• Latest reply 8 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams-Logo-16-Linear-VP.gif
#1 9 years ago

We are in the final stages of getting the new die made. It took a long long time (too long) to get this project into the right hands to make it happen. As everybody knows the first attempt which was a poor attempt had no action on the waterfall at all. Needless to say the new and improved version is a night and day difference. The new version has in my opinion more waterfall action than the original one.

Before we finalize the die and move into production I wanted to get some opinions and feedback on an idea we came up with. The artist can make the Williams logo have some action from left to right. Personally I think it looks great and ties together well with the waterfall. Below is a GIF of what it looks like (note that this isn't exact but just to give people an idea)

Williams-Logo-16-Linear-VP.gifWilliams-Logo-16-Linear-VP.gif
#2 9 years ago

I think it is a great idea but I am not a purist.

#3 9 years ago

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the final result! Will this be a limited run?

#4 9 years ago

Will look good either way can't wait to get one for my wh20 what is the eta on Availability ??

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Will look good either way can't wait to get one for my wh20 what is the eta on Availability ??

If everything goes according to the production schedule I have been given it will be available to the market by the end of July.

#6 9 years ago

I don't have a horse in this race but it seems that most pinheads are purists and would probably prefer as close to original appearance as possible...

just my 0.02

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

I think it is a great idea but I am not a purist.

It's a cool idea but for the purists everywhere it's not our cup of tea. Of course purists account for 8% of ownership these days so go for it (I own & don't need one).

#8 9 years ago

I say add it. It isn't going to be the same as the original to begin with, so why not?

#9 9 years ago

I personally don't care either way but I would think that some would want more close to original so you'll likely lose sales to that so I would stick with the original. Glad to hear this is back on track.

#10 9 years ago

I don't care either way, I just want a new, functional, not faded as hell topper!

#11 9 years ago

I will buy one either way, but would prefer as originally designed. The artist had the ability to add it back then, but chose not to...

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#12 9 years ago

Is the "action from left to right" fiber? That would be cool.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is the "action from left to right" fiber? That would be cool.

Yes the action would be from left to right.

Quoted from Doot77:

I personally don't care either way but I would think that some would want more close to original so you'll likely lose sales to that so I would stick with the original. Glad to hear this is back on track.

I figured most people would prefer that it be as close to original as possible. But when the artist approached me with the idea I was intrigued and thought it might look pretty cool.

#14 9 years ago

So I went and turned my wh2o on to take a look at my Williams logo. Mine flows top to bottom, and I do like that. I vote for original

#15 9 years ago

You could do the original, and a smaller run with the effect on the Williams logo and call it the LE version. At a moderate mark-up of course.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Yup...no upside to doing it as far as sales and potential lost sales if you do! I would keep it original, but nice idea!

#17 9 years ago

Hi Travis. I'd say go for the original look.
Paul. Editor, pavlovpinball.com

#18 9 years ago

I like it and you still owe me one because I never got money back from before
James

#19 9 years ago

I like it. I say add it in.

#20 9 years ago

It doesn't worry me either way ....

I look forward to getting my topper and cover I ordered back on day one

rd.

#21 9 years ago

Does doing this add an extra step in the approval process from PPS and/or WMS?

Would be a shame to do that extra work only to have it denied by them. I'd say keep it simple for this one especially considering the history of this particular project.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Does doing this add an extra step in the approval process from PPS and/or WMS?
Would be a shame to do that extra work only to have it denied by them. I'd say keep it simple for this one especially considering the history of this particular project.

No I ran it by PPS before posting it on Pinside for everybody to view.

Quoted from Dewey68:

You could do the original, and a smaller run with the effect on the Williams logo and call it the LE version. At a moderate mark-up of course.

We thought about running both versions but that would require two different dies which would increase the cost. If there were enough people interested then it makes sense to make the second die but it looks like the majority of people want to keep it original which is what we are going to do.

#23 9 years ago

I would prefer the original, but I am a buyer either way. Thanks for keeping at this through the turmoil.

#24 9 years ago

I like it but prefer the original. I will be buying one once it is proven to be real.

1 year later
#25 8 years ago

How about an update? What happened?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

How about an update? What happened?

Updates are in another thread. The quick version is nothing happened, Twisted Pins stopped communicating, some people got refunds, and everyone is pretty much sick of the whole situation. Don't expect to ever see it appears to be the end.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-topper-reproduction-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.