Topic Stats

• 4,942 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 minutes ago by mystman12
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Attack-From-Mars-14x20-Print-Preview (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpg
ramp (resized).jpg
4991691B-2CDE-404A-B52C-909D2B6DA51A (resized).jpeg
85F95057-4540-4E75-9C2D-FBBFC35C9E14 (resized).jpeg
0F6675A9-6643-4C91-82DD-7A58C2377C75 (resized).jpeg
15892883026575714529621872992907 (resized).jpg
1589288286019575703401555636618 (resized).jpg
15892882694304648944974132286984 (resized).jpg
15892882511965118673158272087377 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20200511_203738 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200507_190701~2 (resized).jpg
20200505_225031 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3556 1 year ago

I am a new member of the club and excited to be a Whitewater owner. I am planning on getting it set up.this weekend when I get some time.

I noticed on the pin I bought that the previous owner hadn'y put any LED's in to light up the red boulders both at the back of the game and in the other areas. This is something I would like to do.

Can anyone recommend the best way (where to buy a strip, etc) to do this and what color LED's may work best? Any advice on how to best do this is very appreciated!

1 week later
#3605 1 year ago

So what are people’s thoughts on the skull mountain mod? Is it worth the price or should I just buy the grizzly bear mod and put in there?

#3607 1 year ago

So you called the grizzly bear(which I can buy on my own)garbage but you did’t really answer the question. Is the skull mountain mod worth the $100? Knowing I can put a $6 “do nothing” grizzly figure in roughly the same spot is what I’m debating.

I also guess I didn’t realize that any extra I put in a pin has to do something.

#3609 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Personally, I don't think so. The game is already PACKED with mountains, and adding more just blocks things and clutters up an already tight playfield. I'm also not a fan of how it blocks the player's view of the insanity falls shot. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, looking at the pictures, I'm wondering the same thing. That is why something small, cheap, and non-obstructive like the bear may be an option. Just not sure how to secure it in that spot.

I do think if the lost mountain mod were available, I would probably get that, though.

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can put all the toys & dolls on your game that you want of course, but jesus how much more does WH20 need? The entire thing is covered in ramps and mountains/boulders.
To each their own, but as stated above don;t see the point in further obscuring the shots.

Pretty sure that bear isn't going to obstruct anything. Why is it such a big deal to you if some of us want to add a thing or two to have fun with a game?

#3629 1 year ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I confess, I bought the bear (it was $5.00 from Michael's). It's not great, but it DOES hide the ugly grey switch cover and that was my justification for getting it. It is a little bit lame but as far as mods go it's pretty unobtrusive.

Yeah for $5, I don't see a problem with getting one. If I don't like it, its not like I'd have much money into it.

What did you use to secure it to that area?

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Pretty disparate for mods when a $6 plastic bear is one of the options.

I'd rather get the missing mountain mod but the guy that was still making them in Europe sounds like he isn't doing them anymore. Ditto for the guy in Colorado.

Anyone have am extra they want to sell?

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I thought somebody new picked up the mod. I may have an extra of the one Aeneas (from Europe) did. My favorite is the Red West but those are loooooong gone.

Is the one in the picture of your machine the one from Europe? I may be interested as it looks like a decent match for the game in your picture. What happened to the red west guy? Did he just stop making them?

1 month later
#3786 1 year ago

I was playing another pin tonight after completing a few on my Whitewater. Whitewater was still on but suddenly it started making a popping type sound and the DMD display went out along with the topper and topper lights.

I turned on and off a few times but the popping sound continues when on and the DMD and topper are still out. Is this a blown fuse, something on the board, or something else? I’ve never seen something like this happen with any pin I’ve owned in the past. Any insight on what happened and where the problem may lie is very appreciated.

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Very strange indeed. The obvious question is did you recently do any repairs or do any mods to the machine? Where is the popping sound coming from, under the playfield, behind the backglass? Narrowing down the origin would be my 1st step.

It seems to be coming from underneath the playfield. No recent installation of any mods. I did have a guy resolder the extra ball switch last week as the wire had come loose. Other then that, no work or mods have been installed since I got it in early January.

I hope something really bad didn’t happen. When the dmd and topper are involved, it is a bit unsettling.

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Look at anything under that switch when the platform is up. There was a solder drip somewhere

Thanks! It was actually just a blown fuse at F116 on the board (I think that was it).

A pinbulbs kit was installed previously that included a led strip behind the backbox boulders. This may be overloading the circuit so I'll have to monitor and see if it blows again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside