DSC01888_(resized).JPG
DSC01886_(resized).JPG
DSC01885_(resized).JPG
DSC01884_(resized).JPG
DSC01883_(resized).JPG
DSC01882_(resized).JPG
DSC01881_(resized).JPG

#1 8 years ago

Not sure if I'm the only one that has tried this but I got to thinking how Whitewater looks like a little world under glass. When I rated this game recently I said all it needed was a little train set going around the mountains. It got me thinking about HO railroad trees and this is what I came up with. Not sure if this is everyone's cup of tea but I really like it and the trees in no way have caused any issues while playing.

DSC01881_(resized).JPGDSC01881_(resized).JPG

DSC01882_(resized).JPGDSC01882_(resized).JPG

DSC01883_(resized).JPGDSC01883_(resized).JPG

DSC01884_(resized).JPGDSC01884_(resized).JPG

DSC01885_(resized).JPGDSC01885_(resized).JPG

DSC01886_(resized).JPGDSC01886_(resized).JPG

DSC01888_(resized).JPGDSC01888_(resized).JPG

DSC01889_(resized).JPGDSC01889_(resized).JPG

DSC01890_(resized).JPGDSC01890_(resized).JPG

DSC01891_(resized).JPGDSC01891_(resized).JPG

DSC01892_(resized).JPGDSC01892_(resized).JPG

DSC01893_(resized).JPGDSC01893_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago

I like it.
N gauge railroad would be cool!
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#3 8 years ago

Yeah I like it to. Thumbs up!

#4 8 years ago

Nice looking wh2o!

#6 8 years ago

How did you attach them on the mountains? Did you drill holes in them , and insert the tree trunk ?

#7 8 years ago

Looks great! Good idea!

#8 8 years ago

Sorry not a fan. Different strokes for different folks.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

How did you attach them on the mountains? Did you drill holes in them , and insert the tree trunk ?

Thanks for the compliments, and honesty. Like I said I'm sure it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. No I did not drill holes. I actually heated up the bottom of the small 2" trees that have a thin bendable wire protruding. It melts through the plastic and glues itself in. I know some would say I'm destroying or permanently altering the mountains but it is a very small hole and you could actually re-heat pull it out and almost repair it so you would not see it. The larger 4" tree on the left in front of the spine chiller is glued into a neodymium 4mm magnet that sits on the top of the post. The one on the right is glued into a wood wafer with Velcro at the bottom. I could use a magnet on the right but since the protector metal is an alloy and not magnetic I figured Velcro was fine. Funny thing is the magnet still worked on the right just not as well due to metal underneath protector. I could have left it as it never fell. I know what everyone is thinking does the magnets effect the ball? The answer is no it does not in any way that I could tell.

#10 8 years ago

I've never seen that arrangement of LEDs on that game but I like it

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I've never seen that arrangement of LEDs on that game but I like it

Thanks! I used a bayonet blue in the rear, then I used 2 Cyan color LEDs from cointaker 1 on the left and 1 on the right combined with 1 frosted white.

#12 8 years ago

Great Idea! Looks really cool. Since I just replaced my mountains, I would have to figure out a different way to attach the RR trees. I did some thing similar with my CFTBL using plastic aquarium plants. Well done!

#13 8 years ago

Just a quick shout out and good guy alert for perryd out of G.A. who did the restored on this machine and did a really nice job. He does excellent work. The playfield was clearcoated by Neo.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

The playfield was clearcoated by Neo.

That's weird.. I don't see any boobs.

I like the trees! Minimally invasive mod that looks like it could have been there from the start. Nice work! Wh20 is still one of my favorite games, primarily because of what you describe - how well they created a world under glass.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Just a quick shout out and good guy alert for perryd out of G.A. who did the restored on this machine and did a really nice job. He does excellent work.

Thanks for the shout out! Bonzo442 great guy to deal with and has some great machines in his collection.

#16 8 years ago

Yikes

#17 8 years ago

I like it, but i think the two over the spine chiller shot seem out of place.. all the others look sweet!

#18 8 years ago

I wish my mountains would glow like that

#19 8 years ago

Hey, thx Bonzo for the mounting suggestions, I really appreciate it. I am always looking for different ideas on how other people are mounting things , so I can apply similar methods if I need to do something similar. We here at Pinside love the expansion of knowledge and sharing of ideas to make this the best hobby around. Long live Pinball !! thx man The ModFather

#20 8 years ago

No problem modfather, and thanks for all your cool mods! Maybe you could make an N scale train tressel mod like Chris Hibler mentioned! By the way those magnets which are cheap on ebay are a good way to mount anything on top of a post or anything metal. I think WH2O was just looking for a tree mod cause if you look at the last picture I sent of the playfield, you can see the little trees on both the left and right side against the mountain both have tree art work below them with the same type of trees drawn.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Collegeville, PA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lake Havasu City, AZ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-green-trees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.