• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whitewater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1652 8 years ago

Topper:

The 12v bulbs in the topper do get hot and use a lot of power. I just installed a new light chase board from Great Lakes modular and it has a switch which allows you to run 6v 555 bulbs in the topper. I am very pleased with the 6v bulbs and the water fall effect looks amazing. I don't think LEDs will give the same illusion of flowing water.

Skull mountain mod:

Apparently they will be back on eBay in the next couple of weeks.

#1654 8 years ago

No worries . Here is a picture of the board. It was very easy for me to install and the instructions are well written and easy to follow. You can easily switch between 12v and 6v output with a switch. I'm very happy with the result.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1659 8 years ago

Hi nsmith

Looking forward to seeing how your Whitewater turns out.

#1673 8 years ago

TECHNICAL HELP PLEASE ?

GI lighting issue & fuse blowing

Hi guys,

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Since I bought my WH20 the GI lighting on the top half of the playfield and mini playfield have never worked. I have replaced all the globes, but that is not the issue. I have used judremy's GI locator picture (thank you) to highlighted all the GIs that are not working in green. There are over 10 of them and many seem to use the same colour wires.

I have also noticed that I had a fuse that was blown and when I replace it and turn on the game it blows instantly, I have replaced it twice and it blows the moment the game is turned on. It is fuse F110.

Are these issues related ?

Can anyone please help give me a tip on how to fix it?

ps. nsmith, I'm sure your game will look fantastic when it is done, your doing a great job.

Regards
WW

fuse_F110_(resized).jpgfuse_F110_(resized).jpg

Gi_not_working_(resized).jpgGi_not_working_(resized).jpg

#1675 8 years ago

Thanks urbanledge

I will give that a go. I'll have to remove the mini playfield which I have never done before.

#1741 8 years ago

GI lighting issue - problem solved

Thank you all very very much, you guys are the best.

Turns out I had the same issue as Thelaw & Elicash amazing

It was a pinched wire from one of the GI sockets at the very back far right corner, where the mini playfield connects to the main playfield.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Make sure to check all the wires! Check out this short I had just from a little screwing in
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=thelaw#post-2256757
Another tricky one is a bend piece of metal that can contact the side rails AFTER you lower the game...sneaky.

Quoted from Elicash:

I had this same GI line short out. My issue was a pinched wire under one of the metal posts that support the upper playfield. Was a bitch to find, because it was out of sight in service position. Had to pull the entire PF out of cabinet to access it.
If you cant find the obvious short, make sure to look there!
EDIT: Just looked at TheLaw's link to his short - Sounds like he and I had the exact same issue! Must be somewhat common. Check there.

1 week later
#1818 8 years ago

HELP PLEASE - FLASHER PROBLEM ?

Hi guys, thank you for your technical help so far. I was so excited for the first time ever my whitewater was fully operational ... that's right 100% working. It was a great feeling (Of course my wife thinks I'm crazy). My feeling of success however was short lived I now feel incomplete.

When I turned on the pin today my Upper Left Playfield flasher had stopped working.

I have checked the bulb.

When I run the 'tests' it is the only flasher not working (and the strange thing is that the corresponding flasher on the back glass that would normally flash at the same time does flash during the test, but the one on the playfield doesn't

The wires from the flasher go directly into the back box.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

flasher3_(resized).jpgflasher3_(resized).jpg

flasher2_(resized).jpgflasher2_(resized).jpg

flasher1_(resized).jpgflasher1_(resized).jpg

#1821 8 years ago

FLASHER FIXED

Thanks Sciddleybop1980 and xTheBlackKnightx

1) I checked the flasher with a multimeter and found that during test mode the volts were going up and down, that was a great feeling knowing it was getting power.

2) Gave the socket a good clean

3) Inserted LED flasher bulb: no flashing

4) Tried a different LED flasher bulb

5) Inserted a traditional incandescent bulb ! FLASHING

Strange, but the LED bulb used to work, I think I must have updated the back box to LED and when I did that the LED flasher on the play field stopped working.

On the playfield I now have:
4 red led flashers
1 blue led flasher
1 white led flasher
2 incandescent flashers

Seems the machine needs to have a few incandecents, I don't know why maybe someone with knowledge can answer that.

Am I doing damage to my machine having the other LED flashers on the playfield ?

It is working perfectly now so I will keep the above configuration if that sounds good to everyone.

Thank you all once again for your help.

flasher4_(resized).jpgflasher4_(resized).jpg

#1823 8 years ago

Hi jb

There is no problem with the LEDs or socket, the machine just wants an incandescent there ? I don't understand but I also don't mind.

1 week later
#1838 7 years ago

Hi xtheblackknightx

Thanks for sharing the link. I found the whole clip fascinating. Seeing inside the factory was pretty cool to

2 weeks later
#1891 7 years ago

Theblackknight : interesting stuff thank you very much for sharing your knowledge, I love learning about all this stuff...such a fascinating hobby

Pinball customs : wow...what a neat sculpture very very cool

2 weeks later
#1941 7 years ago

I have also had a similar problem, during multiball when I get the balls back in skull mountain too quickly the machine struggles to shoot more than one ball it tries to shoot 2 at a time ! eventually it manages to shoot them out but it takes about 5 or 6 attempts.

Quoted from branlon8:Hi All,
I'm the proud owner of a Whitewater since about four weeks, it's such a cool game, I am, however, noticing that sometimes during multiball too many balls get into the upkicker and then the coil is not strong enough to kick more than one ball up onto the upper playfield. I've even had three balls in there during Whitewater muliball. Of course when it happens I need to stop the game and pull the balls out with a magnet. I have not yet made an archeological expedition under the upper playfield and I can't really tell from the manual if there is a mechanism which should prevent this and is maybe damaged. Has anybody had this and what was the fix ?

#1955 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I'm also looking to find the boulders that let a lot of light through them. I love the glow I see off the boulders on a lot of games but mine are so dark. I'm wondering if mine are repros .

I'm working on making some rubberised boulders that will let light through and never break

1 week later
#1961 7 years ago

Wow, thank you very much. I didn't realise it was meant to have 4, I just checked mine and it only has 2 teeth one on either side ?

Quoted from Gorgonzola:

Before you bend any metal as per other suggestions, shine a flashlight down the upkicker hole and check the condition of the 'Ball Popper Cup' (Part Number 03-8561). I experienced this exact problem and it was due to the 4 teeth that hold the ball centred being worn/broken (see attached photo). This allows a second ball to sit across the edge of the cup, which then gets squeezed when the coil fires, slowing it and causing the ball that was in the cup to lose momentum and fail to complete the arc.
A new Ball Popper Cup with 4 nice teeth eliminated this problem 100%.

2 months later
#2123 7 years ago

I'm working on a missing mountain. Mould is complete and I am about to start testing different mediums to get the best result. I'll post pictures in a couple of weeks once I get a few prototypes produced.

#2135 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I will purchase one when your done with these. THANKS for doing them!
Dan

Quoted from Plumonium:

Cool, looking forward to hear more! Put me on the list

Quoted from Fred70:

Put me on the list as well

It's great that there is some interest. Here is a picture of the mould. I hope to have a few prototype missing mountains ready to show you guys soon. Then you can tell me which one looks best.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2161 7 years ago

Missing mountain

The first mould was an epic fail, but I start from scratch and this is the first decent prototype. What do you think?

3 months later
#2281 7 years ago

Finally the wait is over .......

Whitewater missing mountain (top left playfield)

After searching for a year and not being able to track down a missing mountain for my Whitewater I finally bit the bullet and made one myself.

This is the mountain that makes your machine complete.

There have been a few versions over the years, and this I am proud to say is absolutely the best that I could make.

I now present my version of the mountain to the pinball community.

Process:

Each mountain is custom painted for your machine, because there are 2 versions of the mountains a dark brown (reproduction) and a light brown (original mountains).

Production does not begin until your order is received, payment is made and you have specified a colour for your mountain.

Production takes 6 days from the time your order is placed.

Day 1 - cast mountain in mould using (Trowel-on 60 Rigid Polyurethane with 24 hour cure time)
Day 2 - mountain trimmed / cleaned with solvent and primed (24 hours for primer to set)
Day 3 - base brown applied (Chromacryl 2 coats)
Day 4 - brown top coat (Chromacryl 1 coat)
Day 5 - seal with matt 'cabothane clear'
Day 6 - attach velcro mounting tape (24 hour cure for glue)

European and U.S.A. customers - please allow 3 weeks for delivery from time of purchase
Australian customers - please allow 2 weeks for delivery from time of purchase

This mountain is extremely strong and could probably survive a brick being dropped on it. The expensive, high quality materials that I use is reflected in the price. However, my motto is "do it once, do it right"

The mountain is attached at 3 anchor points using Velcro tape.

Installation takes a matter of minutes and a complete set of instructions is included.

Cost US $65 (Free shipping)

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG
5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG

#2283 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Nice buddy! How much is shipping?

