Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider webdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#409 10 years ago

Could someone please inform me about the following.

1. How many GI lamps are there?
2. Where are they located?
3. Are they #44 or #555?

I'm getting my Wh2o Next week but I want to buy my leds in head of time.
Thanks in advance!

#411 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Just buy a bag of 100. Actually, I usually wait until I have a game so that I can decide how many of each color that I need.

a bag will not let me color adjust the way I want to, Isn't anyone here sitting on the information on how many GI lights there are and where they're located?

#413 10 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I think the best suggestion is buying some different styles of colored and white leds to try in various locations. You can experiment with the colors and place a large order when you know what you want.
Trust me, this will cost you much less in the long run. You will know exactly what you want and how many you need. For gi I suggest CT frosted.

The thing is that I'm getting my leds sponsored and I don't want get an unnecessary amount of leds and burn any bridges that way, I just need to know how many GI lamps there are, my guess is that it's 95% #44 but how many and where are they placed? If I had the pin here right now I could just go and count them but I'll be getting my Wh2o next week and I really wanted to have my leds at home by then so I can start converting it right away.

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If you're looking for quick and easy, order a pre selected kit online. Cointaker puts together a nice kit, just costs a few bucks more than doing it yourself.

Nah, not interested in a kit, I want to do my own thing, and since I get the leds for next to nothing I'm not going to buy from another vendor. Just need to know how many #44 to order fro the GI, my led source only have info on the inserts, not the GI.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from Andrzej:

Lamp Locations

Lamps.jpg 144 KB

Thanks but as judremy mentioned I need the GI map.

#422 10 years ago
Quoted from Andrzej:

Is it not in the manual? My link above.

No, I was unable to find the GI placement in the manual strangely enough.

I was hoping someone could just dot out the GI bulbs in the image for example.

WW playfield web.jpgWW playfield web.jpg

#423 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

It would take a bit to do all that counting, and also try to tell you where they are locatated. Your best bet would be if somebody's got an LED map from a kit they'd be willing to share.
Keep in mind LEDs in the GI are going to kill all of your dimming, and White Water uses quite a bit of dimming (unless you can get a hold of Herg's GI OCD mod).

I'm willing to sacrifice the dimming.

#425 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Here you go. Spots in red are GI.
4th revision:
191072.jpg 188 KB

Awsome! Thanks a bunch man!
Are these all #44's?

#426 10 years ago

The Whirlpool bulbs, are they #44's or #555's? It looks like they sit on a board and that would make them #555's, are they?

9 months later
#565 9 years ago

Okay, so I'm finally in the Wh2o club!
I need some assistance right away from my fellow rafters.
My "center" pop bumper is not working. This is what I tried so far.

New coild "DONE"
Check the fuses "DONE"
Check the bumper skirt switch "DONE"
Checked for loose connectors on the boards "DONE"
Checked all the nuts and bolts on the bumper "DONE"
Make sure the coil gets power "DONE" (even managed to shock myself)

I'm not sure what else to do, any suggestions?

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Look at the manual,
find out what transistor controls it.
If you touch the metal tab on the transistor to ground with a piece of wire (the mounting plate in the bock box will do) doe it fire the bumper?
but before that.......does it fire in test?

I'm not able to find that transistor. Can someone please point it out to me? Is there anything else that can be the problem?

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Look at the manual,
find out what transistor controls it.
If you touch the metal tab on the transistor to ground with a piece of wire (the mounting plate in the bock box will do) doe it fire the bumper?
but before that.......does it fire in test?

Just tried the wire method on transistor Q48 and nothing happened. In test mode the bumper is also not reacting.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I'm not an expert by any means but I'd say that transistor is busted.
Thats where I'd start anyway.

Okay, I'll order a new transistor and replace it and hope that helps.

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I'm not an expert by any means but I'd say that transistor is busted.
Thats where I'd start anyway.

When I was replacing the Q48 Transistor I see that it have been replaced before, I decided to replace it again. The board is now mounted in the backbox and still NOTHING!!!!

Any other advice? I really want to get the center bumper fixed, I hardly get any bumper action without it.

