14 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 11 years ago

Had both and the Whitewater is still here and Shadow is long gone. IMHO Wh20 is a lot more "fun" game overall with a good rule set and vacation jackpot is WAY cool if you get there. Shadow is just an "in your face" game with deeper rules and not much coasting while playing. No POPS on Shadow which is a big turn off for me after owning it. JY is similar in this regard but back on point...
Shadow got played the least by non-pin people that were over the house for parties and I spent more time explaining how to play it than it was played. The battlefiled is a cool item. I hate the Baldwin translite and Wh20 is a LOT better looking game with clean ramps and some LED's in blue. I tried to like shadow but it never clicked for me, similar to TZ which is also gone.

It comes down to personal choice and I like games that look nice and are fun to play. If I have to get into the mindset to "do battle" with the game to have fun that's not really fun in my book. Also from seeing other peoples reactions to it and how little it got played it confirmed what I already thought about it. Be warned if you buy a Wh20 that needs ramps / parts to shop it or repair it is one expensive game to shop out and restore.

1 week later
#52 11 years ago
Quoted from sylvan_glade:

I have heard that both machines are a challenge to maintain. Is this true?I imagine that because of the low production numbers,Shadow parts would be hard to come by. I would love for owners to chime in. Availability of parts? Niggly issues?

Once its shopped and gone thru it was no different than any other game to keep running. The Battlefield needs to be set up properly. Some games were made with plastic gears ( I think) and later brass or metal gears were available. You want the metal / brass gears. Also the wiring harness in the battlefield is subject to tearing itself up if not secured and routed correctly.

Playfield parts can be hard to find if needed such as the Mongol's, rings, etc.

2 weeks later
#66 11 years ago

If you want a game that you need to learn the rules, shots,work to get a decent score and most people do not enjoy it buy a Shadow. Its as much fun as TZ and I sold both of them and not missed.

If you want a much better looking (IMHO), fun and enjoyable game get a Wh20.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cal50.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-or-the-shadow?tu=cal50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.