Free shipping

Thanks for pointing it out, I have updated my post.

1 week later
#2298 7 years ago

Hi guys. I've also listed them for sale on ebay if you prefer.

Merry Christmas

Missing / Lost mountains

Quoted from Whitewater:

Finally the wait is over .......
Whitewater missing mountain (top left playfield)
After searching for a year and not being able to track down a missing mountain for my Whitewater I finally bit the bullet and made one myself.
This is the mountain that makes your machine complete.
There have been a few versions over the years, and this I am proud to say is absolutely the best that I could make.
I now present my version of the mountain to the pinball community.
Process:
Each mountain is custom painted for your machine, because there are 2 versions of the mountains a dark brown (reproduction) and a light brown (original mountains).
Production does not begin until your order is received, payment is made and you have specified a colour for your mountain.
Production takes 6 days from the time your order is placed.
Day 1 - cast mountain in mould using (Trowel-on 60 Rigid Polyurethane with 24 hour cure time)
Day 2 - mountain trimmed / cleaned with solvent and primed (24 hours for primer to set)
Day 3 - base brown applied (Chromacryl 2 coats)
Day 4 - brown top coat (Chromacryl 1 coat)
Day 5 - seal with matt 'cabothane clear'
Day 6 - attach velcro mounting tape (24 hour cure for glue)
European and U.S.A. customers - please allow 3 weeks for delivery from time of purchase
Australian customers - please allow 2 weeks for delivery from time of purchase
This mountain is extremely strong and could probably survive a brick being dropped on it. The expensive, high quality materials that I use is reflected in the price. However, my motto is "do it once, do it right"
The mountain is attached at 3 anchor points using Velcro tape.
Installation takes a matter of minutes and a complete set of instructions is included.
Cost US $65 (Free shipping)

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2426 7 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone know where to get a 3D translite? I'm keen to buy one

I got my 3D translite for both whitewater and attack from Mars from 'ministryofpinball' just do a Google search for them, they have them in stock now. They were very well packed and shipping was fast. I would definitely buy from them again. Good luck

1 month later
#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I was thinking of possibly drilling some holes in back topside of the clear dome that is on the topper. I was told the waterfalls get the bubble/wrinkle in them from all of the heat and I could see how that is possible because I had the dome off to replace some of the light bulbs and you could feel the heat being put off from them and I could imagine how much the heat builds up with the dome being on.
So I was thinking about doing it to preserve and prevent any future damage to my waterfall decal.
Good idea or bad idea?

I have installed the Great Lakes Modular board upgrade. Now I can run 6v 555 LEDs in my topper. No heat at all. I experimented with many different leds and I have found that the single 5050 leds are the absolute best. My waterfall effect looks even better than with old school bulbs.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2545 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

The GLM board upgrade looks great, but I need to see high resolution video of the GLM board using 5050 LEDs before agreeing that it looks better than old school bulbs.

Here is a youtube of it

My original board was damaged before I bought the machine, and the cost of a replacement was the same as fixing the old board.

1 month later
#2561 6 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

just finished my restoration....Cabinet is original and really nice. This one almost killed me..it was a ton of work!

Looks nice, but your upper playfield ramp will be smashed if you don't install the post and rubber protector.

missing ramp protector post and rubber (resized).jpgmissing ramp protector post and rubber (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2574 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I have a restored playfield whitewater now and love it. I have a couple of questions about some of the things mentioned in the last few posts.

I am having issues with a fair amount of rejections in the bigfoot shot under the back mountain. I think it may be rejecting off the switch sometimes. I don't completely get what your talking about doing but would this be why I am having this issue?

Do you have a pic of what you are talking about? Is it something that comes on the pin or added after? I want to make sure mine has whatever protection is necessary.

My mistake, I misinterpreted your photo

5 months later
#2785 6 years ago
Quoted from mayuh:

Every insert raised, cracked. Inlanes totally worn. Biiiiig wear on the usual spots... price was pretty reasonable for so much love and time spent
Have a look at the before pictures:

Wow...what a difference between the old tired playfield and the newly restored one...awesome job, enjoy your new super fast white water rafting experience

1 week later
#2792 6 years ago
Quoted from hpetters:

Hello guys! Just joined this club
I recently bought a LED-kit, and what makes me really confused is that flashers 18 and 24 comes with both the normal bayonet flasher and an insert flasher of wedge type (#906). I really cant find those insert flashers, only the normal bayonet flashers.
Anyone has a clue about this?

From memory, the only wedge type flashers in my white water are in the back box.

2 months later
#2866 6 years ago
Quoted from gcmess:

Yep....found the posts and yep....bad cap.
Thanks for the responses.

Great stuff now you can play the best pinball ever made I love WH2O...welcome to the club

2 months later
#2968 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'm in need of the chase light total assembly including the board the power cord the output power cable to the 2 lighting boards if anyone has one for sale or knows where to find one. Thks.

I bought mine from GLM and have been very happy with it.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

4 months later
#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - so now I need some help with the topper. I bought brand new 194s from marco. Turned on and it was perfect. After 10 min the blinking started to slow and now the topper isn't as impressive. All lights work but not blinking fast. Is there something going on here? Anything I should check first? Lights are very hot after turning it off. They still work but the effect is limited b/c blinking is slow on some or none at all. Thanks!
Video of the slower blinking:

Video of when I first put in the new 194 (older 194s were Long lasting and prior to that I believe might have been LED but didn't burn out)....this is when it worked!

Maybe it's not getting enough power?
EDIT - prob chase lamp board. I'm going to have it serviced....

How does the light chase board look. Top right inside back box. Check back of board for any burnt out components.

Good luck

1 week later
#3140 5 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Hi guys where to find the montain with the bad face that goes over the ramp ?
Thanks

Ebay search "white water pinball" (but make sure you click worldwide)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WHITEWATER-Pinball-Active-Skull-Mountain-Mod-White-Water/282587199483?hash=item41cb8277fb:g:81AAAOSw-0xYiQFJ

#3163 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Is WH2O one word or two?
[quoted image][quoted image]

According to ipdb.com it is 2 words

ipdb white water (resized).jpgipdb white water (resized).jpg
#3165 5 years ago

But your name has it one word???!! Now I’m really confused [quoted image]

LOL now I'm also confused

#3170 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone still making the missing boulder?
also the round mine pf decal. bought one a few years ago but forgot where

I have a mould for a missing mountain. Pm me if interested in a missing mountain.

2 weeks later
#3237 5 years ago

Missing mountains are available again

ebay.com link: Whitewater missing lost mountain pinball mod white water arcade machine

Special deal for pinside members US$60 (free delivery worldwide) each mountain custom painted to match your existing mountains

3 weeks later
#3291 5 years ago

This is the one I made on ebay listing, I just made 5 now waiting on paint to dry

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#3882 5 years ago

Looks good , just a bummer that the installation process was not as easy as it should have been hope the sellers sort out the issues for future customers.

Quoted from Zavadoza:

Here is the lighted speaker panel. You can adjust the brightness and also patterns with a remote.
[quoted image]

1 week later
#3922 5 years ago

Whitewater is one word
[quoted image]

Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

True but what about this?[quoted image]

OMG not this debate again

1 week later
#3948 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Oh boy here we go. Prepare yourself cause you know theres a shit storm of opinions coming your way on this topic. As always I say its your game do what makes you happy but some others are very opinionated on the blue lights in the whirlpool topic.

Awesome, you made me laugh out loud

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Realy?
What expression tops "first world problems" ?

So true

1 week later
#3973 5 years ago

Breaking news ... Bigfoot is real

1 month later
#4025 4 years ago

Ouch... Thanks for sharing

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Ok so just thought I would post this in case anyone is having anything weird like this happen. I replaced the rollover switch at entry to boulder garden as it was failing and only registering intermittently. Almost immediately I started having issues again with failure to register. I popped the playfield up to examine it and found the 3 legs smashed over. Thinking maybe I let the playfield down in some strange way and caused this so I swapped it out with another new switch. Nxt thing I know the VUK starts firing upon startup and I cant figure out wtf is going on. So again I lift the playfield and again notice the damn legs on the switch are all smashed and bent over grounding each other out. Now i set the playfield down on the support bars and pear in through the coin door and quickly determine the problem. Turns out the 1 of the lock lugs that catch the playfield as you are pulling it out had unscrewed itself and was only hanging on by a thread. Since it was sticking out about 3/4 of an inch it was making contact with the switch and essentially crushing it when the playfield slid in or out. The lug has a slot in it to tighten which I did and hallelujah problem solved. Just a very strange problem I thought I would share just in case anyone was having these symptoms.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 years later
#6126 2 years ago

Hi guys can someone please post a closeup photo of the area just in front of Bigfoot . I’m missing something outta my machine ?

DC8E8DE1-46CD-4D6F-9C2E-B1F779B77825 (resized).jpegDC8E8DE1-46CD-4D6F-9C2E-B1F779B77825 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whitewater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.