Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Joniano
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Trying to troubleshoot a friend of mine's Whitewater. Every once in a while, when you hit the green stand-ups in the center the game crashes. See the video below. Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

Looks like a 5V reset.
    Couple of questions: does the same switch always cause reset?

Are there any “on” switches that shouldn’t be in the matrix diagnostic screen?

#3 5 years ago

Pretty sure it's always the right of the two green stand-ups. Doesn't happen every time though. Very sporadic.

I'm kind of a newbie, but it looks like it's the "light lock right" switch and it doesn't look on in the diag best I can tell.

#4 5 years ago

What ROM version are you running? There's a version that causes this. LH5 is the ROM version.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#5 5 years ago

It says rev L-5 on the service menu. Is that what you mean? Again, newbie. Sorry about that and thanks for the help!

#6 5 years ago

Be sure your stand up targets are wired right. White wire and black end of a wire to one lug, green wire to one lug, silver band end of diode to a lug. Compare all the stand up targets on the playfield, they are all wired the same. Only difference is the stripes on the white or green wires will be different.

Whitewater is sensitive to the switches being wired right and can reset if not.

LTG : )

#7 5 years ago

LTG, it was definitely wired reverse from the rest. Just rewired it. Fingers crossed!!!

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

LTG, it was definitely wired reverse from the rest. Just rewired it. Fingers crossed!!!

LTG has been saving the day for as long as I can remember!

#9 5 years ago

Well, consider this another day officially saved! Played a bunch more, slamming on that stand up with no resets. Thanks a million LTG!!

#10 5 years ago

I had this exact issue about 10 years ago, and of course Lloyd saved me then. What would we do without him?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joniano:

Well, consider this another day officially saved! Played a bunch more, slamming on that stand up with no resets. Thanks a million LTG!!

So cool. How good does it feel everytime you hit that target and don't have to flinch ?!

#12 5 years ago

Amazing! It was totally demoralizing when you were having a good game and just crashed out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-problem-1?hl=joniano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.