1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinterest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 1 year ago

Bought a player #Whitewater without 1) topper, 2) power harness 3) Light chase driver board 4) 8-lamp boards 5) Lamp chase driver board to the 8-lamp board wiring harness and 6) the power harness between the Light chase driver board and the power driver board.

It made me sad - so over the last year or so I slowly gathered the parts.

I re-capped/rebuilt my power driver board to be sure it's reliable and have finally assembled everything I *think* I need to re-install a topper.

In the past I've found that the Williams manuals are not always 100% correct and so wanted to validate my assumptions with one of the other 7007 potential WH2O owners any of which I'm sure are smarter than I.

Ordered the .100" KK Molex connectors and pins to build the Light Chase driver board to 8-lamp board cable.

I need to order some 22 AWG stranded copper wire and wanted to know how much to get. (Hoping 250' may be enough?)

Knowing how long the original cables are would really help. If anyone can please measure their cable it would be appreciated! A picture of the same would be really awesome too!

Picked up this low cost LED Light Chase board as a kit put it together tonight. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324992478937
    Other than J1 Pins 1 & 2 not being connected to anything on the chase board the pinouts of J1, J2, and J3 on this chase board are identical to the original chase board if the manual is correct.

Looks like J118 Pins 2&3 is my +12 and Ground on J1 Pins 4&7.

They offer a different version for the old incandescent bulbs, but I opted for the LED version so there should be no need for pin 1&2 (20 VAC Supply from J105 Pins 4&5)

I can get data and clock from J123 pins 4&5 and connect to J1 pins 5 & 6, so good there.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 1 year ago

I’m not one of the 7007 who’s smarter than you but there are def some very smart and helpful folks in the owners thread, if you want to try there.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/1

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from JimFNB:

I’m not one of the 7007 who’s smarter than you but there are def some very smart and helpful folks in the owners thread, if you want to try there.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/1

Thanks JimFNB - I poked around in the manuals some more and think I found most of what I needed - if it is correct!

Someone told me that the length of the cable from the chase light board to the light socket boards on top the game are 28" so I just made them 30". I'll post back to let anyone interested know if this was sufficient.

I made the cable from J2 on the chase light board (Ground, +12, and Data & Clock) and made the connections to the driver board. I need to patch up the wiring in my game as it is a bit short where it connects to J123 on the power driver board and then can test it!

#4 1 year ago

Got it all working!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-topper-wiring-harness-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.