• 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6165 (resized).png
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0518 (resized).jpeg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theonlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5563 3 years ago

Hey gang, after 4 long years of obsessive searching, I have finally joined the club! I traded my mint CQ Demolition Man straight-up for the turd pictured below...
It basically works 100%, including the topper! I'ts got a good PF with no real wear, and the cab is just as ugly, but its straight, solid and all the corners are sharp! Obviously i'm about to take on a full restoration, and since there's several bits missing on the PF, I may need to ask for a little advice.

IMG_6300 (resized).JPGIMG_6300 (resized).JPGIMG_6301 (resized).JPGIMG_6301 (resized).JPG
#5566 3 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

Glad to see you Here theonlyest from the Cyclone forums. Mine was a rescue as well, with Mud dobber nests in the backboard.

lol, thanks bro, maybe my turd isnt so bad afterall!

#5592 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

I traded a mint sopranos for WH20 and $1500. It was in bad shape. In a smoker’s home for 20 years.
Much to my chagrin, I was able to completely get rid of the smell using an 03 machine. Did a complete restore on it.

Nice work!! Mine is basically in the same condition as yours was, minus the rust and corrosion... I've got parts and materials flowing in pretty constantly now through next week! One thing about my turd that i'm excited about, is that the topper is a tad faded, but it works, and there's no bubbles or wrinkles in it.

I'm having trouble finding just the long "Lost Mine" boulder (in case anyone has one for sale?), and the large back piece is in perfect shape, but the mounting holes are slightly damaged and repairable. I have NOS replacements for the other 4,

#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Sounds like a great journey ahead. If you need any pics for a certain angle you didn’t capture, I have plenty. Just ask.

Thanks very much sir! I have a feeling that eventually i'll have to take you up on that offer!

#5597 3 years ago

Does anyone have a nice, undamaged one of these that they're mad at? I need an original-ish one to match the other originals in my game.
I dont need the decal, domes, or the sign, so its fine if they're missing. Please PM me!

left mountains (resized).JPGleft mountains (resized).JPG

1 week later
#5613 3 years ago

Hey gang, does anyone have a NOS/repro or nice used mini playfield for sale?

Added over 3 years ago:

[FOUND ONE]

#5622 3 years ago

ok, hopefully the last thing I need, to finish my restore... A DMD. Anyone who converted to color or LED have a nice, bright, and 100% working original DMD they wanna sell? I'd be interested in an LED also, as long its a direct replacement for the high voltage original.

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I have original dmd's from Champion Pub and World Cup Soccer 94. Not sure if either of those are compatible.

Yes, both/either would be! Please PM me with an asking price.

2 weeks later
#5641 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What started as a quick switch adjustment became a replacement of my Spine Chiller ramp. Went smooth and turned out great!

Cool! I replaced all 7 ramps a couple weeks ago... My ass still hurts.

#5648 3 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Bigfoot shaved his head.

Yeah, that's the only thing left that I havn't decided how to handle yet, I would prefer to find a complete original head WITH hair to replace, but the game plays fine with bald bigfoot. The rest of the work is done... Thanks of course to a few new friends from this thread that helped me out with some crucial parts!
IMG_6338 (resized).JPGIMG_6338 (resized).JPGIMG_6340 (resized).JPGIMG_6340 (resized).JPGIMG_6341 (resized).JPGIMG_6341 (resized).JPG

#5657 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I am off to put a deposit down on a player's condition WW2O tomorrow. Hoping to pick it up next month.
It seems like the new repro ramps aren't a good fit. Is there anything else I should know about as I had planned to do a full restoration on this?
are here any solid mods for the Bigfoot, you know so he doesn't look like a guy I would want to avoid at the bar? I saw the Yeti mod, I just wasn't sure if someone came up with a more attractive, less creepy guy looking bigfoot.

Bigfoot is always grinning! He's a happy and reasonably harmless creep!

1 week later
#5713 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

color dmd is worth it for WH20.

I agree that ColorDMD is really nifty and pretty and all... There's just one thing I cant get past when I think about this very expensive upgrade...
When you guys play pinball... Do you watch the DMD, or the silver ball(s)??

#5718 2 years ago

I am very pro-LED display upgrades, they offer reliability and are certainly more energy efficient and less intensive on PS heat and 25+ year-old electronics, and also not far off in price from a replacement plasma. I have blue LED displays in my WW & ES, orange ones in my BK2K & Cyclone, and a red one in my Getaway. Color-matching of the LED display to the color-scheme of the game is all the "fancy" I need!
I'm not a very good player, so my eyes are always on the ball!

#5737 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Mine gets stuck on the left side, back corner quite a bit. There is a switch that holds the ball in place before it drops down. It doesn’t move until I tilt the game. I have bent the switch but I’m scared to bend it further.

I know your pain, I had to replace this switch during my recent restore and had the exact aggravating problem. I was bending it over and over trying to find that sweet spot, which aint easy because its almost impossible to reach with your hands. Ultimately, I pulled the falls ramp out, removed the switch and got the actuator back to its original shape, then added 3/8" spacers between the bracket and ramp, and boom. I ran the ball manually back and forth a few hundred times in switch test mode, and with the pf in its normal position and trying to lodge the ball manually, no could do. It aint right, but it works perfectly now.

#5741 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They also removed three entire switches and their brackets and I'm not sure I will find them. Anyone know where I might get these switch assemblies, or the brackets?

Looks like a VERY light project to me! Looks pretty clean for a re-import! I was trying to source those brackets about 2 months ago, nobody had them...
You'll need the pigtails also, Marco is out of those too. The switches, screws, nuts, & fishpapers are readily available everywhere.
You have your work cut out on that detail. I did snag one bracket that Marco has, it looks like the right one in the pic, but its not, so dont buy em. You're welcome!

#5743 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks. Were yours missing too? I cant for the life of me figure out why they were removed. The Ramos are original, so it's not like they were lost during a swap, and I don't see some of the wiring or connectors under the playfield, so I will have to run wires from the connectors on the boards I guess. Weird. I may have to try to make these brackets out of sheet metal or something.... Yuk!

No, mine were there, but I did a full top-side restore, so I wanted shiny now ones, didn't happen. The old ones cleaned up pretty enough though.
You may want to research an alternative, like MRS switches. Usually they have the same green/white 2-pin pigtails integrated as well.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10293 Marco doesnt have them in stock, but theres a guy here on pinside who makes them, a simple forum search should help you find him quickly.
I have noticed over the years that Germans do a lot of weird and stupid shit to their pins, you'll never know the reason those switches were pulled and then apparently moronically discarded.

#5746 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Well, I ordered three of these.

Unfortunately you will likely discover that those are not wide enough to span the ramp entrances... But my fingers are crossed for ya!
But now you know who to talk to for MRS's!!

#5750 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Do you have a website? All I see when I click on your business name is contact info.
I guess I'd mount that under the ramp entrance instead of the switch being over the ramp? I'm not opposed to the idea, and I guess the top two could be suspended over the ramps since you can't see them anyway. I'd be interested in three of them.

They are tiny, you can put them on the bottom or the side with super thin 2-sided tape. They are magnetic so the ball just needs to pass by it. They dont have to be mounted in the same spot as the gate, just close where there's room to attach it. If you attach them to the side, just dont put them where a metal ramp guard is in front of it. If I was in your situation, this is the only remedy I would be looking at... But i'd wanna know about the activation range of the MRS, because the ramp openings are pretty wide.

#5791 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Apparently the "original" missing mountain and the boulder shooter rod are no longer available?

Seems like the person who has the ability to make these, is missing out on a ton of revenue! This seems to be increasingly common in this hobby!
Pinheads don't seem to like money... They either don't want to earn money by making products (that they're able to make) that people want... Or they're giving all their money away for ridiculously overpriced games and parts!

1 week later
#5827 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Last issue is the boulder garden switch. So, it's wired up and the switch works, but it registers as switch 68 ( disaster drop entrance.)
I can't figure it out, because the opto on disaster drop registers properly as 68 too. The boulder garden switch is connected to a plug directly underneath it, no wiring looks hacked at that connector or on the boards. It's not like they were swapped with each other, which is what I was hoping for. Any ideas?

I'd assume that the wires and/or diode orientation is wrong on that switch. Compare its lug connections to a similar type switch and make sure the diode is not backward.

#5832 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Bingo! The white was to the center lug instead of the green. I think I make the mistake of believing that everyone else would make sure a switch was actually working after their hack repair.
Thank you so much for the advice. I am up and running 100% and it feels awesome!

It happens all the time, that mistake will make the switch matrix act nutty, I wont bore you with why... When I first got my game, everytime I triggered the insanity falls switch, one of the pop bumpers would fire... The really bizarre thing is, the switch was wired wrong at the factory!!

1 week later
#5853 2 years ago

Hey gang, if anyone has a bigfoot head with all his original hair still intact, and willing to part with it, please PM me. I will pay cash and/or trade if there's any bits you need that I may have.

1 month later
#5927 2 years ago
Quoted from J67ab:

From the Aphex Twin Warp récords cover https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Collapse-EP/release/12512500 that is very similar to the Whitewater topper the technique is called Procédé Heliophore on silver foil.

Old school cool!!!

#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hey gang, if anyone has a bigfoot head with all his original hair still intact, and willing to part with it, please PM me. I will pay cash and/or trade if there's any bits you need that I may have.

I am still searching for this, please help a brother out! The bald bigfoot in my otherwise 99% restored game is making me OCD crazy!!

#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine is somehow armless. I tried making cloth arms and using some fur from down below but it was a fail. How the hell am I going to get bigfoot arms?! I can't understand why someone would remove them

Well that sucks! I dont know which is worse! The cute thing is that Marco and everyone else sells a bald replacement head, but nobody sells any of the fur! Unless you want to attempt tearing apart a teddy bear and redo the whole bigfoot, you're just SOL on matching the head to the body or vice versa.

#5936 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

This what you are looking for?

It sure is! PM sent!!

4 weeks later
#5987 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Okay, I'll dig some more and try and get better pics. Location-wise, it's on the lower playfield loop, almost directly behind the VUK that leads up to the ramp behind bigfoot.

That switch/bracket is supposed to span across the bigfoot ramp where I added to your pic, its laying where it is because it has broken both mounts off the ramp and fallen down there. You need to replace that ramp and replace the switch, and remount it. Its a crucial switch for proper game functionality and scoring.

d05c4.jpgd05c4.jpg
1 month later
#6039 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Also if anyone has any PF parts available I am in the market.

Are you looking for just new parts, or good used?

#6041 2 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Good question, perhaps for now maybe just some good used. I keep flip flopping and my OCD tends to get the better of me. I eventually want to do a full restoration: new or restored PF, and the works, but I'd also like to play it for a bit beforehand.
This one is such a beater, chipped and sunken inserts, drywall screws in replacement of missing posts, a broken ramp and missing ramp protector at Disaster Drop....[quoted image]

Geez, and I thought mine was a turd when I got it! I dont know how you'd even play that thing, it would be like bowling on a dirt road!
Anyway, I dont know if you've priced parts yet, but a set of ramps and boulders alone is a grand! This is a VERY expensive game to restore!!
I have some nice used ramps and other misc bits laying around, hit me up if you ever wanna discuss.

1 month later
#6136 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

You should be able to adjust the vertical positioning of the coil with the screws that bolt it to the bracket.
I believe that they are slotted so that the coil (and therefore it's plunger) can be lowered a bit.
If that is not possible, you could also try bending the bottom part of the bracket down a bit, so the plunger sits lower.

Yes, that. I had the same issue with mine, it took forever screwing with it, but you have to get the coil/plunger/cup lower. I was unsuccessful so eventually I took the rubber bumper off the coil stop, and replaced it with a 2mm thin piece of sticky backed rubber I had laying around... Problem gone. You can get away with just removing the stop, but you will hear the plunger clunk when it drops back down.

4 weeks later
#6172 2 years ago

A dead match for the good ol fashioned decals, original and new GenII. Apparently not so much the Radcals.
Home Depot, Amazon, etc all stock it.

IMG_6838 (resized).JPGIMG_6838 (resized).JPG
Before & After...

Image1 (resized).pngImage1 (resized).pngImage2 (resized).pngImage2 (resized).png
The overspray in the back around the boards is from the factory, and it matches this paint exactly!

1 month later
#6281 2 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Next time someone dusts the top dome of the topper could you take a photo of where the reflective tape goes--I still can't picture it.

A thread search can be helpful...
All this will do is light up more of your ceiling... 99 out 100 games dont have this tape anymore. The original glue dried up from heat and the tape fell off within a few months of the game being unboxed.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TYKFS8K/

#6284 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Does anyone know if whitewater uses the same cabinet/backbox as other wpc games, except for that topper lamp space?
Pretty cool they made a special modification just for that.

The simple answer is yes... Aside from the modifications for the topper.

3 weeks later
#6420 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I replaced my Bigfoot ramp and I ended up sanding it down with a dremmel tool. It was a little scary at first but pretty easy to do in total. It is all concealed by the steel ramp flap.
Other option is to sand/modify the playfield itself, which to me was too risky.
But the newer ramps are much thicker than the stock ramps and this Bigfoot one does not sit flush if you dont modify.

I replaced all my ramps about a year ago, bought direct from SF. they are great quality, but I had to grind and/or heat reshape all but one I think...

#6422 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

How exactly did you heat reshape the ramps? This seems scary to me, but maybe it's what I need to do.

Very slowly and carefully... Lots of practice and a heat gun. One of the trickiest i've ever done was this past weekend with a Fish Tales ramp... You have to do it with the ramp IN the game! Actually broke a sweat on that one! lol

If you have some trash ramps, like maybe the ones you're replacing... practice!

#6424 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Never stop moving the heat.

Yup, definitely that! Helps to not totally melt the thing...

#6428 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I just don't know how I would ever "get it right". There's no way to even know how much or how little to bend it without re-testing how it would all fit together.
Maybe I would have to do it while it's inside the machine like you said - but that only seems to make it scarier. I suppose if I screw it up, I can just buy another Bigfoot ramp again. But at $130 bucks a pop that will get expensive quick...

Well, at least this ramp would be the easiest to heat on the game, removing just a few bits makes it completely accessible. You should post detailed pics of your fitment issue, it may be easier for us to give advice.

#6437 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, it's pretty hard to see in the pictures, but here is the issue.
In the first picture, the ramp sits "as is". If you look carefully, you can see that the ramp entrance flap does not actually touch the playfield and instead sort of sits horizontal to it - making an edge that the ball would hit (and it actually gets worse when the ramp is screwed down).
In the second picture I have the ramp elevated from behind. It is sitting on a white piece of plastic about 3/4" thick, which keeps the ramp from "leaning back". Now the flap is flush with the playfield and gives the ball a smooth transition.
I wonder if I could fabricate an L-shaped braket that could support the ramp in this way and screw into the backboard. That might be worth pursuing before I try using heat to reshape the ramp. Thoughts?

Ok, this is not a reshaping issue, you need to grind material off under the flap, at the edge where the plastic contacts the upper pf. the issue is that the plastic is too thick for the flap to lay as it should. whatever you do, DONT try to bend the flap, grind away the plastic to make it thinner ONLY where it makes contact with the wood, like on a 45 degree angle. Just do a bit at a time and test fit till its right. I recall doing this with mine, and it fits perfect.

#6439 2 years ago

This may help, im not much of a graphic artist... imagine this is your ramp from the side... grind off the yellow area across the width of the ramp, problem solved. This will not compromise the integrity or strength of your ramp.

Image2.jpgImage2.jpg
#6445 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The ramp just doesn't sit at the right angle. The old ramp (since it was thinner and therefore more flexible) could be twisted into the right shape. But this more rigid ramp can't do that.
It's not a problem with the thickness of the edge (anymore), it's a problem with the shape of the ramp.

Then you'll have to heat and reshape it, I doubt it will take much.

#6466 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, after careful application of a heat gun, I was able to bend the Bigfoot ramp enough that now it sits properly, with the flap nice and flush with the playfield. I don't have the entire machine back together yet - but at least I am over that hurdle.
Using the heat gun was tricky because it goes from doing nothing to almost melting the ramp very quickly. I think I got kind of lucky with it. With a little less luck I think I would have had a pile of melted goo.

#6471 2 years ago

My upper-lower ramp fit fine, but I had to trim away the inside of the sling protector. to attach the Bigfoot ramp, I chamfered the holes to sink the screws flush... 6-32 x 5/8" w/nylock nuts.

IMG_6942 (resized).JPGIMG_6942 (resized).JPGImage11 (resized).jpgImage11 (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#6474 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

This looks perfect. My favorite new word is chamfered.

#6496 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I do have another issue, that I don't think will be too hard to fix. The main waterfall ramp has two "escape spots" for when the ball doesn't make it. Unfortunately, the ball can now get hung up on the edges of both of those spots and not "escape" as designed. Even nudging to the point of tilting won't release the ball.

I had the same issue with this, played many games before it became apparent... But when it does, you're taking the glass out to retrieve the ball!
I heated that area and pressed at the exit edge right in the middle a tad at a time, solved. I dont suggest doing it on the game, you'll melt the mountain.

#6501 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hi Larry,
I like your ramps. Is it 100% same as the original? No - the shape is the same, the thickness is greater. But it's stronger, and I like it.
If I am ready for a restoration, it means I am ready for minor modifications.
New shiny clear ramp looks 100x better than yellowish, broken and hacked old one. Without new ramps high level restoration is basically impossible for most of the titles. Thanks for doing this.

2nd that! I hope you're not feeling beat up on Larry... Your ramps and stuff may not always fit perfect for every game, and pretty expensive, but the material quality and durability is fantastic!! Thanks to you, the world can keep their games beautiful and playing! I appreciate everything you do for this hobby, even when you empty my bank account, and i'm melting, grinding and modifying everything!

1 week later
#6535 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I'm thinking that this item on Amazon isn't licensed either...

Thanks for the link! I think i'll order one before PPS sees that post and has a shitfit and sues Amazon!

#6546 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I can only guarantee that my mountains will match each other, not the ones in your game now. There is no standard color for tan HIPS. Every run is a different color. I made mine a darker brown because they are a bit more translucent than the originals. I was trying to match the effect in the game with lights up. I did not try to match them when they are off the game.

My Larry mountains are great, they all fit good and look great when lit. I had to trim the big wide one in the back where it sits behind the VUK wireform, but no biggie. They were a very close match to the tattered original ones I trashed... thicker and way more durable too! I have also finally recovered financially from the "G" I dropped for the ramp and mountain sets!

1 week later
#6556 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:Nobody seems to make mods that actually affect the gameplay.

I believe that is intentional... I believe most people, like myself have no interest in altering or changing the dynamics or gameplay.
But the beauty is, you can do whatever you want with your game, and you shouldn't get butt-hurt if others are not onboard with it.

2 weeks later
#6580 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Just had a pretty amazing game. I completed the Whirlpool Mode over and over and over again. I never knew before that it maxed out at 53 milliion per shot (with 100 mil for the completion bonus).
Before this that I had only gotten to the 60 million bonus point (a couple of times). This game I completed the 100 million bonus several times (I think it was 6, but not really certain).
I got into a great rhythm of dead bouncing over to the left flipper from out of the mine and then into No Way Out to the Whirlpool. Final game total was almost 3 Billion. Would have been better, but I drained ball 3 with Extra Ball and the 3rd lock both lit.

Sounds like you finally got all those ramps fitted pretty good!

1 month later
#6612 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Brian Allen art blades, skull mountain, missing mountain, and some Comet LED’s all showed up this week. Still need to tweak the lighting a bit, but I think she’s pretty much dialed in. The camera on my phone makes the blues look really, uh…blue.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! May I ask WHERE the missing mountain showed up from??

#6615 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

https://www.pinballshop.nl/playfield-parts/toys-and-figures/white-water-waterfall-mountain/
Super fast shipping too. Arrived to my house in CA 4 or 5 days after I ordered it.

Thanks for the tip!

2 weeks later
#6649 1 year ago
Quoted from Melly:

Ramps are all fine

They dont look broken, but filthy and worn out! You can barely see through them. Nothing beats crystal clear ramps!

#6653 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

exactly. let people do what they want with them and enjoy them. disappointed that everyone here is so judgmental about games.

Hey, watch that "everyone here" stuff! White armor, rainbow puke, excessive toy add-ons, etc... Definitely not my thing, but to each his own, I dont judge!

1 week later
#6693 1 year ago

I think I have a couple of those, let me know if you strike out with Eric... That guy can be totally FoS!

#6701 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Thanks again for checking Eric.
Still looking…

Check your PM's later this evening, I know I have one.

1 week later
#6720 1 year ago
Quoted from Paseb:

What do you think of that blue for powdercoat? I dont know the exact color code but i think ive found something similar looking.

Way too much blue for my taste.

#6730 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Ordered some ciffies for the top VUK, looks like it's a plate or something. Has anyone installed this plate at the top from cliffy, if so does it work good?

I have it, works great! However, you need to mind how it sits before you lock everything down... It can create an uneven transition gap from the plastic ramp to the upper pf, especially if you have a new repro "thicker" ramp... a slow roller will get stuck in the gap. You will tilt your game to get it loose.

#6736 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Yep. I have a transition gap after adding a thicker ramp. I’ve tried a few solutions, but I still get balls stuck about once every 3-4 games. I can launch another ball to clear it, or remove the glass. I can’t shake it free. I need to consider shaving the thickness of the new ramp down a bit at the end, but I’m nervous about causing damage.

I added a couple small bits of mylar on the low side, staggered on top of each other to build it up gradually to the gap, then a longer single piece running over the whole stretch of the gap and buildup mylar. it solved the problem.
Part of this issue is just a pretty dumb design... If that ramp had a flap on it, this wouldn't be an issue in any scenario. I thought about just adding a flap, but I really didnt feel like tearing my freshly restored game back down again...
If I have to tear it down in the future, i'll have to remove the mylar anyway, then I will add a flap to that ramp to bridge that gap.

2 months later
#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I guess I'm going to try FL-11630 coils on the lower flippers. I feel like they should be plenty strong enough. Apparently no one else has this airball issue?

I get airballs too, but not to the extreme that you describe. Stationary targets, especially the bigass 3D ones create airballs in most games.
The newer the back foam, the more extreme to deflection. I see a lot of people ripping out the foam strip to reduce the bounce-back, which in many games cause the ball to rocket 80mph right down the middle!

1 month later
#6940 1 year ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I picked up a beater of a Whitewater last year for 4K. I have another 4K in parts into it and still need to buy new ramps

I feel you... I traded a mint HUO Demo Man for a heap-o-shit White Water, then blew another $4k in parts and countless hours restoring it.
Blowing a grand for 20 bucks worth of plastic (all new ramps & boulders) is the hardest pill to swallow... No disrespect to Larry.

#6944 1 year ago

Torching your ramps is usually referred too as "flame polishing". I've done it on a hundreds of ramps from every game imaginable, including WH2O, so YES.

1 week later
#6977 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

it's the backbox flasher 20v I can't find, and it doesn't seem they're available in this kit either.

Iv'e been watching this convo for a couple days... I have no clue what you guys are talking about with this 20v-24v backbox panel flasher bulb nonsense.... But I think you guys are trippin!! I've been a pinball tech for over 30 years, and I don't know of any 20v wedge flasher bulbs in ANY insert panel! I have had good-ol standard 12v 906 LED flashers in my WH20 for over a year and they work just fine... Coincidentally, same thing in my other 11 pins for about 7 years, I don't think i've ever even had one fail!

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I run standard 12v LED flashers from Comet in my backbox. No issues at all. I also have not ever run across any 20v bulbs in any of my machines.

There are 24v 1251 flasher bulbs in early system 11 games, but they are bayonet type bulbs and only used under playfields and in beacons (High Speed, F14, etc).

2 months later
#7091 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Does anyone have a good condition, used or new repro Bigfoot Bluff or Spine Chiller ramp? I’m ready to replace my busted up ones.

I have a good used "Spine Chiller" ramp, which is actually called the "Lower to Upper" ramp. No damage, just needs to be cleaned up and perhaps flame polished.

1 month later
#7189 1 year ago
Quoted from MountZion:

I just got a White Water again - missed the darn game too much - and the topper foil is in great shape.... however all 4 edges of the topper have come loose from the topper base / backing and are peeling back. I am trying to glue it back on, but I was just wondering if you guys had a recommendation on what glue to use....

A very light coat of good ol rubber cement.

2 weeks later
#7268 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Well, maybe not screwed, but I’m out $20 bucks.

Pinbits received thousands in "donations" since covid started. They left the website functional, took payments, shipped nothing, ignored emails and disappeared. If you didn't hammer Paypal for a refund in time, you were SOL!
Pam was such a wonderful lady, and made quite an income from this community for many years! Hard to believe she would ever shit on everyone the way she did...

#7273 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Martin is older.
This is got me wondering if they survived covid.

As far as I know, they did... A few people local to them reported showing up at their house when they never received their orders... They were told that Pinbits would be back and make good on orders, but they never did. Being a home-based operation, there's no obvious reason for what they did, they had the perfect business to THRIVE during covid! But for some unknown reason, they went the other way! Hell, they should have sold all their business equipment and assets, i'll bet there's a dozen or so people here who may have bought it, myself included! I'm still kicking myself for not buying Comet and/or Titan when I had the chance!

2 months later
#7384 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Has anyone used Comet’s Color Lens Indicator Lamps in the Insanity Falls / Whirlpool sign? Anyone use any color other than red or yellow?

Yes, I have them in all 12 of my pins, I only use the correct colors for the bulb position, except I am not using them in the WH20 whirlpool because I think they look better white when not lit, and blue when they are. But between all my games, I have every color they make. They look and work fantastic!

#7388 11 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Thank you! Do you happen to have a photo of the red and yellow in your WH2O sign?

I'm at work now, but there are some pics of my WH2O in my profile game room pics. You can get an idea of how they look in pics of my other games too, especially Funhouse.

2 weeks later
#7429 10 months ago
Quoted from GILV:

Hey everyone.
I don't own a White Water (anymore) but I've been keeping this topper for many years and I don't think I'll ever buy another White Water so I'm selling it

That's really cool and cute, but i'm confused... How is this a topper? I'm pretty sure that most Whitewater's have a massive dome topper already! Does this guy sit on the dome and block the waterfall effect?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

17,250 (OBO)
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theonlyest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=theonlyest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.