Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lost_Mine_(resized).jpg
WW_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

Here's the deal with the Flashlight.

The ONLY way I've ever found to have it in play is if you put the game in Tournament mode. In all other modes the Flashlight is spotted at the start of the game. I don't believe there is any other way to adjust it, regardless of which ROM you're using.

#15 7 years ago

Yeah, I've seen that too.

1 week later
#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Krank:

Alright, thanks. Thats probably it.
I found one more think about it in rule sheet, in Bugs section:
"What is the algorithm for determining which Lost Mine items are "given" when starting a game? Seems that installing new ROMs randomly changes this. Perhaps memory is not initialized properly. Factory reset also seems to affect this."

I think there's something to this. I sent off my boards for servicing and when they came back, now the flashlight is not spotted. ROM is LH-6, which is the same ROM I was previously using and the flashlight was always spotted (except in tournament mode). I don't know if CoinOp Cauldron did anything with my game ROM or not, but the game was at least reset to factory settings.

Caveat: I have some repair issues going on with my Lost Mine right now and haven't had the chance to fully play-test yet so the above is just my preliminary take.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I wonder if restoring factory defaults would make any difference to the counting?

You could try resetting the factory defaults a few times to see if you can get it so the flashlight is not spotted.

#21 7 years ago

I think P-8 is the prototype ROM though and it's going to have all the bugs that were fixed by subsequent ROMs.

1 week later
#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Krank:

Its probably just huge bug and its sad that is not solved even in last update. I install LH-6 ROM yesterday. I play few games (normal mode, no Turnament) and once I noticed I collect the flashlight by Old Mine hit- hallelujah In next game (without any changes in setting) I have flashlight from beginning again.....fuck.
So, it looks like its some kind of random which is slightly stupid.

I had the same type of experience, although my Lost Mine opto was failing and I don't know if that contributed to the occurrence of the flashlight. This was with the LH-6 ROM, right after the factory reset. I had a few instances of getting flashlight award (i.e. it was not being spotted) right after the reset to factory defaults. The thing is my Lost Mine was triggering by itself so it wasn't exactly "normal" gameplay. This was happening pretty early in the game. Since fixing the Lost Mine opto I haven't seen that happen again (now the Flashlight is spotted). So, maybe its something that only happens right after reset, or maybe you can only get it if you hit the Lost Mine very soon after the first ball is in play.

So, I'm back to thinking the only way to play where it's not spotted is to put the game in Tournament Mode. The only thing is, that Lost Mine shot is so hard to hit that I'm fairly certain the spotted the Flashlight to make up for that. I rarely get the Gold Rush even when it is spotted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

7,780 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jam_Burglar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-lost-mine-counting-problem-need-help?tu=Jam_Burglar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.