• 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ctozzi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lost.jpg
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

You realize that the le is not even being built for a month and a half right? I would rather the code of the pro be focused on since they are shipping in two weeks. Why and how can you complain about unfinished code on a game that has not even been built, shipped and sold to a single person?

Because the Code is in such a state right now that they can't even produce an LE video other than simply turning the lights on and you know it.

And no, the LE went from late Oct. to now first part of Nov. because of the above.

I'm still getting it, but I know what I'm getting, and so do you. The code is BS and I don't know WTF they are doing for an entire year and have NOTHING to show for it.

You and I both know. If you don't, then you better get a clue. Just saying.

#52 9 years ago

Its so pretty though

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because the Code is in such a state right now that they can't even produce an LE video other than simply turning the lights on and you know it.
And no, the LE went from late Oct. to now first part of Nov. because of the above.
I'm still getting it, but I know what I'm getting, and so do you. The code is BS and I don't know WTF they are doing for an entire year and have NOTHING to show for it.
You and I both know. If you don't, then you better get a clue. Just saying.

I actually do agree and share the frustration. We both know mustang was a bs filler and this title should have been wrapped up and ready to rock. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt though when it comes to passing judgement on something we haven't received. I do have to say I won't be surprised the code isn't done when I unbox, but definitely disappointed. Idk why but lately the complaining on this site is out of control and it seems that it's getting worse. We all want code, great code, crap we pay through the nose for our games, we deserve it, but every single person coming on here complaining and crying about it doesn't make it any better. I am happy there is a company that is able to produce the number of games they do. Hopefully they continue to do so and step up the code department. I believe le and pro info on this title have zero to do with marketing and everything to do with mechanics and coding.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Its so pretty though

Does anyone know if the decals will be similar to the New style IM decals?

#55 9 years ago

I actually do agree and share the frustration. We both know mustang was a bs filler and this title should have been wrapped up and ready to rock. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt though when it comes to passing judgement on something we haven't received. I do have to say I won't be surprised the code isn't done when I unbox, but definitely disappointed. Idk why but lately the complaining on this site is out of control and it seems that it's getting worse. We all want code, great code, crap we pay through the nose for our games, we deserve it, but every single person coming on here complaining and crying about it doesn't make it any better. I am happy there is a company that is able to produce the number of games they do. Hopefully they continue to do so and step up the code department. I believe le and pro info on this title have zero to do with marketing and everything to do with mechanics and coding.

Well, I'm in it with you, but we know the truth and I just can't believe the reality. Because of the theme I'm willing to accept it this time, the only time for me. The code will be so basic by Nov. its hard to believe.

Stern knows its a HUGE problem yet there are no answers or explanations. Yes the complaining and whining is beyond belief and I'm one of the biggest kool aid drinkers/supporters ever on something I'm in on like this but holy crap, if you can't even display the LE features because the code is lacking and people are backing out left and right for other options?

Absolutely horrible!

Yes Rommy, it pretty, and we have money to blow, not sure 598 others do?

#56 9 years ago

I'm in.

#57 9 years ago

Of course you are. You're from Woodbury.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Of course you are. You're from Woodbury.

now dat dare is funy

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, I'm in it with you, but we know the truth and I just can't believe the reality. Because of the theme I'm willing to accept it this time, the only time for me. The code will be so basic by Nov. its hard to believe.
Stern knows its a HUGE problem yet there are no answers or explanations. Yes the complaining and whining is beyond belief and I'm one of the biggest kool aid drinkers/supporters ever on something I'm in on like this but holy crap, if you can't even display the LE features because the code is lacking and people are backing out left and right for other options?
Absolutely horrible!
Yes Rommy, it pretty, and we have money to blow, not sure 598 others do?

So reward them with your purchase. Wish you guys were my clients. Sheesh.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

So reward them with your purchase. Wish you guys were my clients. Sheesh.

