Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-20131107-00512.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I have space for one, I have currently a Tron, Woz, JM, Bk2000, LAH, TX Sector, Safe Cracker, Blackhole, Shadow, Star Trek 25th, (may get a Twilight Zone).

So what should it be, or what should I let go...

#2 9 years ago

The one You'll least regret getting rid of.

#3 9 years ago

spoken like a true shoe salesman

#4 9 years ago

I'd keep WH20. more things to do, more modern rules, still a tough game, dmd animations really add to the atmosphere and it is worth more.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

I'd keep WH20. more things to do, more modern rules, still a tough game, dmd animations really add to the atmosphere and it is worth more.

Agreed ^^^^^^^^^

#6 9 years ago

I love both of these games, but Whirlwind is pinball perfection. It would be hard for me to part with for any game.

#7 9 years ago

Keep wh20

I felt ww was a bit overrated.

#8 9 years ago

A nice ww is tougher to find then a nice wh20. I like them both but ww has more staying power.

#9 9 years ago

Both - get rid of something else

#11 9 years ago

If you lived in my town, I'd say keep Whirlwind.

Otherwise, keep Whitewater.

#12 9 years ago

I kept WW, sold WH2O. The abbreviation is easier to type.

To me they are equally fun, but WW is much cheaper and has better music and SFX.

#13 9 years ago

I had both, but miss WW.

#14 9 years ago

Keep Willie!!

#15 9 years ago

I wouldn't get rid of either. White Water is great and is increasingly hard to find in good condition. Whirlwind is an absolute classic, part of one of the best eras in pinball, and really hard to find in decent condition. You'll regret both.

#16 9 years ago

You could rent more space.

#17 9 years ago

Ask your wife

#18 9 years ago

Keep Whirlwind! Otherwise it will look like rain

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Both - get rid of something else

Agreed. There must be something else you are willing to part with!!!

#20 9 years ago

Get rid of JM or blackhole.

#21 9 years ago

keep both.... get rid of the black hoooooooooole

#22 9 years ago

I have both of these games, I consider them bucket list games that will never leave.

#23 9 years ago

WW is a sweet game. Move LAH.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

WW is a sweet game. Move LAH.

Agree with this! But if it's one of those two, I would move the Whitewater

#25 9 years ago

Keep whirlwind sell WH20 to me!

#26 9 years ago

Tough one. I own a WW but would happy exchange it for WH2O, at least temporarily.
(PS: Keep BH. Unique gameplay - even if slow -, lower level PF, cool artwork...)

#27 9 years ago

I have both a WW and a WH2O. I am looking to pare down the collection by 1 game, and neither of those are on the block. I like them both. If I were you, I would get rid of Safecracker. I am babysitting one right now, and it just doesn't do anything for me. The novelty wore off quickly.

#28 9 years ago

I have owned both and kept WW. Not even a question in my mind. WH20 moved along in just a few months. I enjoyed Wh20 but Whirlwind is a better overall game.
I will play WH20 in the wild but don't miss it. WW is never leaving. The best part is that WW is cheaper. Use the extra cash for another Sys11.

#29 9 years ago

It seems that it's harder to advise someone on what to get rid of than it is to recommend buying "Pin A" over "Pin B".
But it really comes down to which you like more, not what other people think you should keep for various reasons.

#30 9 years ago

WH20 Fo sho

#31 9 years ago

Keep White Water. Whirlwind is a good game but there are better Lawlor pins out there.

#32 9 years ago

I would keep WhirlWind.
I think that while white water has more initial appeal, that Whrilwind is the better game in the long run.
Of course I am biased as WhirlWind is one of my favorites since I played it back in the day.
As others have noted it really comes down to your personal preference.
It's a good problem to have!

#33 9 years ago

Keep WW.....I'd like to own one someday but I have no interest in owning a Wh2o. I mean it has a blowing fan as a topper!!!

#34 9 years ago

I can't imagine keeping Black Hole and selling WW. BH and I hated each other!

#35 9 years ago

Gotta keep both man!

IMG-20131107-00512.jpgIMG-20131107-00512.jpg
#36 9 years ago

If I had that choice and $ weren't an issue, I'd keep Whirlwind. In the ling run, far more interesting to play. However, as others have noted, I'd get rid of other games in your collection before Whitewater.

#37 9 years ago

Wow what a problem to have. I would love either so without owning either if i had them I would keep them. Somewhere down the line I will most likely decide, my problem is room.

#38 9 years ago

Keep Whirlwind. Lose something else.

#39 9 years ago

A storm is coming, ya wiener!

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I have both a WW and a WH2O. I am looking to pare down the collection by 1 game, and neither of those are on the block. I like them both. If I were you, I would get rid of Safecracker. I am babysitting one right now, and it just doesn't do anything for me. The novelty wore off quickly.

The safe cracker is one I often play for a change of pace. Each Pinball has something that grabs me depending on my mood. Tron, the sound and speed. Woz, the light show, LAH is just an all round brilliant machine and has it all for me. Two machines I regret moving...Dr Who and F14. Sigh I need more space.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Gotta keep both man!

IMG-20131107-00512.jpg 210 KB

Quoted from Capper96:

Gotta keep both man!

IMG-20131107-00512.jpg 210 KB

I would love to...Sold the creature after 5 years, the Jurassic Park, Dr Who, BOP and the list goes on. Have space for 7-10 only at home and then they are friends houses for storage.

#42 9 years ago

Interesting to read all the support for WW. My brother has a WW in pristine condition, and, while I enjoy it, I would never pick it over WH20. To each his/her own.

#43 9 years ago

I regret selling my Wh20. I still have WW and would never let it go. I would keep both myself. There are plenty of games on your game list I would part with before those two.

#44 9 years ago

Whirlwind the Keeper

#45 9 years ago

keep ww! i like the fan topper and the game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

17,250 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-or-whirlwind-what-should-i-keep and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.