Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bonzo442
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC01893_(resized).JPG
DSC01892_(resized).JPG
DSC01891_(resized).JPG
DSC01890_(resized).JPG
DSC01889_(resized).JPG
DSC01888_(resized).JPG
DSC01886_(resized).JPG
DSC01885_(resized).JPG
DSC01884_(resized).JPG
DSC01883_(resized).JPG
DSC01882_(resized).JPG
DSC01881_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo442.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Not sure if I'm the only one that has tried this but I got to thinking how Whitewater looks like a little world under glass. When I rated this game recently I said all it needed was a little train set going around the mountains. It got me thinking about HO railroad trees and this is what I came up with. Not sure if this is everyone's cup of tea but I really like it and the trees in no way have caused any issues while playing.

DSC01881_(resized).JPG

DSC01882_(resized).JPG

DSC01883_(resized).JPG

DSC01884_(resized).JPG

DSC01885_(resized).JPG

DSC01886_(resized).JPG

DSC01888_(resized).JPG

DSC01889_(resized).JPG

DSC01890_(resized).JPG

DSC01891_(resized).JPG

DSC01892_(resized).JPG

DSC01893_(resized).JPG

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

How did you attach them on the mountains? Did you drill holes in them , and insert the tree trunk ?

Thanks for the compliments, and honesty. Like I said I'm sure it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. No I did not drill holes. I actually heated up the bottom of the small 2" trees that have a thin bendable wire protruding. It melts through the plastic and glues itself in. I know some would say I'm destroying or permanently altering the mountains but it is a very small hole and you could actually re-heat pull it out and almost repair it so you would not see it. The larger 4" tree on the left in front of the spine chiller is glued into a neodymium 4mm magnet that sits on the top of the post. The one on the right is glued into a wood wafer with Velcro at the bottom. I could use a magnet on the right but since the protector metal is an alloy and not magnetic I figured Velcro was fine. Funny thing is the magnet still worked on the right just not as well due to metal underneath protector. I could have left it as it never fell. I know what everyone is thinking does the magnets effect the ball? The answer is no it does not in any way that I could tell.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I've never seen that arrangement of LEDs on that game but I like it

Thanks! I used a bayonet blue in the rear, then I used 2 Cyan color LEDs from cointaker 1 on the left and 1 on the right combined with 1 frosted white.

#13 4 years ago

Just a quick shout out and good guy alert for perryd out of G.A. who did the restored on this machine and did a really nice job. He does excellent work. The playfield was clearcoated by Neo.

#20 4 years ago

No problem modfather, and thanks for all your cool mods! Maybe you could make an N scale train tressel mod like Chris Hibler mentioned! By the way those magnets which are cheap on ebay are a good way to mount anything on top of a post or anything metal. I think WH2O was just looking for a tree mod cause if you look at the last picture I sent of the playfield, you can see the little trees on both the left and right side against the mountain both have tree art work below them with the same type of trees drawn.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 11.00
$ 47.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PinSound
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aguanga, CA
$ 9.95
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 25.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
4,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Teverola, CAMPANIA
$ 12.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bonzo442.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside