Topic Stats

• 4,430 posts
  • 433 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by applejuice
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,229 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

oldConnector (resized).png
connector (resized).png
6957C28A-BD4C-46A5-BDEA-FB5979B29758 (resized).jpeg
74491900-464D-47A6-A1E4-AFEDDC01776D (resized).jpeg
FDD857B0-0843-41C3-B876-5A47FB88BB89 (resized).jpeg
1539C76B-F29E-42D6-843E-853059712113 (resized).jpeg
image2 (1) (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
image3 (1) (resized).jpeg
7FE502F1-6B09-4695-99EA-A2525163F1FC (resized).jpeg
20191004_211727 (resized).jpg
20191004_211716 (resized).jpg
20191004_211642 (resized).jpg
20191004_211658 (resized).jpg
20191004_181052 (resized).jpg
20191004_180721 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1350 4 years ago

I joined the club 8 years ago. I just didn't know there was a club back then. Looks like there a good representation of WH2O around Buffalo, NY.

1 month later
#1390 3 years ago

I've been running LH-6 since 2008.

#1392 3 years ago

Yeah, I completely misread your email, the current non home rom is LH5.

2 weeks later
#1426 3 years ago

Anyone know of a site to get the missing mountain from?

3 years later
#3622 9 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So what are people’s thoughts on the skull mountain mod? Is it worth the price or should I just buy the grizzly bear mod and put in there?

I put the skull mountain in mine. Looks great and I think it fits right in.

#3662 9 months ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Is there any clear way to know if the game is a reimport? Some kind of markings or do they put an import stamp on the machine somewhere? Otherwise how would someone know if they were buy a machine that was reimported? Thks

I have a plaque on mine from japan. From what I heard, it went from the US, to Germany, to Japan, and then Canada. I bought it outside of Toronto and brought it back to the US.

#3665 9 months ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wow that game racked up some serious frequent flyer miles.

Honestly, it would have been a hell of a lot easier if they just delivered it directly to my house, instead of doing a lap around the world.

2 weeks later
#3709 8 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I need the home rom anyone know who/where to get one cheers!

http://www.arcadeshop.com/i/1500/white-water-home-rom-lh6.htm

or just do a search for whitewater LH-6

#3710 8 months ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Joined the club today!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! It's a club that i don't see myself ever leaving.

1 month later
#3824 7 months ago

This would also work well. It's an LED rope from adafruit.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3867

3867-04 (resized).jpg
#3856 7 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So this game is becoming a huge pain to get now.
Found one made a deal at asking price and asked for details to arrange pick up (4600). An hour later guy goes its sold - WTF
Found another one appeared to be a really good deal (4000). Made a deal called the shipper and then get a message this AM says No deal - what the heck
Have one other on the line appears to be really good shape (best one so far), local to me (which is nice) but also pricey and seller is fixed on price. Can't blame him really. He doesn't need the money, or the space and isn't desperate to sell etc so why let go for a deal. (close to 6k)
Just surprised at how this game has dried up on the sales floor (and how high its price has gotten)
Have to keep searching, searching ...

It's unreal how much they've gone up. My machine was 1800 in 07 and i thought it was a lot at the time. Beautiful condition too.

#3876 7 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Are you selling a white water?

looks like it's just a short boat ride away.

#3896 7 months ago

I like that.

2 weeks later
#3929 6 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well I would still have to paint the front of the head where I have plenty of dings and scrapes. Good thought on the SW though, might be my best option unless I want to go full on cab restore

I just had this exact question about a whirlwind. The cab needs some work on the front of the head. I'll have to get some paint made to fix it up.

#3935 6 months ago

Put some nvram in there.

1 month later
#4057 4 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I certainly will.
I know from another thread that there is some guy that is really good with sound that is doing a completely new sound package for this game but he just can never seem to find the time required to complete it.
Maybe someday.

We're all hoping for that.

1 week later
#4093 4 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Is this a decent option for those trifurcon connectors?
ebay.com link » Ht 225d Full Cycle Ratcheting Crimping Tool For D Sub Open Barrel Connectors

I use something similar. Takes a little to get the hang of it with the ratcheting.

1 month later
#4163 83 days ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Where do you get that?

look at the bottom of the thread

#4167 79 days ago

With the announcement of the pinsound one, i'm going to hold off until the re-orchestration gets completed and then buy it all at once. But i'm in no hurry

#4168 79 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Just joined the club with a solid players machine. Looking forward to spiffing it up on a budget. Starting out with caninet paint touch ups.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the coin slot

#4172 78 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

where is the info on the pinsound shakers? how is it powered and what triggers it? what's the price on it shipped to the US?
one of the benefits of the Pinshaker is it does not draw power from the game.

https://www.pinsound.org/motion-control/
https://www.pinsound.org/ready-to-shake/

#4175 78 days ago

Get some protectors from cliffy for the mountains.

1 week later
#4202 67 days ago

The manual shows it. I like it better with it off.

#4216 65 days ago

Threading the boulders is rough. I'm not very manly.

#4239 63 days ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey everyone just thought I would let you know starship fantasy has boulder sets in stock finally.

Ouch... $192

#4249 62 days ago

At that price i'll just go carve some rocks, drill some holes in them and call it a day.

#4267 60 days ago

If the hole is larger, you can use a golf tee. Very good for door hinges.

1 week later
#4316 50 days ago

Removing the mylar glue afterwards? nightmarish.

Use naptha. Let it sit on there to soak into the glue and then it comes right off.

#4348 45 days ago

Usually you can't visually see anything wrong with a chip, but a crack is never good.

1 week later
#4358 37 days ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Good,
I remember when I exploded that IC in my getaway.
my heart sunk

There's nothing like breaking your machine. Did i cause $5 in damage or $500...

For the most part, they did a good job to make sure that operator induced damage would be relatively cheap.

#4367 35 days ago

If those are regular LEDs take them out immediately. They can and will melt, if not catch on fire.

Isn't that almost a right of passage for a whitewater owner? I did the same thing 9 years ago when cointaker recommended a set of led's for the topper. I told them that the leds pretty much started on fire. They refunded me for the bulbs and updated their kit offering.

3 weeks later
#4408 13 days ago

Those don't even look like they were from the same molds

#4416 8 days ago
Quoted from etien:

Yes this is what I mean. Should be possible

You could even slip some small leds in front of the targets pointed up. It'd be a neat effect with the clear targets.

#4419 3 days ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Translucent yellow pop bodies really added more lighting in that dark boulder garden

Hey, I like that! Now that I've gotten my feet wet going through a couple of other games top to bottom, I may do the same with my Whitewater. It could use some fixes and cleanup.

I like the ceiling modification too. I have to do that in my dad's basement for whirlwind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside