New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57710)

WHITEWATER CLUB= Lifejackets not required

By Skypilot

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,354 posts
  • 489 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MMGB
  • Topic is favorited by 227 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,502 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

18C09AC6-EEAB-4002-9FF9-5A265B7D8D01 (resized).jpeg
7ACF7744-BA67-46C1-8144-25DBC1BF82BD (resized).jpeg
wh2o pin2dmd.gif
CA3F263C-C873-4373-A8B9-172C14C8A9A6 (resized).jpeg
DE72E216-25DD-4FF7-8287-FD572CAC1EC0 (resized).jpeg
20201123_201352 (resized).jpg
20201123_201329 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201123_004512569.jpg
20200524_210819 (resized).jpg
txERL8dqQeW86aA6ZgfgkQ (resized).jpg
Battery Board04 (resized).jpg
Battery Board03 (resized).jpg
Battery Board01 (resized).jpg
Battery Board02 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20201111_134204 (resized).jpg
FJIMG_20201110_163453 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Does anyone have a topper dome that is maybe old but functional? I'm putting my machine on location and don't need anything brand new, so something that was a little too scratched or hazy for a restored machine would work perfectly.

sent pm

1 month later
#1347 5 years ago

Anyone have a full set of white water cabinet decals they would let me use? I would need ALL 5 pieces. I would pay all shipping both ways and pay for your efforts.

#1349 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Thought these are readily available?
Or are you scanning them to make your own?

I have a printing company. I deal with lots and lots of different label materials and I have what I think would make a very nice cabinet decal label stock. Would make things much easier, but I want to try it out first. I am going to just purchase the decals within the next week or so if no one wants to throw me a bone or if someone has the digital art that would be even better. I can just turn around and sell them at a discount when I am done. I am printing custom shadow backbox decals now on this stock. I am going to apply them this weekend and see how that goes.

2 weeks later
#1365 5 years ago

What is correct shooter spring? 10-148-1 silver or 10-148-4 green? I have heard both. My white water on a full plunge shoots the ball back to lower playfield. I played another white water this weekend and on a full plunge the ball dropped right onto the upper playfield for whirlpool or insanity falls shot. How is it supposed to be?

1 month later
#1430 5 years ago

does anyone have black legs on their WH2O? or seen one with black legs? Just wondering what it would look like.

1 month later
#1463 4 years ago

Anyone have a wh2o playfield for sale? Preferably cleared

2 months later
#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

One thing is not clear to me, is the ball supposed to go SDTM from a full plunge?
If it doesn't, what is the tweak to stop this? My machine seems levelled, etc.
Thanks.

Should feed left flipper

1 year later
#2787 3 years ago

Throw a pinball bulbs soft white led strip in thosnupper mountains. Really finishes off a led job.

1 year later
#4076 1 year ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

15 years ago someone had reinforced green targets but I can’t find them anymore. Wish they’d come back.

Mantis amusements - he still has them

1 week later
#4098 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Man, this game is a bear to shop, way too many ramps and hard to reach areas. I finished most of the top side, but didn’t remove all the back ramps, it’s just too much time. I flame polished the ramps I could get off, replaced all the rubber and cleaned as much as I could. Added warm white frosted leds to the GI. Cleaned the topper and replaced the lights. Tomorrow I’ll tackle the bottom, replacing coil sleeves, removing and cleaning the subway and tidying up whatever else needs it. Waiting on leds for the inserts.
Found a nice front decal and two head decals. Game will be real nice when it’s done, but I’m beat.

Yes it is and also once of the most expensive if you have to start replacing ramps and stuff.

10 months later
#4770 7 months ago

picked up a cheap white water that was missing the topper. If anyone has a old topper or even a repro topper I would take it off your hands.

#4772 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Could cost more than the machine if you ever find one.

very true, I just acquired a repro one for pretty cheap so it will do. It is a players machine so not going to spend to much anyway.

1 week later
#4805 7 months ago

I bought a real piece of crap white water and it delivered today. I mean a real large pile of steamy crap.

#4809 7 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And how much does a pile of steamy Whitewater crap cost these days...?

cost me $3500, was probably worth $2800. No topper, crazy dirty, smells like a dead mouse inside. Everything is present. I will have it flipping soon, just not going to put much money into it. It will be a decent player. Once I get it flipping it should be able to sell for $3800 or so. I l like projects so not a really a money issues, but it is for sure more of a project than I wanted.

#4810 7 months ago

Does anyone have a really good picture of the lower playfield? specifically wet willy area, I want to print a overlay to cover a touch of flipper bat wear.

#4814 7 months ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I have the same flipper wear. Does anyone make a decal of Willy?[quoted image]

Mines in exact spot - I will make some decals

#4815 7 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

I hope it's good enough, Cruze scan
[quoted image]

this will work,but can you do another to include the entire hat?