Geez schlongdoc, not surprising you weighed in, go back to sleep

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

METLE = in
STLE = out
TWD = out
WOZLE = in
TH = in
ZA = in
Many good titles to choose from. I'm very concerned with the wait for "new Stern code". The Metallica code was a biaoch!
Today's pinball selection is like a huge buffet... but keep in mind; take all you want but eat all you take! I'm just a little soured on certain chef's.

edit:
Metle=out
stle=in
twd=out
wozle=definitely out
th=out until play one
za=in

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Geez schlongdoc, not surprising you weighed in, go back to sleep

Really. Good to see you keep it classy. Hope your LE is bug free. Bah ha shlong, you so funny. You rpin will not be abused at the terminal, we are all pulling for you.

#63 9 years ago

There already is a 200 person waiting list.

And no Premium available to fill the gap...

#64 9 years ago

TWD LE for me, and the pro. NYC will be able to play both!

#65 9 years ago

1 more

#66 9 years ago

I'm still in but upset at coding.

This wasn't the code that was in the original setup. They put in a 'safer' generic version, and I can't figure out who the person was who made this decision and why.

Code is much better than what we've seen. Very strange circumstance.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm still in but upset at coding.
This wasn't the code that was in the original setup. They put in a 'safer' generic version, and I can't figure out who the person was who made this decision and why.
Code is much better than what we've seen. Very strange circumstance.

do you think that the LE will have the code that you're speaking of and that the pro had a safer version due to it being in public places?

#68 9 years ago

Good question. My friend was shocked at the released code for the international show version .4 I think. He played an early LE, it was mostly generic with Rick grimes showing up in voice over.

#69 9 years ago

I talked to Stern and they said Lyman claims that's not the code. It was something to get the game out the door. Code isn't even done for the LE. I love the theme so it's not that big of a deal, I'm sure it's going to get better! I was also told the USA version of the pro don't start product till the 6th of this month so LE's won't run till late this month. hopeful mid Nov holds.

#70 9 years ago

I've got an honest question that some will take as sarcasm. It's a real question though.

If (as I've seen stated before) the builder of this title designs their LE's first and then strips things down to get to the pro, why would the pro be built and coded first? That sounds counter productive to the initial idea. Wouldn't you expect that the LE would be built and coded and code stripped down to make the pro code?

No prem stated at this point seems like a state of walking on thin ice for stern. If what is said above is true about there "already" being 200 on pre-order (of which I highly doubt is true) wouldn't that mean that there is a good demand for the game and that Stern could be leaving a lot of money on the table for not doing a prem? If that is the case then Stern would have to consider a Prem. If they release a prem after the fact then don't they jade the LE buyer even more as the LE owner yet again loses some of the exclusivity they were looking for in buying a LE with no prem being planned?

Also, why are LE owners happy/content with them building the pro first and making you wait. Isn't part of the reason why you would want to pre-order an LE to be one of the first to own and play the machine? My mind associates per-ordering to paying a FMV adjustment on a hot new car.

I guess I just don't get it anymore. This hobby seems to be lacking the logic I'd expect. Proof being all the people that still say, "if they build ___ I'm in" when we've all seen the lack of innovation, quality and coding of the recent sterns. To much faith in a company that doesn't really value it's customers to the level of money they spend which is hard for me to say as I'm a die hard Stern fan. Maybe I'm just slowly getting burnt out due to the constant drama associated to new pinball as sometimes this hobby seems to be more stressful/frustrating than being at work.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I talked to Stern and they said Lyman claims that's not the code. It was something to get the game out the door.

It is shocking to me that the programmer for the game starts his work so late in the process. So much for the theory that Vault Editions were somehow going to give the programmers more time to get software completed before shipping.

I'm an LE buyer, so its good news that the software has a long ways to go from what we've seen, just shocked at the process.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Also, why are LE owners happy/content with them building the pro first and making you wait. Isn't part of the reason why you would want to pre-order an LE to be one of the first to own and play the machine? My mind associates per-ordering to paying a FMV adjustment on a hot new car.

I usually am happy cause they work out bugs or potential issues on the pro version first. Would I love to get it first, YES. Would I rather wait and get a better built game fixing issues that may come up during production, HELL YES!

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Good question. My friend was shocked at the released code for the international show version .4 I think. He played an early LE, it was mostly generic with Rick grimes showing up in voice over.

So I've heard small rumors of this but yet Stern posts on Facebook there is no voice overs or clips from the show? So what is it?

If there truly is voices or call outs from the show why won't Stern come out and say it? There are probably many like me still on the fence waiting to see if this might change, if not might be my decision to back out. I can't imagine they are "lying" about what is in the game, hoping to lose sales?!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I talked to Stern and they said Lyman claims that's not the code. It was something to get the game out the door. Code isn't even done for the LE. I love the theme so it's not that big of a deal, I'm sure it's going to get better! I was also told the USA version of the pro don't start product till the 6th of this month so LE's won't run till late this month. hopeful mid Nov holds.

I don't get all the "this isn't the code" talk. As if they put a fake code in the game.
Obviously the game is not even close to being finished. I sure it will get better with time.

#75 9 years ago

Hopefully, that hillbilly voice was just Lyman fu**ing around ...

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If there truly is voices or call outs from the show why won't Stern come out and say it? There are probably many like me still on the fence waiting to see if this might change, if not might be my decision to back out. I can't imagine they are "lying" about what is in the game, hoping to lose sales?!

Yeah, I have to think the code is very "early" but what we're seeing is what the game is. Just like the early Star Trek code was embryonic, but the game ultimately today is an evolved version of what we saw last year from RGR's first videos.

#77 9 years ago

The whole situation is surreal. I have NO idea what Stern is doing in their marketing dept with the initial ( early) rough code, and releasing pros first. It's always been their model. Release pro version, then 6-8 weeks later build X amount of LE's.

On top of all this my guy says may have been a realistic grimes version, but guy was spot on.

He hasn't had any real time on the LE proto and isn't a professional player.

But he said the 'feel' and software he played was very immersive and it was the strongest playing pin he'd ever played. I trust his judgement which is why I prepaid in full.

#78 9 years ago

underlord has a better track record than most with rumors so I have to put some weight into it.

I think the last time Stern released the LE first, it was the Hulk LE, and we all know how that went. So I think it's better to release the LE second with some more time to bake.

#79 9 years ago

My gut tells me that the game is going to rock.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

The whole situation is surreal. I have NO idea what Stern is doing in their marketing dept with the initial ( early) rough code, and releasing pros first. It's always been their model. Release pro version, then 6-8 weeks later build X amount of LE's.
On top of all this my guy says may have been a realistic grimes version, but guy was spot on.
He hasn't had any real time on the LE proto and isn't a professional player.
But he said the 'feel' and software he played was very immersive and it was the strongest playing pin he'd ever played. I trust his judgement which is why I prepaid in full.

The code needs a whole lot more "baking" as usual. The LE is way behind, basically just "turning the lights on". That's why we haven't seen any video.

Not sure how this can be the case with this being Stern's only release this year? Pretty much unreal.

If this were the Xmen team But its not, and we are in for a 6 to 8 month wait again, as usual.

#81 9 years ago

I have one ordered,but I'll pull out if the game play video isn't 10 times better than what I've seen of the pro. Turd city so far.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

I have one ordered,but I'll pull out if the game play video isn't 10 times better than what I've seen of the pro. Turd city so far.

Then you are about to be disappointed.

#83 9 years ago

Random comment that only somewhat applies... I wish they'd created a game for the television show Lost.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Hoppy68144:

Random comment that only somewhat applies... I wish they'd created a game for the television show Lost.

Ben Heck did just that.
Lost.jpgLost.jpg

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So I've heard small rumors of this but yet Stern posts on Facebook there is no voice overs or clips from the show? So what is it?

Doesn't make much sense to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the voice and call outs they released the code with were very early (temporary) to get the functional out there. But other than that, I can only go by what Stern posted on facebook and what they have on their game flyers.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I've got an honest question that some will take as sarcasm. It's a real question though.
If (as I've seen stated before) the builder of this title designs their LE's first and then strips things down to get to the pro, why would the pro be built and coded first? That sounds counter productive to the initial idea. Wouldn't you expect that the LE would be built and coded and code stripped down to make the pro code?
No prem stated at this point seems like a state of walking on thin ice for stern. If what is said above is true about there "already" being 200 on pre-order (of which I highly doubt is true) wouldn't that mean that there is a good demand for the game and that Stern could be leaving a lot of money on the table for not doing a prem? If that is the case then Stern would have to consider a Prem. If they release a prem after the fact then don't they jade the LE buyer even more as the LE owner yet again loses some of the exclusivity they were looking for in buying a LE with no prem being planned?
I guess I just don't get it anymore. This hobby seems to be lacking the logic I'd expect. Proof being all the people that still say, "if they build __ I'm in" when we've all seen the lack of innovation, quality and coding of the recent sterns. To much faith in a company that doesn't really value it's customers to the level of money they spend which is hard for me to say as I'm a die hard Stern fan. Maybe I'm just slowly getting burnt out due to the constant drama associated to new pinball as sometimes this hobby seems to be more stressful/frustrating than being at work.

People stating the le is built first is speculation. Play field mechanics and layout take longer than coding do. Still at this point this game has been worked on for at least a year. Why is the code in such an infant obase, and if it's not why are we lead to believe that it is. I have hopes that we are just not knowledgeable as to where the code is for pro and le.

As for pros before le. That makes perfect sense. They want to please the largest market customer first. Operators put these out on location, people see them, play them and then the title takes off. Le owners buy these games for basements where no one sees them. Operators order a half dozen pros you order one le that no one sees. That makes perfect sense to me.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Pull out now! If you base your purchases off of videos online then I bet your rarely happy. I don't understand the obsession to see how a game is played by someone else. I am more of a touch, feel and experience person and could give a crap how someone else plays a machine. Wait and play a pro and see if you like it.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is shocking to me that the programmer for the game starts his work so late in the process. So much for the theory that Vault Editions were somehow going to give the programmers more time to get software completed before shipping.
I'm an LE buyer, so its good news that the software has a long ways to go from what we've seen, just shocked at the process.

Play field layout and mechanics first. Modified a hundred times over, once that is established code is made. Sometimes the play field is redone multiple times and takes a very long time. I would love to know how long it takes these guys from the deciding point to build a title to the first one being made. I know it's atleast a year but is it more like two? Anyone have some insight on the subject?

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My gut tells me that the game is going to rock.

This! I ordered an LE. It's zombies! Don't really care if it doesn't have voice clips from the show or call outs from the actors. Don't really care if none of the living actors are no where to been seen on the playfield or cabinet (on the LE). It DOES have the ominous Walking Dead theme music! The artwork is beautiful! The playfield layout looks great! It's Borg and Lyman! I fully expect to wait for code updates and I'm ok with that. I actually enjoy getting a new code update every few months. It's exciting to see the changes and add-ons. When Lyman finishes the code, the game will be amazing! Believe it or not, Stern does pay attention to constructive criticism and suggestions. Did I mention it's ZOMBIES?!!
-Ed

#90 9 years ago

People stating the le is built first is speculation. Play field mechanics and layout take longer than coding do. Still at this point this game has been worked on for at least a year. Why is the code in such an infant obase, and if it's not why are we lead to believe that it is. I have hopes that we are just not knowledgeable as to where the code is for pro and le.
As for pros before le. That makes perfect sense. They want to please the largest market customer first. Operators put these out on location, people see them, play them and then the title takes off. Le owners buy these games for basements where no one sees them. Operators order a half dozen pros you order one le that no one sees. That makes perfect sense to me.

coding is not easy. the computer is stupid. You have to tell it what to do in each process. lots of logic errors that's need to be tested over and over to get it right.

ex how long would it take you to write down in detail to get from your bed in the morning from where you live to a NY Mets baseball game. One missed step and it wont work

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Maybe I'm just slowly getting burnt out due to the constant drama associated to new pinball as sometimes this hobby seems to be more stressful/frustrating than being at work.

The only stress in pinball is the stress some bring upon themselves in this forum. Relax, it's only pinball. I love the pre-game hype , but all the negativity is of absolutely no value. Don't buy. Buy something else. Go play a game of pinball and relieve your stress. All the bashing is kind of lame

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

This! I ordered an LE. It's zombies! Don't really care if it doesn't have voice clips from the show or call outs from the actors. Don't really care if none of the living actors are no where to been seen on the playfield or cabinet (on the LE). It DOES have the ominous Walking Dead theme music! The artwork is beautiful! The playfield layout looks great! It's Borg and Lyman! I fully expect to wait for code updates and I'm ok with that. I actually enjoy getting a new code update every few months. It's exciting to see the changes and add-ons. When Lyman finishes the code, the game will be amazing! Believe it or not, Stern does pay attention to constructive criticism and suggestions. Did I mention it's ZOMBIES?!!
-Ed

Right on fellow Texan, the negatives just don't matter to me either. It's ZOMBIES! and TWD

Believe me, Stern is paying attention to his distributors as they are funneling our comments directly. The "voice work" will end up being great and character call outs or not, I'm gonna love it. The status of the code is what it is. But then to expect anything different would be crazy right?

Since I love redneck lifestyle and pins like RS I don't even mind the current Hillbilly, however, I predict we get some actor voice work. It's AMC, not Disney, they might actually care a little.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

coding is not easy. the computer is stupid. You have to tell it what to do in each process. lots of logic errors that's need to be tested over and over to get it right.
ex how long would it take you to write down in detail to get from your bed in the morning from where you live to a NY Mets baseball game. One missed step and it wont work

True, very true. But this is also why code updates occur over time and they are not a finished product out the door. The mechanics and layout have to be complete to get out the door thus the importance and focus.

#94 9 years ago

There already is a 200 person waiting list.

I don't understand how there could be a wait list. Pinball Refinery posted just today they have TWDLEs available. They can't be the only ones.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Right on fellow Texan, the negatives just don't matter to me either. It's ZOMBIES! and TWD
Believe me, Stern is paying attention to his distributors as they are funneling our comments directly. The "voice work" will end up being great and character call outs or not, I'm gonna love it. The status of the code is what it is. But then to expect anything different would be crazy right?
Since I love redneck lifestyle and pins like RS I don't even mind the current Hillbilly, however, I predict we get some actor voice work. It's AMC, not Disney, they might actually care a little.

I hope AMC cares, you never know if it is Stern that is not adding the voice work or if it is AMC that is stopping that from happening.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I don't understand how there could be a wait list. Pinball Refinery posted just today they have TWDLEs available. They can't be the only ones.

Because the distributors want as many as they can get. The wait list is for distributors, not end customers.

#97 9 years ago

In and happy

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

There is no wait list. Maybe at a few distributors who didn't get many. They are definitely available still.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

METLE = in
STLE = out
TWD = out
WOZLE = in
TH = in
ZA = in
Many good titles to choose from. I'm very concerned with the wait for "new Stern code". The Metallica code was a biaoch!
Today's pinball selection is like a huge buffet... but keep in mind; take all you want but eat all you take! I'm just a little soured on certain chef's.

You, sir, have very good taste in new pins. These choices would mirror my own, if I was in the market.

#100 9 years ago

Because the distributors want as many as they can get. The wait list is for distributors, not end customers.

I'm pretty sure after talking to one of the biggest distributors there isn't a "wait list" here. There are plenty available and if anything the trend is to drop quantity. That said, it's TWD and Lyman. Not much long term risk in selling through all of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-actually-has-a-walking-dead-le-ordered/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.