Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2781 6 years ago

What’s up folks, I’ll be potentially joining the club in a week and had a few questions regarding LED installation on this machine:

1) Do you have to disassemble the upper playfield, whirlpool ramp, or anything else to install LEDs or are the bulbs otherwise accessible

2) Should I keep incandescents in the topper or do folks have suggestions on what to replace those with? Wasn’t sure if the overall effect is as good with LEDs vs. incandescents

3) Anyone use an LED kit from cointaker or pinballbulbs or have other LED recommendations?

Thanks!

1 week later
#2796 6 years ago

I have offically joined the club and I'm excited to add a WhiteWater to the collection! I have the following technical question for the group since I suspect something is wrong (likely an opto or switch I presume):

When I hit the whirlpool shot, I suspect that someone is not registering correctly. I've observed a few behaviors that I would suspect are related:

1) When I hit the shot when the whirlpool award is not lit, the ball goes down the whirlpool as it should but the vacation planner doesn't pop up on the colorDMD (I have the latest 3.3 firmware) before the ball kicks out of the lost mine

2) When I hit the shot when the whirlpool award is lit, the ball goes fown the whirlpool and makes the flushing sound and then a whirlpool award mode starts but the introduction animation doesn't come up on the colorDMD. For instance, for each whirlpool mode (i.e. man overboard, spirit of the river, etc..), I'm supposed to be seeing the dmd animation of hte whirlpool with the name of the award mode inside of it...but I don't see that. The mode will start as usual but I miss the animation and callout.

3) When I'm in the whirpool award mode, and hit the whirpool shot successfully, I'm supposed to be seeing the 5 Million dmd animation for each successful shot but don't often see it.

I suspect there's an opto or some switch at the bottom of the whirlpool hole that is either broken or intermittent? Any help to diagnose and fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!!

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have offically joined the club and I'm excited to add a WhiteWater to the collection! I have the following technical question for the group since I suspect something is wrong (likely an opto or switch I presume):
When I hit the whirlpool shot, I suspect that someone is not registering correctly. I've observed a few behaviors that I would suspect are related:
1) When I hit the shot when the whirlpool award is not lit, the ball goes down the whirlpool as it should but the vacation planner doesn't pop up on the colorDMD (I have the latest 3.3 firmware) before the ball kicks out of the lost mine
2) When I hit the shot when the whirlpool award is lit, the ball goes fown the whirlpool and makes the flushing sound and then a whirlpool award mode starts but the introduction animation doesn't come up on the colorDMD. For instance, for each whirlpool mode (i.e. man overboard, spirit of the river, etc..), I'm supposed to be seeing the dmd animation of hte whirlpool with the name of the award mode inside of it...but I don't see that. The mode will start as usual but I miss the animation and callout.
3) When I'm in the whirpool award mode, and hit the whirpool shot successfully, I'm supposed to be seeing the 5 Million dmd animation for each successful shot but don't often see it.
I suspect there's an opto or some switch at the bottom of the whirlpool hole that is either broken or intermittent? Any help to diagnose and fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!!

I have rom version L-3 and sound rom L-1. Could it be that I just need to updated to the home rom? If so, it looks like the home rom LH-6 is latest and greatest...how about the sound rom?

#2800 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I believe that this is simply a ROM revision thing. Updating to later ROMs will show the vacation planner on an unlit whirlpool shot.

There are 4 switches associated with the whirlpool. The first is right at the ramp entrance. The second is towards the back behind the rear boulders. The third--an opto--is right below the cone of the whirlpool (that's what gives the flushing sound), and the final fourth (another opto), is right below the lost mine kickout. Make sure that all the switches are operating correctly with a ball. Sometimes they get funky and do weird things. It took me a while to properly adjust the ramp entrance switch.

Maybe a ROM thing? I honestly never noticed this. For the record, I am running home roms in my game. I definitely recommend them.

I really appreciate the advice. First off, I just ordered the home rom (LH-6) and will definitely be installing it. Secondly, I just removed and cleaned the opto transmitter and receiver at the bottom of the whirlpool funnel. Though the transmitter was fairly dirty, I don't suspect that to be the culprit since I hear the flushing sound when the ball drops into the whirlpool funnel. I will definitely take a closer look at the other three switches you've mentioned. I'm not getting any credit dots, but that probably doesn't rule out any of the other three switches.

When you say "ramp entrance," you're referring to the bigfoot bluff ramp entrance where the ball is diverted by bigfoot...right?

THANKS!

#2803 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Just because you're not getting a credit dot, doesn't mean the switches aren't flaky. Sometimes they can work intermittently, but in doing so, they work just enough to keep the credit dot away.

I'm referring to the switch literally right at the base of the ramp with the swinging gate. It pulls out as a unit, with insanity fall's ramp entrance switch. They're finicky to adjust.

Thanks for the advice...I fixed it! It ended up being the switch underneath the boulders not always registering. After some adjustments, everything is working perfectly!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

17,250 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.