondering.

Get the point, sorry for sounding like a prick about it but all I wanted to know was who the moderators are.

Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I'm a pinside member since 2008 and also a Moderator
    if you have a problem with a thread or a major spelling snafu feel free to Pm me and I'll fix it for you.

I'd also like to take the time to thank the members on pinside for being more mature/adult and not going with the childish name calling or threats that I've seen on other game/pinball sites when P.O.V. s clash.
    We may not always see eye to eye but as long as we try to keep a 'Class' through out the forum post I'd be happy.

That's man, that's good info to know so we don't have to bug Robin every time...

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Can't you see he's training for the 3rd Annual "Greater Iowa 26K Ape Run and Feces Toss"!

Again, you send me in to a Mt Dew spewing fit. Thanks.

Quoted from NimblePin:

Sorry Autumn...

Who?

Quoted from jrrdw:

Have you guys ever heard of a forum term "thread-jacking"?

Yes, now speaking of stocks and bonds...

Quoted from NimblePin:

Cut him some slack...

I don't mind being reminded. It got my fat butt doing something about it again!

#22 12 years ago

You ever heard of a wanker?

Quoted from jrrdw:

Get the point, sorry for sounding like a prick about it but all I wanted to know was who the moderators are.

Good grief dude, relax. It is not like it's intentional. That what you call "thread jacking" happens in more than 75% of threads on here. People start exchanging conversation and sometimes the thread heads off into a different direction for a while. The title is still the same, nobody is trying to eliminate your questions. Sheesh, how boring would this place be if questions were asked and only direct answers were given in reply?...
    Sorry for "hijacking" your thread...

#23 12 years ago

ooh dear, get a grip please because as soon as everyone starts in-fighting, people start leaving and the overall quality of discussion goes down.

#24 12 years ago

So... Heard any good jokes lately?

#25 12 years ago

Animals! The lot of ya's.

#26 12 years ago

I am a mod. Been travleing the last week so have been slacking. Not sure if I have a Ban hammer. Only one way to test it and I doubt anyone wants to volunteer. I usually remove the offensive parts and send a PM.

#27 12 years ago

Hay guys/gals it's looking like I came across a little to serious. It's all good as far as I'm concerned. I have to remember this ain't Spudfiles where I help moderate witch in fact is a much stricter forum due to nature of the forums there. A pin can't behead you, a high pressure pneumatic vegetable relocater can.

#29 12 years ago
    #30 12 years ago

That definition of ban hammer is a whining rant from a troll that got banned for repeatedly breaking forum rules. That is my guess because I've seen a few moderators come and go, the ones that go do fit the description and the good ones stay and are respected.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/how-are-we-as-moderators-doing-t21597.html

Dam, I'm thread-jacking my own thread!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-are-the-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.