Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rusticatedbelt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5130 3 years ago

Anyone happen to have their Bigfoot assembly detached and could take a few photos of the Opto interrupter piece attached to the bottom of the motor shaft (between the opto board and motor casing? The part in the manual is 03-8698 Actuator Opto Switch. Don’t see a replacement part anywhere so I need to recreate this from scratch. A few photos by a tape measure or with calipers would be welcomed. Seems like it would be easy enough to 3D print.

#5132 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is a simple disc. I can't tell you the exact diameter, but you can easily measure the distance between the opto and the center of the shaft.
Wall thickness is about 2 mm, height is ~ 10 mm.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the quick photos @davi! That’s exactly what I needed. I’ll be able to measure to the Optos to get the appropriate diameter. Looks like the interruption fin goes around the disk at about 225 degrees. There is a flat-lock face ground on the shaft to Keep the disc secure, I’m assuming the relative position of that in relation to the disc/fin wouldn’t matter as the Opto board will take care of the necessary motor rotation.

#5137 3 years ago

What’s the verdict on replacement ramps and boulders from Starship Fantasy or Marco? They are essentially priced the same considering shipping from both. Are they the same quality? Seems like most posters were saying Starship, but I saw some pretty badly painted boulders on this thread that may have come from Starship that needed some help, and looking to avoid that.

#5142 3 years ago

Thanks all! Appreciate the opinions! Darker is fine, just didn’t want the “chocolate covered mountain” effect. Not even worth stumbling on to the icy whites.

10 months later
#5868 2 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Hello everyone I’m trying to join the club “Slowly gathering parts” for a insane scratch build? Looking for a set of lamp boards? And the Lost Mine Mech amongst many other parts? Please let me know if anyone has anything they would part with, most things considered
Ideally I’d love a semi populated playfield? Well if you don’t ask you don’t get?
Thanks and great club

I’m in the middle of doing this myself…nice to have some company! As with most things, there are some unobtainium parts that you’re going to have to get creative with, and you’re probably going to have to draw the line on what’s worth the wait to source, and what can be fabricated. Being in the UK, you’ll have some different sourcing available.

Hard to get, (just off the top of my head, hope others can add if I missed something):
Topper foil (obviously not affecting gameplay)
Light/Lamp Boards
Bigfoot Mech
GI Backglass Lightboard
Ball Guides/Wire Guides
Wireforms
Rapids/Canyon Double Switch gate (upper playfield)
Lane Guides
Miscellaneous Posts/Supports
Wire Harness
Transformer
Playfield Apron/Arch Hat Supports

The Whirlpool Eject Assembly (Lost Mine Popper Mech) is readily available from Mantis:
https://mantispinball.com/product/whitewater-lost-mine-popper/

I’ve actually been working on recreating Light Boards, ready to send them for PCB manufacturing after I understand that process. You could skip that however by wiring/mapping individual sockets; boards aren’t necessary, with the whirlpool board as an exception maybe.

Download the guide and parts list from IPDB if you haven’t already. Be warned there are a few components missing in those guides. I’d go ahead and order a fresh Mirco playfield now to use as a template though. That was my first order of business.

#5872 2 years ago
Quoted from alepage:

Thanks yes I've got the parts list, got a decent playfield, be interested in your light boards if it gets off the ground, been buying bits for a while now managed to come across the following from your list, note some still needed!
Topper foil (obviously not affecting gameplay) GOT
Light/Lamp Boards STILL NEEDED
Bigfoot Mech GOT
GI Backglass Lightboard GOT Something suitable Hopefully!
Ball Guides/Wire Guides STILL NEEDED
wire guides STILL NEEDED
Rapids/Canyon Double Switch gate (upper playfield) STILL NEEDED
Lane Guides gonna use Mantis Thanks for heads up
Miscellaneous Posts/Supports STILL NEEDED
Wire Harness GOT Something suitable Hopefully!
Transformer GOT
Playfield Apron/Arch Hat Supports GOT

Thanks for the heads up on Mantis I hadn't come across them before don't suppose anyone knows of any valid coupons for Mantis? the shipping is nearly as expensive as the order!!!!
Thanks Tony

Sounds like you're well on your way. Find options for those remaining hurdles and you should be good to go.

You probably don't need the Rapids/Canyon Double Switch...that could be substituted out with a couple magnetic reed switches.

Ball guides...the Mantis set is really just generic sheet metal and will probably only work for a few guides, plus you'd have to rivet them together. I'm planning on just getting these fabricated with tabs from a playfield trace. Yeah the shipping is steep for Mantis even in the states (because of the damage being done to our postal system). These are built solidly though...thicker and more robust than the original and should last for the life of the game.

I'm finished with the Lamp Boards in KiCAD (that's the hard part), just need triple check sizes and learn how to ship them out for fabrication. Obviously will need to test them when I get them in.

#5882 2 years ago

Printed templates of the KiCad cut line…pretty close! I thought I could get away with a more robust whirlpool PCB since it is on standoffs, but it looks like I need to tweak the board a bit to make the outer diameter thinner (it is uncomfortably close to the adjacent dimples and post holes).

BFD73B5D-E1BD-4016-8B7D-70B3F4E54F7D (resized).jpegBFD73B5D-E1BD-4016-8B7D-70B3F4E54F7D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5909 2 years ago

On the topic of the Lost Mine popper, is anyone using the reproduction assembly from Mantis, and if so, what armature/plunger length you are using? I assembled it with two different plungers and both seem like they’d interfere with the ball rolling into the popper cup.

I’ve tried:
02-4672 (4-1/16”) *per the manual
02-4668 (3-7/8”) - might be “ok”…but the popper cup fins are still above the ball chute.

Looks like a 3.5” would be better, but I don’t see a standard Bally/Williams part at that length. Also would need the hole for the popper screw. Maybe I need to cut the end down?

Thanks in advance.

#5918 2 years ago

Anyone have a spare WH2O apron/lower arch assembly out there that they are willing to part with? Maybe someone who upgraded to a illuminated apron from Pinball Dreams a couple years ago, or had one of those they didn't want? Thought I'd ask here before I posted to market. Please PM.

1 year later
#6800 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Congrats on your WH2o! These are fun to restore (but expensive) with so many new parts available. Don’t forget the green lite/lock targets! 2 for $22 with free shipping isn’t bad. Marco has full sets of mountains, ramps, plastics, decals. Pricy, but fun to see it come together! Good luck!
[quoted image]

Pinball Life has them also, cheaper.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-green-transparent-standup-target-3-ddeep-rectangle.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

17,250 (OBO)
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rusticatedbelt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=rusticatedbelt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.