#582 9 years ago

Okay guys, I finally figured it out!!!! it was a bad trace. I took a closer look on center pin and follow the trace down and I could see that the trace was rubbed off. I connected a wire from the center pin in on the transistor down to the pin out and now it finally works.

Thank you for the help!!!!

#583 9 years ago

Here's a couple of photos of my arctic white water, enjoy!
DSC00420.jpgDSC00420.jpgDSC00433.jpgDSC00433.jpgDSC00434.jpgDSC00434.jpgDSC00425.jpgDSC00425.jpgDSC00440.jpgDSC00440.jpgDSC00441.jpgDSC00441.jpgDSC00437.jpgDSC00437.jpgDSC00439.jpgDSC00439.jpgDSC00438.jpgDSC00438.jpg

#585 9 years ago

Thanks.

My abominable snowman was kinda a pain! The head was too big so when the glas was on it didn't fit.
I had to cut down the plastic mold for the body beneath the fur to get it all to fit, I also had a big problem with the hand holding on to the log, not any kind of glue would work due to the material the hands are made from, I had to screw them down with a washer on top of the fingers and it work out fine, I'm not able to see the screw or the washer from a player perspective.

#593 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

The snow makes no sense,
White Water rafting is a summer sport.
The playfield now looks totally out of place

I wouldn't go as far as calling it a sport.
Things don't allways have to make sense as long as it's aesthetically pleasing.

#595 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

What ever floats your boat.
Pretty sure rating is a sport.
I think it looks better with bigfoot and the normal plastics.
bigfoot hotfoot now makes no sense and the dots arnt tied to the game anymore.

You meant too say "what ever floats my raft"

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

ok.....who has figured out the best arrangement of leds for the backbox? I'm not having the best of luck but I am sure someone has figured out the perfect arrangement.

No colors needed in my opinion. Just regular cool white frosted will make it really pop!

1 week later
#623 9 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

I ordered the spine chiller and watch out for the drop decals.
The watch out for the drop doesnt suit the plastic!
Looking at a few pics there seems to be 2 styles of plastic for the disaster drop .
heres mine

2014-12-15 19.32.35.jpg 162 KB

And I'm sorry to say they look terrible all over.

Post edited by webdiddy: spelling

1 year later
#1528 8 years ago

What if you could pretend that you visited Wet Willie's River Ranch for real?
I bet this would have been the kind of merchandise you would have been able to buy there.
Posters, t-shirts and more!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/20913882-welcome-to-wet-willie-s

white_water_poster_mockup_(resized).jpgwhite_water_poster_mockup_(resized).jpg

#1530 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Now that's cool. Loving the merch.

Thank you! Glad you like it.

#1537 8 years ago

I updated some of the Wet Willie´s merch, I didn't like how the blur background looked so I changed it to a kinda sunset orange.

Get it here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/20913882-welcome-to-wet-willie-s

wet_willies-poster_(resized).jpgwet_willies-poster_(resized).jpg

10 months later
#2327 7 years ago

Anyone liking this design?
I have to say I think it turned out pretty sweet!

white water tshirt.jpgwhite water tshirt.jpg

#2332 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I like it, but I'd like it better with just the raft, Willie and the dog. The only people that will "get" the shirt are pinheads and pinheads don't need WHITEWATER emblazoned across the front of it. A more subtle version would look cooler.

I was actually thinking about doing a raft only version but I like the dynamic that comes with the logo and the waterfall in the background.

#2339 7 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I agree. Even non pinheads looking at the shirt wouldn't get that it's a pinball machine. It's just too niche.
If you have just a raft, it just kinda looks like an old man with his dog are having a good time on an inflatable boat. With the logo behind, you know exactly what he's doing, and why it's so fun.
Nice job on the design, webdiddy!

Thank you!

Quoted from Cserold:

Looks cool. If you could do a "distressed" version of the graphic on a NextLevel TriBlend t-shirt I would be all over that. Thoughts?

I might be doing some "weathered" version of my current shirts in the future, any of my other designs you would like to see with a more of a "vintage" look?

Love it, love it, love it

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

Quoted from Elicash:

I agree with this. Would be cooler if it was a little subtle. That way, pinheads will get it, but people that dont know pinball would just think it was a weird shirt. I like it.

Glad you like it but I think I'll stick with the logo version

Quoted from Fifty:

It's too niche either way. Non pinheads looking at the t-shirt would just think "Hey, that guy is wearing a white water rafting t-shirt"
Oh, and this is just a small nit-pik detail, but the inner brim of the cowboy hat is supposed to be red, not white.

Yeah, you're right about the brim, it was the reproduction playfileds that had the incorrect white inner brims.

#2340 7 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Oh, and this is just a small nit-pik detail, but the inner brim of the cowboy hat is supposed to be red, not white.

I have corrected the color of the inner brim, thanks for letting me know!

#2342 7 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The Wet Willies shirt is great too (by the way).

Thank you, I'm glad you like them

#2343 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Looks cool. If you could do a "distressed" version of the graphic on a NextLevel TriBlend t-shirt I would be all over that. Thoughts?

Something like this you had in mind?

white-water-tshirt-vintage.jpgwhite-water-tshirt-vintage.jpg

#2349 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Love this version even more!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! Thank you!

Quoted from Fifty:

The red brim is perfect!

Glad you noticed

Quoted from Cserold:

Yep, absolutely. Looks great. Do you have any control over the type of t-shirt used on that site? Figure out way to get that baby on a next level tri-blend shirt and you'd sell a bunch I bet. Best t-shirts in my opinion and not too expensive

The buyer is able to select between an array of different type of shirts.
Here's a triblend for example: http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/13866797-pinball-game-of-skill?p=triblend-tee&style=triblend-tee&body_color=black_triblend&print_location=front

#2355 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Can you send direct link for the distressed WH2O on a tri blend?

I'm in the process of making a "vintage" version of many of my shirts. I'll get you the link as soon as it's available, it should be in a couple of hours

#2356 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just for the record I bought the original shirt from webdiddy probably a year ago and love it. Quality shirt that stays nice and soft after a year of washing.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/20913882-welcome-to-wet-willie-s?c=408989-pinball&p=t-shirt&ref=work_collections_grid&style=mens

I'm glad you're enjoying your shirt, I agree the quality of the shirts are really nice.

Out of interest, how many duvet covers do you sell. Can't quite convince the wife on that one!!!

Haha, I have not sold a single duvet cover Maybe you can convince her to at least get a throw pillow

#2357 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Can you send direct link for the distressed WH2O on a tri blend?

I have sent you a PM with the link, the shirt is up now and the rest will follow soon, I just got a Moderation notice that I need to create a classified ad, kinda strange because I was looking for feedback.

1 week later
#2369 7 years ago

Sorry for spamming the thread guys but for a limited time redbubble is offering 20% off.
https://www.redbubble.com/shop/tonygraf+wh2o?accordion=department

Use code SUPER20 at checkout

2 years later
#3683 5 years ago

Could someone please tell me where I can find the switch for the "right jet arena"?

#3687 5 years ago

Thanks guys, I found it.
I'm guessing it has not been hit in a while. There's a post just behind the jet, is it supposed to be there?

20190127_171805 (resized).jpg20190127_171805 (resized).jpg
#3689 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Yes, but most people have removed it. Apparently it was done to prevent a lot of drains out the outlane, but most here have said it’s been negligible and more pop bumper action with it out.

Sweet. I'll remove it then.

#3691 5 years ago

Just wanted to show off my little hotglue waterfall I made.
20190128_170248 (resized).jpg20190128_170248 (resized).jpg20190128_170339 (resized).jpg20190128_170339 (resized).jpg20190128_170521 (resized).jpg20190128_170521 (resized).jpg20190128_170429 (resized).jpg20190128_170429 (resized).jpg

#3704 5 years ago

I am having a problem with my bigfoot.
When shooting the whirlpool shot the bigfoot head spins a full 360 after a small delay, instead of looking back at me and rotate back. What could cause this?

#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Possibly a bad opto. Otherwise, the disk below the Bigfoot that alternately blocks/allows the optos to be read could have a piece broken off of it.
Try the diagnostic tests: Bigfoot head position - this would be the most useful. It should read UP, Diverter, Player when stopped in each of those respective positions.
Also try the Bigfoot Opto test.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider webdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=webdiddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.