#4840 7 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Joined the club over the weekend. My game is running L-2 code, which seems to be quite early. Is anywhere I can read all the updates for L-5 or LH-6? Also my game came with lightning flippers. I didn't think that was stock, but can anyone confirm?
PS: The game came with a reproduction topper, so I got a little bit crafty last night and added some sparkle.
[quoted image]

so i just picked up a beater white water, i got it home and broke it down this weekend. It still had the goody bag on the inside cabinet. Inside the good bag was 3 extra plastics (whirlpool and sling plastics) and guess what? 2 brand new lightning flippers. So it must have shipped with a set of lightning flips.

Mine was missing the original topper so i bought a repro, how did you add the glitter?

#4857 7 months ago

anybody got any used ramps and mountains for sale?

#4870 7 months ago
Quoted from longwetsocks:

Dude, I just noticed that...LOL

easy fix with some editing software

#4886 6 months ago

anyone have a lost mine kick out wear spot decal laying around?

1 week later
#4912 6 months ago
Quoted from mslow:

I just picked up this white water. Could anyone chime in and let me know if this is the authentic topper water foil or a reproduction.
[quoted image][quoted image]

it is original. it is also very easy to tell once you turn the machine on. The difference is very noticeable. I have found a way to make the reproduction work almost as good as the original.

#4917 6 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

You can’t just drop that bombshell and move on like nothing happened. This could be as significant as the colonels secret blend of herbs and spices and the original coke recipe

LOL, I will try to post pics. it was some trial and error using spacers to lean it forward. A friend came over the other day and could not tell it was repro with the lighting on.

2 weeks later
#4950 6 months ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

What would you say is the value of a White Water with playfield damage at 3 noticable spots: 2 near Lost Mine and one just above the shoot again insert.
Also the 8 boat insert has a spot.
Cab is faded and touched up. (Needs new decals)
Topper is missing the dome (for sale at €140 near me) but rest is complete.
As far as seller says: ramps, plastics, boards and dms are in good shape.
It plays well according to the add.
Thanks for your advice
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just picked up a really rough one in similar playfield shape with NO topper for $3500. I had to put about $400 in it to get it going and playing good and add a repro topper. Crazy part is it plays better than my $8000 restored one I had several years back.

#4955 6 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

What were the differences that you noticed between the two?

it just plays smoother or something. The restored one had new everything, ramps, plated wireform, etc.. Maybe the repro ramps threw things off.

#4999 5 months ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Would really appreciate any pics of how people have powder coated any parts of the WH20. Thanks for sharing. I’m doing a restore. Can’t believe how dirty this thing is.
[quoted image]

I think chrome looks the best, DO NOT DO WHITE. I picked up a beater that had a black playfield. Ended up cleaning up nicely.

#5022 5 months ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

I’m doing a restore and during tear down of the playfield I only see one pop bumper plastic top. Is that right? I know the boulders cover then pops, but looking for clarity. Thanks.
[quoted image]

time to buy a boulder set

2 months later
#5200 3 months ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Yeah after researching around for options I settled on making the "poor mans" topper:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-water-topper-poor-mans-version
already ordered from TTP and putting together a marco order.

order a repro from pin-pimp. Already comes mounted on plastic. Just need the dome. If you mount the repro with spacers in the back and let it lean forward you get the waterfall effect of the original. I picked one up cheap a while back with no topper as well.

#5202 3 months ago
Quoted from McSquid:

is that the "TwistedPins" reproduction? I heard that wasn't a popular solution. Unless this is different. How much did it cost you?

Yes, but looks way better than glitter solution. I have had friends play mine and they can't tell its a reproduction. You have to angle it forward and the effect is pretty darn close to original. I can't remember what I paid.

#5205 3 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

I agree, it's better than nothing. But to call it pretty close to original? Based on feedbacks and videos it's far away. The waterfall effect is missing.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/creditdotpinball.com/2014/05/22/mods-foiled-again-the-white-water-topper-reproduction/amp/

Can you read? You have to mount it differently. It has to be mounted with spacers so the entire thing leans forward. It is not perfect but way better than glitter and so far no one has even noticed it was a repro

#5208 3 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Don't be upset. I know what you mean. The link I posted contains a video comparison between original and tilted repro. Day and night.

mine looks better. spent hours adjusting the stupid thing. There are not any alternatives so it is what it is, but much better than glitter. When you get a white water for $2500 it is hard to argue.

#5209 3 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Have any of those people ever seen a real one in person and do those people have decent eye sight? I've seen the setup you have / are referring to and it took me roughly one second to see it wasn't an OG. May be the best alternative out there but it's still a far cry from the original one - pretty amazing that in 2020 we can't find a way to reproduce that thing.

I have a printing company and I took a spare original I used to have we tried to replicate it. I spent hours researching what the original artist did and we decided it was not worth the risk to try to reproduce. The guy that did the original work past away around 3 years ago. I personally do not think it will ever be redone. The guy overseas that is doing all the work by hand might have so me luck producing 1 piece but I do not think it will ever be mass produced again.

#5210 3 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Don't be upset. I know what you mean. The link I posted contains a video comparison between original and tilted repro. Day and night.

I just watched that video and there is NO waterfall effect. Mine has actual effect. You have to adjust it just right. I have owned several white waters and my wife still does not know it is a repro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside