Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sscnz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5125 3 years ago

Hi All,

I would appreciate if someone with more experience could validate my thinking... =)

I have had some issues with the Disaster drop main switch (c7/r5) randomly triggering during gameplay. Working through the switch matrix I have found that when the Right Trough switch is triggered (c7/r6), if I activate the Left Ramp Main opto (c6/r6) this also activates Disaster drop main switch (c7/r5).

I have desoldered and confirmed that the diode is working on the Right Trough switch and I have completely replaced the Disaster drop main switch and diode. I also know that there's a potential issue with the opto board, considering that it's the Left Ramp main opto that triggers the Disaster drop main switch. But, this only occurs when the Right trough switch is triggered. In the switch test, everything works, including the Left Ramp main opto as long as I don't also trigger the Right trough switch...

Is there any way I can confirm that the issue lies with the opto board? Or do I just have to buy some LM339s and replace on the board as next step? What makes the issue worse is that it's intermittent. I can play the games for hours with no issue, then all of a sudden, the disaster drop switch randomly engages again.
Thanks!

/Stefan

#5127 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I had a similar problem and replacing the LM339 chips on the optoboard on the underside of the playfield solved my issue. Fortunately, mine were already socketed from someone previously so it looks like the problem occurs somewhat frequently.

Ah, yeah, just had a look and I'm not that lucky.. mine are straight on the board. Well.. I guess it's time to put some sockets in now. =)

#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

This thread also helped me figure that out in case it's something else for you: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/switch-column-not-working#post-5624948

Ah, excellent troubleshooting info, thanks! I have ordered sockets and a bunch of LM339 chips. Should arrive nxt week.. will provide an update once replaced. =)

2 months later
#5259 3 years ago
Quoted from sscnz:

Ah, excellent troubleshooting info, thanks! I have ordered sockets and a bunch of LM339 chips. Should arrive nxt week.. will provide an update once replaced. =)

Ok.. so thought I solved this by buying a new Opto board (with sockets for the LM339 chips). The game worked as soon as I changed the opto board. But, a week later the same issue happened. I had some spare LM339 chips and once replaced, the game was working again. For a single day. After a day the issue is back I'm certain that it's an LM339 chip issue again (I'll confirm tonight after replacing the LM339s again). So, what the heck is causing the LM339 chips to die? I really don't want to replace the two LM339 chips every time I want to have a game =). Any advice on how to troubleshoot this? I have checked if any connections in to the opto board is shorted etc. but can't find any issue so far.

The issue I see is essentially this, when there's a ball in the right trough, activating a switch on row 5 will also trigger Disaster drop main. I have no issues whenever there is no ball in the trough.

Thanks all!

#5264 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

You could try a new opto board if all else fails.

Well that was my first solution.. there's a brand new opto board in the machine. The LM339 still blows! =)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sscnz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=sscnz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.